Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's an interesting predicament. I would rather go on the waitlist for a new body and guantlet, (I definitely wouldn't do a full refund as I love the piece) but what if the new body doesn't fit your base properly with the arm rests? It does make sense to me that that can happen with statues. (someone with experience in the statue making industry could verify if this is true or not) I have several nicks and scratches on mine and the neither of my feet are flush with the base, both are almost an inch off the base when adding the arm rests, without the arm rests it sits perfectly flush. This concerns me as I've contacted SS and haven't heard back from their Returns team yet. That was a really quick response you got, surprising!

Yeah the call and email responses were all under 90 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m
Gonna have to wait for replacement parts and hopefully they fit in. This piece is too nice to return

Yes the returns team contacted me within the hour after I uploaded the pictures.. this is what they wrote me...

Ashley
Ashley (Sideshow)
Jan 19, 5:22 PM PST

Hello Victor,

Thank you for following up! Please know that we have not yet received our full supply of replacements for the Thanos on Throne - Maquette, but we are expecting more to arrive in the future. Because of this, we expect to be able to provide a new body & left hand/Infinity Gauntlet at a later date in the near future.

If you would be willing to wait until we receive these additional parts, I can place you on our internal waitlist for the part, so that you will be sure to receive it once available.

If you do not wish to wait for more parts to arrive, I can offer you a $85.00 Sideshow credit instead as compensation for the issue, or you can choose to return the entire item for a full refund.

I just ask that you please let me know how you would like to proceed before January 26th, so that I may get this taken care of for you as quickly as possible!

Ashley Wilcox
Sideshow Returns Team

I got the same email regarding my request for an EX portrait replacement. I’m on the list. I hope the wait isn’t too long.

Bummer for me... everything is okay except for his right leg where his leg and shoe meet is broken off.

IMG_0035.jpg
Pics?

Oh man, bit of a PSA guys, the gems on the gauntlet are painted on top. Its like a clear acrylic gem painted with colored paint to give the white light a color. The paint on these gems comes off and scratches very easily! Take care when handling it. I have white light seeping through paint chips on his glove =[ And flecks of black debris in some of the gems too. Already contacted SS about this.

Also saw some videos of unboxing where people are putting in the batteries in one way ( the normal assumed way) but for some reason one of the positive contacts touches a spring? So be sure to look at the diagram inside the glove battery compartment for how to set the batters +/- before thinking your gloves are broken

Oh man, bit of a PSA guys, the gems on the gauntlet are painted on top. Its like a clear acrylic gem painted with colored paint to give the white light a color. The paint on these gems comes off and scratches very easily! Take care when handling it. I have white light seeping through paint chips on his glove =[ And flecks of black debris in some of the gems too. Already contacted SS about this.

Also saw some videos of unboxing where people are putting in the batteries in one way ( the normal assumed way) but for some reason one of the positive contacts touches a spring? So be sure to look at the diagram inside the glove battery compartment for how to set the batters +/- before thinking your gloves are broken

Thank you

I seen a YouTube video and I’m pretty sure it does not

Did anyone try displaying him in a besta because mine is just a cm out not an inch. I was able to close the door with a little opening but hard to notice.

Although he doesn’t looked scaled with my other statues so need to move him out. 😢

jhtva0.jpg

Any chance if someone on here who has theres could confirm the cubic dimesions please? as I'm now doubting the display case I have on order...as I see someone on youtube say it was 52cm wide and I took a gamble on going 50cm wide as Sideshows estimate was around 46cm

Thanks in advance

So, have people been slamming SSC customer service with bad build quality, QC, and shipping protection? Ive seen a lot of unsatisfied customers with this statue and with a cost as much as this guy is that is unacceptable. I'm really really nervous for when mine ships.

PO'd: SSC Avengers assemble: Thor, Hulk, and Wasp/SSC Spider-Gwen/SSC Silk/SSC Baby Groot/SSC Thanos CE & EX/SSC Wolverine/XM-Studios Hulkbuster/XM-Studios Spider-Man/XM-Studios Electro/RCB Future Foundation Spider-Man/IBD Onslaught/IBD Sentry/IBD Agent Venom/IBD Hyperion/IBD Superior Spider-man

So, have people been slamming SSC customer service with bad build quality, QC, and shipping protection? Ive seen a lot of unsatisfied customers with this statue and with a cost as much as this guy is that is unacceptable. I'm really really nervous for when mine ships.

PO'd: SSC Avengers assemble: Thor, Hulk, and Wasp/SSC Spider-Gwen/SSC Silk/SSC Baby Groot/SSC Thanos CE & EX/SSC Wolverine/XM-Studios Hulkbuster/XM-Studios Spider-Man/XM-Studios Electro/RCB Future Foundation Spider-Man/IBD Onslaught/IBD Sentry/IBD Agent Venom/IBD Hyperion/IBD Superior Spider-man

I was worried also and now I wait for a new body and gauntlet

In my opinion, they package their pieces really well in many cases. It's the 'monitoring the paint jobs before they leave the factory' where I think they struggle and why many of us have concerns.

I think the other problem is that we, as collectors, want perfection and when it comes to hand painted pieces, you're not going to find it. I can all but guarantee I can find a stray paint line, blotch, etc. on any piece that Sideshow (or any company) puts out. It's a concept I even struggle with - there's no truly perfect piece, but I still want that.

Back