Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mdfr, I'll be honest. I see the chair chip - that would bother me a little. I get that.

But with those other pics, are the legs cracking??

And that’s not the chair that’s chipped it his chest piece

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dear Sideshow,

I wanted to take a moment to talk about 'us.' I've been a long time collector and fan of your work, for over 10 years now. I've seen a lot of amazing things come from you. I believe it was your Spider-Man 3 polystone statue line that first caught my eye. To say it was 'love at first sight' would be an understatement. Our love blossomed quickly. I soon realized that I had a lot of 'backlogging' to do: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Premium Format line, various Marvel life sized busts and Premium Format pieces (including arguably my favorite PF - the Thing with Pants PF - aka "Boots"), and beyond.

You spoiled me, as I did you, throwing money at you time and time again.

Ten years go by and as I look back at our relationship, it had some rocky times. It wasn't perfect, as no relationship is. I've had my fair share of QC concerns, and I haven't been happy with some of your price increases over the years. But that wasn't enough for me to 'quit' you. We've been through too much together. You're as much a part of me, as I am you.

Enter today. Despite ten years of sharing our lives with one another, my heart still skips a beat every time you send me 'a gift.' Today, that gift was the Thanos on Throne Maquette. (I see others calling it "TOT". Cute name.) TOT arrived, but then I found myself passing back and forth, much like every time you send me a gift.

"Was it worth the money?"
"Is TOT okay in there?"
"Will he fit in my collection?"
"Did I make the right choice???"

Well, Sideshow....the answer is "yes". It always has been and always will be "yes." TOT is like an anniversary gift and will always remind me of times we've shared and will continue to share, despite any who may try to stand between us. While many other companies may make their way into our lives, they will never be you. While I may critique the way one of your capes flow or a price tag on one of your maquettes, just know that I do it because I love you.

Forever yours,
Chap

tumblr_oaoi7gva4S1uuxzsno1_500.gif

Like it wasn’t glued right or something.

I would contact them. I struggled to see it at first, but I see what you're talking about.

And that’s not the chair that’s chipped it his chest piece

Sorry. I wasn't orienting myself right. You have a case for that. (For everything, honestly).

If you're not happy about the QC, I would ***** to them. I would circle the areas in the photos though to illustrate it to them, to take the 'guess' work out of it.

And contact them ASAP before other requests start coming in.

I understand being bummed. I'm the same **** way, especially when you pay this kind of money. I've returned many pieces because of it. (Unfortunately, Sideshow probably hates me. :lol)
Congrats. So your legs look good I’m assuming

Thankfully, mine looks really really nice. I'm VERY impressed. I'm going to do a second gland over tomorrow, when my nerves wear down though.

I would contact them. I struggled to see it at first, but I see what you're talking about.

Sorry. I wasn't orienting myself right. You have a case for that. (For everything, honestly).

If you're not happy about the QC, I would ***** to them. I would circle the areas in the photos though to illustrate it to them, to take the 'guess' work out of it.

And contact them ASAP before other requests start coming in.

I understand being bummed. I'm the same **** way, especially when you pay this kind of money. I've returned many pieces because of it. (Unfortunately, Sideshow probably hates me. :lol)

Thankfully, mine looks really really nice. I'm VERY impressed. I'm going to do a second gland over tomorrow, when my nerves wear down though.

Thanks for all the help. Yeah it looks worse in person. If I put him high on a shelf I might not be able to see it but even my family noticed it. Besides that this is a work of art. Can’t stop staring at it.

Thanks for all the help. Yeah it looks worse in person. If I put him high on a shelf I might not be able to see it but even my family noticed it. Besides that this is a work of art. Can’t stop staring at it.

Contact Sideshow then. I do that with my family when I need to weigh in. If they see it, then I email Sideshow.

If case you haven't done it before, you can start the email process tonight on their site.

FWIW though, they will probably want you to return it ALL because they keep telling me (from a recent replacement) that the bodies are made to fit uniquely to the base - so you can't just switch out the body and base. That doesn't make sense to me, but that's the song and dance they gave me. I kept trying to just get a replacement body, but they wouldn't do it.

Contact Sideshow then. I do that with my family when I need to weigh in. If they see it, then I email Sideshow.

If case you haven't done it before, you can start the email process tonight on their site.

FWIW though, they will probably want you to return it ALL because they keep telling me (from a recent replacement) that the bodies are made to fit uniquely to the base - so you can't just switch out the body and base. That doesn't make sense to me, but that's the song and dance they gave me. I kept trying to just get a replacement body, but they wouldn't do it.

Had a issue with the hulk/wolv dio and they have me 50 bucks. I stayed with it.( wolverine wouldn’t sit flush on hulks shoulder) they wanted me to return it all also. Sucks

Also the base if 191/750 so if I have to return everything I’ll end up getting a collectors edition base (numbered) with ex head? Grrrrrr

Also the base if 191/750 so if I have to return everything I’ll end up getting a collectors edition base (numbered) with ex head? Grrrrrr

They'll have blanks set aside, and they'll just renumber the base as the same one you got. If they have Exclusive replacements still available, you'll get one. They won't give you a Collector's edition.

They'll have blanks set aside, and they'll just renumber the base as the same one you got. If they have Exclusive replacements still available, you'll get one. They won't give you a Collector's edition.

Ok awesome yeah I’ll have to return it. That leg gap is big enough to fit a dime between it it seems. I wonder how everyone else’s legs look like

Ok awesome yeah I’ll have to return it. That leg gap is big enough to fit a dime between it it seems. I wonder how everyone else’s legs look like

I checked mine again and didn't see that degree of a gap. I have a tiny, tiny one, but that looks like a normal anatomy to me.

Anyone have a problem with his right foot not sitting flush on the base after putting on the armrest?
I had to lift him up off his seat a bit to get the armrest to slide in all the way because his arm was blocking it going in.
Then when I sit him back down after sliding in the arm rest his arm hits the rest before his foot touches all the way down

No problems with mine. It's flush. I did notice where his gauntlet touches the armrest that there's a bit of abrasion left from insertion. It's not noticeable at all unless you take it off. It's a close fit just the way I want it. A non issue really but you know us collectors are picky as hell. :lol

Actually, I do recall a video that showed it being lifted slightly up to make it connect correctly.

Here it is.

No problems with mine. It's flush. I did notice where his gauntlet touches the armrest that there's a bit of abrasion left from insertion. It's not noticeable at all unless you take it off. It's a close fit just the way I want it. A non issue really but you know us collectors are picky as hell. :lol

Actually, I do recall a video that showed it being lifted slightly up to make it connect correctly.

Here it is.

I did that little 'move action' they did in the video when I was putting it together. Collector paranoia at it's finest. :lol

Ed, did you get that lazy susan yet?

Now that I got a keeper, I think I might order it.

I'm curious though if there's a motorized one that spins really slowly.

Great Sideshow love letter Chap! :rotfl

Glad that you're happy with yours as I am with mine! My bro-in-law is coming over this weekend. I can't wait to see his reaction. He's a big Marvel fan.

I have him currently displayed on my desk for now. Here's a terrible cell phone pic. Yes, that's a ghetto monitor stand.

File Jan 18, 7 40 13 PM.jpg

Mine arrived and I'm thrilled with it. The only issue I have is that the fitting for the arm of the chair was so tight that it chipped when I put it in. You can't see it when inserted, so I'm not going to sweat it.

Back