Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The question is, what % of the run has this rotocasting problem? We have no way of knowing, but it seems that those pieces that have the problem are not going to survive shipping.

It’s a casting lottery. The scary part is if you get one and it breaks due to a bump or you pick it up at a thin spot in the future you are screwed. Outside of 30 days SS will tell you to go kick rocks. Mine had almost no material at the back of the leg. It was destined to break.

Looks like people might get their low edition size on this piece after-all! As collectors will sell/ship this piece over time...Thnos'es numbers might dwindle down cuz of the paper thin leg casting....over the years.

It would be interesting to know the numbers of broken pieces. Still it’s an amazing piece! And for those with minimal to zero issues must handle extremely careful if moving or re-boxing to move to another place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That will suck so much if outside of 30 days your statue just cracks or come apart because of thin casting. It seems like you should have a case because you absolutely have no way of knowing. I guess it's the chance we take unfortunately. I would never purchase from SS again if I were to have that experience guaranteed!

they did not make all of them (regular versions)...not even close.

My hope is that SS addresses the issue for future batches...sort of like what they did with superman.

My hope is that SS addresses the issue for future batches...sort of like what they did with superman.

Well that should at least be addressed to people that have ordered. But I guess they are just winging it and hoping that the next batch will deliver better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is why I'm very much considering cancelling my order and waiting a few months to see what happens.

This was “supposed” to be THE statue that ships and arrives with less issues. (FOR THAT PRICE). Even if I decide to get the reg now i would be so damn paranoid. The hassle to send this back from where i am from is just not worth it. Oh well

Yes,, this is why I purchase everything from local cbs (I don't get exclusive pieces but I don't have to worry if there are any problems - I call them and the item gets picked up and returned to them at no cost and a replacement is sent out to me).

I am still nervous though and in a couple of months when the stock arrives from ssc to my local cbs I will be worried when I receive and am opening up, but that is nothing new, it is a ritual I have done many times before and unfortunately I have had the heartbreak of receiving broken pieces before.

To all that have unfortunately received broken Thanos Maquettes I hope that everything gets replaced for you at no cost and that you all end up very happy with your piece.

It’s a casting lottery. The scary part is if you get one and it breaks due to a bump or you pick it up at a thin spot in the future you are screwed. Outside of 30 days SS will tell you to go kick rocks. Mine had almost no material at the back of the leg. It was destined to break.

This is a HUGE problem. Especially for those that already have their MAQ and think it's in good shape. If it breaks or cracks over time, sideshow isn't obligated to help everyone out. Wow, what a cluster F this could turn out to be. Even if future batches are addressed, that won't change a thing for anyone who has it now.

I’m not able to cancel it on the site....I’m guessing because it’s so close to shipping.

The question is, what % of the run has this rotocasting problem? We have no way of knowing, but it seems that those pieces that have the problem are not going to survive shipping.

I vote we all take hammers to ours and find out. :D j/k

So I said I wouldn't show anymore till it was on the statue... but this kind of counts....lol IMG_6593.JPGIMG_6592.JPG

Back