Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did some rough measurements. If he were standing, he'd be about 31". The base of the throne is 2", so if he were standing, the statue would be 33".

Then this is even larger than 1/3 scale if your rough measurements are correct. :lol 6' 7" comes out to 79" tall. Divide 79 by 3 and we get 26 1/3". This MAQ will obliterate any true 1/4 statue it's displayed next to. Wow, I don't think any of us actually knew how big this piece would truly be. I'm a bit **** about scale so I'd never be able to display this MAQ with my PFs. However, there's now a much better value on this MAQ for the money spent on it since it's even bigger than 1/3 scale. My friend ordered this so I'll be seeing it soon. I'm sure the size of this thing will blow me away (along with how great it looks).

Then this is even larger than 1/3 scale if your rough measurements are correct. :lol 6' 7" comes out to 79" tall. Divide 79 by 3 and we get 26 1/3". This MAQ will obliterate any true 1/4 statue it's displayed next to. Wow, I don't think any of us actually knew how big this piece would truly be. I'm a bit **** about scale so I'd never be able to display this MAQ with my PFs. However, there's now a much better value on this MAQ for the money spent on it since it's even bigger than 1/3 scale. My friend ordered this so I'll be seeing it soon. I'm sure the size of this thing will blow me away (along with how great it looks).

I wouldn't say it's bigger than 1/3 scale. Many 1/3 scale pieces are about 33". The Prime 1 JLA Wonder Woman, for example.

i've been waiting all day. i kept "hearing" the ups truck pull up outside. well, it was late and i had to pick up my wife from work. i didn't want to leave. i felt like telling her to take the bus home. bad idea. i know. :D

then just as we were driving around the corner to our house.. yup, the ups guy was closing up his truck. i immediately got out of my car and ran out to say "i'm here!" lol. man, that was a close one. there was a "sorry, we missed you" sticker on my door too. the guy asked me if i needed a dolly but i carried that giant box on my own. crazy but i did it! whoowee!!

no pics yet. it's still in the box but i had to tell ya guys my harrowing experience. :yess:

Oh wow this made my day!! One of the most beautiful story i ever heard and with a happy ending too!!!
Not to ruin the mood .. checked my tracking number because iam expecting mine delivered today lo and behold i got my very first shipping delay T_T
It says "Shipping exception; Delay beyond our control" T_T
Your story made me feel a bit better though so there's that hehe

I wouldn't say it's bigger than 1/3 scale. Many 1/3 scale pieces are about 33". The Prime 1 JLA Wonder Woman, for example.

At exactly 1/3 scale, Thanos would be 26 1/3 inches tall. If you have him at roughly 31 inches standing (without adding the base), he's easily bigger than 1/3 scale. As I said, numbers don't lie. Even if your measurements are a bit off, I doubt that they're almost 5 inches off.

I did some rough measurements. If he were standing, he'd be about 31". The base of the throne is 2", so if he were standing, the statue would be 33".

When you did the measurements did you measure his height seated plus the length of his quads?

Wouldn’t it be closer to 19 inches plus whatever the length is of his quads?

I knew how big it was going to be because I've seen it in person at San Diego Comic Con :) My 1/4 Lobo competes with him pretty well.

When you did the measurements did you measure his height seated plus the length of his quads?

I'm not home to double check, but I measured from the bottom of his foot to the top of his knee, then from the top of his knee to his rear end, then straight up to the top of his head. I was using a yard stick, so it was a rough measurement.

If this Thanos was standing, he'd be around 26-27 inches tall. Just did the measurments

If this Thanos was standing, he'd be around 26-27 inches tall. Just did the measurments

Well, depending on who's measurements are correct, this MAQ is either a full 1/3 scale or larger. Either way, he's not close to 1/4 scale. That became obvious to me when I saw the pics of the MAQ next to the XM Thanos. As I said before, the XM Thanos is even larger than 1/4 scale because he clocks in at almost 23 inches and everything about the MAQ dwarfs it in size. Clearly, sideshow is selling a 1/3 scale Thanos. That certainly justifies the $1200 price tag.

thanos.jpg

Well, depending on who's measurements are correct, this MAQ is either a full 1/3 scale or larger. Either way, he's not close to 1/4 scale. That became obvious to me when I saw the pics of the MAQ next to the XM Thanos. As I said before, the XM Thanos is even larger than 1/4 scale because he clocks in at almost 23 inches and everything about the MAQ dwarfs it in size. Clearly, sideshow is selling a 1/3 scale Thanos. That certainly justifies the $1200 price tag.

Around how many iphone X's is that?

Not my photo, from FB. Although Thanos is obviously bigger, I think they look quite good next to eachother.

D9EFAF3A-5356-421F-90D1-F96753AF0B4F.jpeg

Still waiting for mine....I expect another 5-6 hours.

I'm turning into Ed....I think I hear a truck. Look out the window. Nothing...:lol

I was like a dog waiting for his owner to come home... after 4 false starts he finally arrived...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back