Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally TOT has arrived but no where to display him since he won’t fit in a besta 😭

33epusp.jpg

And one of each edition. Nice !!!
It was probably when Thanos EX went up for PO and SS site was starting to crash, and all I can remember was clicking on Thanos face several times not really sure if I was on the EX or CE page and ended up ordering both 😂

It was probably when Thanos EX went up for PO and SS site was starting to crash, and all I can remember was clicking on Thanos face several times not really sure if I was on the EX or CE page and ended up ordering both ��

Would be cool to see both REG and EX side by side

Agree. Still need to figure out how to display Thanos. Maybe enclosed in an all glass casing. Hoping to see more pics from everyone and get inspiration there.
Likewise. Still haven’t found the perfect idea of how to display him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you get things started with Sideshow, mdfr?

Yes! Sorry I didn’t get back to you. They sent me an email a couple of hours back giving me the basic 3 options.
1. Get on waitlist for a body and gauntlet
2. 85.00 credit
3 full refund

$85 credit:lol

I don’t get why their lame credit offers are never even as high as the NRD. Does anyone fall for those?

A waitlist for replacement parts? Really? That is troubling. I hope it works out!

Yes! Sorry I didn’t get back to you. They sent me an email a couple of hours back giving me the basic 3 options.
1. Get on waitlist for a body and gauntlet
2. 85.00 credit
3 full refund

I'm surprised that they got back to you that quick. It takes days for them to reply to my emails. :lol

Wow. I wouldn't take the credit. If you go on the waitlist, do you have an option for a full refund if it doesn't go though?

I call BS then on their 'our bases are custom fit to each body' answer that I get time and time again because I don't see how this Thanos piece is any different than another piece that has a body and base. The last few replacements I've asked for (when I just wanted a body or base), I had to return everything or it was no deal. It still doesn't make any sense, unless there's another reason - like they feel they can touch it up and resell it.

I'm surprised that they got back to you that quick. It takes days for them to reply to my emails. :lol

Wow. I wouldn't take the credit. If you go on the waitlist, do you have an option for a full refund if it doesn't go though?

I call BS then on their 'our bases are custom fit to each body' answer that I get time and time again because I don't see how this Thanos piece is any different than another piece that has a body and base. The last few replacements I've asked for (when I just wanted a body or base), I had to return everything or it was no deal. It still doesn't make any sense, unless there's another reason - like they feel they can touch it up and resell it.

Yes the returns team contacted me within the hour after I uploaded the pictures.. this is what they wrote me...

Ashley
Ashley (Sideshow)
Jan 19, 5:22 PM PST

Hello Victor,

Thank you for following up! Please know that we have not yet received our full supply of replacements for the Thanos on Throne - Maquette, but we are expecting more to arrive in the future. Because of this, we expect to be able to provide a new body & left hand/Infinity Gauntlet at a later date in the near future.

If you would be willing to wait until we receive these additional parts, I can place you on our internal waitlist for the part, so that you will be sure to receive it once available.

If you do not wish to wait for more parts to arrive, I can offer you a $85.00 Sideshow credit instead as compensation for the issue, or you can choose to return the entire item for a full refund.

I just ask that you please let me know how you would like to proceed before January 26th, so that I may get this taken care of for you as quickly as possible!

Ashley Wilcox
Sideshow Returns Team

When I first started collecting a few years ago, I bought the Batman PF from a local comic shop. When I got it home, I realized that the right arm was separated from the body. Only the fabric costume was keeping it from falling off. I called the shop and they said they had another in their back room, so I went back to exchange it. Figuring there was no point lugging the whole statue back, i just brought the damaged body, and left the base at home. I switched out the body, but when I got home, the new body didn't fit my old base. I had to go back and switch bases. The store owner told me that he was having the same problem fitting the damaged body that I'd returned to the base of the other statue.

When I first started collecting a few years ago, I bought the Batman PF from a local comic shop. When I got it home, I realized that the right arm was separated from the body. Only the fabric costume was keeping it from falling off. I called the shop and they said they had another in their back room, so I went back to exchange it. Figuring there was no point lugging the whole statue back, i just brought the damaged body, and left the base at home. I switched out the body, but when I got home, the new body didn't fit my old base. I had to go back and switch bases. The store owner told me that he was having the same problem fitting the damaged body that I'd returned to the base of the other statue.

Yeah, I think I mentioned it before as well. For some reason, you can't really interchange bases or parts because sometimes they don't fit, which is why I wonder why sometimes collectors receive statues where the parts don't key in all the way, did someone pack the wrong pieces in or switch them by accident :huh figured they would test it out or inspect it beforehand but maybe not.

Dam they ******ed up

PO'd: SSC Avengers assemble: Thor, Hulk, and Wasp/SSC Spider-Gwen/SSC Silk/SSC Baby Groot/SSC Thanos CE & EX/SSC Wolverine/XM-Studios Hulkbuster/XM-Studios Spider-Man/XM-Studios Electro/RCB Future Foundation Spider-Man/IBD Onslaught/IBD Sentry/IBD Agent Venom/IBD Hyperion/IBD Superior Spider-man

Yes the returns team contacted me within the hour after I uploaded the pictures.. this is what they wrote me...

Ashley
Ashley (Sideshow)
Jan 19, 5:22 PM PST

Hello Victor,

Thank you for following up! Please know that we have not yet received our full supply of replacements for the Thanos on Throne - Maquette, but we are expecting more to arrive in the future. Because of this, we expect to be able to provide a new body & left hand/Infinity Gauntlet at a later date in the near future.

If you would be willing to wait until we receive these additional parts, I can place you on our internal waitlist for the part, so that you will be sure to receive it once available.

If you do not wish to wait for more parts to arrive, I can offer you a $85.00 Sideshow credit instead as compensation for the issue, or you can choose to return the entire item for a full refund.

I just ask that you please let me know how you would like to proceed before January 26th, so that I may get this taken care of for you as quickly as possible!

Ashley Wilcox
Sideshow Returns Team

That's an interesting predicament. I would rather go on the waitlist for a new body and guantlet, (I definitely wouldn't do a full refund as I love the piece) but what if the new body doesn't fit your base properly with the arm rests? It does make sense to me that that can happen with statues. (someone with experience in the statue making industry could verify if this is true or not) I have several nicks and scratches on mine and the neither of my feet are flush with the base, both are almost an inch off the base when adding the arm rests, without the arm rests it sits perfectly flush. This concerns me as I've contacted SS and haven't heard back from their Returns team yet. That was a really quick response you got, surprising!

Back