Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thank you for posting that

No disrespect.. the XM Magneto is magnificient Im sure

but after seeing that pic, I can live with just Thanos.

I was just thinking the same. Thanos is dominating in that pic in size, and the detail looks to hold its own with the other two as well. VERY impressive.

Wow. Just awesome pix guys. Guess who regrets not getting the reg [emoji113] lol. Flex is definitely out of my price range now. Hmmmmm. And how the hell does doom and mags look sooo small now hahaha. Just awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They look so small becsuse they are 1/4 scale.Thanos is 1/3 scale. Doom and Mags look tiny when displayed with Thanos. He'll dwarf any 1/4 piece he's displayed next to. I have the Prime 1 AO Deathstroke and it's my only 1/3 scale piece. I have him displayed as a stand alone piece because he's so much bigger than my 1/4 pieces.

On the bright side though, collectors should feel a lot better about spending $1200 on this MAQ now that we all know it's a 1/3 scale piece. The $1200 price tag certainly makes a lot more sense now.

They look so small becsuse they are 1/4 scale.Thanos is 1/3 scale. Doom and Mags look tiny when displayed with Thanos. He'll dwarf any 1/4 piece he's displayed next to. I have the Prime 1 AO Deathstroke and it's my only 1/3 scale piece. I have him displayed as a stand alone piece because he's so much bigger than my 1/4 pieces.

On the bright side though, collectors should feel a lot better about spending $1200 on this MAQ now that we all know it's a 1/3 scale piece. The $1200 price tag certainly makes a lot more sense now.

Igo noted on Statue Forum that the Sideshow Thanos/Throne is 1/4 scale (but, he did note that it's technically based on 'your preference of his actual height/size' ie. 6 foot + vs. 7 foot + ).

Then again, that was from a post of his in 2016. I can see the argument for both though.

My Thanos is expected to be here today. :/

I'm seriously nervous. Makes no sense that a company should make me feel this way. :lol

QC Powers That Be, please shine down on my collection today and the incoming Thanos. No whammys. No chips. No breaks. No curses. No nothing - just factory freshness and acceptable paint applications. Please.

Igo noted on Statue Forum that the Sideshow Thanos/Throne is 1/4 scale (but, he did note that it's technically based on 'your preference of his actual height/size' ie. 6 foot + vs. 7 foot + ).

Then again, that was from a post of his in 2016. I can see the argument for both though.

Thanos is listed by Marvel to be 6 feet 7 inches tall. At 1/4 scale he should be 19 3/4 inches. I have the XM Thanos. He's roughly 22 3/4 inches (figure only, doesn't include base). So, the XM Thanos is larger than 1/4 scale and closer to the 7 feet Igo mentioned. Now look at the pics of the XM Thanos and the MAQ together. You can easily see that the MAQ is significantly bigger than the XM Thanos. Especially when you look at the portraits of them side by side. Chap, the MAQ is 1/3 scale. I don't care what Igo said. He's way bigger than the 7 feet he mentioned since the XM Thanos is clearly at that size in 1/4 scale. Like it or not, the MAQ is a 1/3 scale Thanos. However, like I said, at least collectors are getting more bang for their bucks now. I thought this piece was a rip off at 1/4 scale. The price now becomes more realistic for a 1/3 piece.

The only issue now is that if you want to display Thanos with other 1/4 pieces, he'll easily dwarf them. For some collectors scale isn't an issue so they can put him wherever they want. For collectors who display their collection by scale (I'm one of them), this may possibly have to be displayed more as a stand alone piece because he's so damn massive. I think the scale of this piece and how big it actually is....is taking some peeps by surprise. Either way, he looks awesome.

My Thanos is expected to be here today. :/

I'm seriously nervous. Makes no sense that a company should make me feel this way. :lol

QC Powers That Be, please shine down on my collection today and the incoming Thanos. No whammys. No chips. No breaks. No curses. No nothing - just factory freshness and acceptable paint applications. Please.

Good luck Chap. Let us know what you think of it.

I remember yesterday on Sideshow Live he said that one of the the early prototypes/designs was around 1/4 scale but he was fighting to make him bigger and I think they did that in the end. Would definitely like to see pics of him next to 1/4 PFs/statues.

Do your waitlist convert or were you able to snag a preorder before the sellout?

I remember yesterday on Sideshow Live he said that one of the the early prototypes/designs was around 1/4 scale but he was fighting to make him bigger and I think they did that.

There's no doubt he's bigger. The pics and numbers don't lie. The XM Thanos clocks in at over 7 1/2 feet in 1/4 scale. The MAQ is obviously larger than the XM Thanos. I wonder how much this piece would've cost if it was released in 1/4 scale PF instead of the 1/3 scale MAQ they made him in.

There's no doubt he's bigger. The pics and numbers don't lie. I wonder how much this piece would've cost if it was actually in 1/4 scale instead of the 1/3 scale they made him in.

He may be closer to 1/3 scale than 1/4, but imo he's probably a bit short for 1/3 (at least for him).

Probably closer to $900 maybe? Or less. I'm not familiar with statue valuing. I just saw the trio of thrones a few pages back, he totally dwarfs Doom and XM Mag :lol

26992192_1950628634964826_1242159430928307969_n.jpg

Thanos is listed by Marvel to be 6 feet 7 inches tall. At 1/4 scale he should be 19 3/4 inches. I have the XM Thanos. He's roughly 22 3/4 inches (figure only, doesn't include base). So, the XM Thanos is larger than 1/4 scale and closer to the 7 feet Igo mentioned. Now look at the pics of the XM Thanos and the MAQ together. You can easily see that the MAQ is significantly bigger than the XM Thanos. Especially when you look at the portraits of them side by side. Chap, the MAQ is 1/3 scale. I don't care what Igo said. He's way bigger than the 7 feet he mentioned since the XM Thanos is clearly at that size in 1/4 scale. Like it or not, the MAQ is a 1/3 scale Thanos. However, like I said, at least collectors are getting more bang for their bucks now. I thought this piece was a rip off at 1/4 scale. The price now becomes more realistic for a 1/3 piece.

The only issue now is that if you want to display Thanos with other 1/4 pieces, he'll easily dwarf them. For some collectors scale isn't an issue so they can put him wherever they want. For collectors who display their collection by scale (I'm one of them), this may possibly have to be displayed more as a stand alone piece because he's so damn massive. I think the scale of this piece and how big it actually is....is taking some peeps by surprise. Either way, he looks awesome.

I'm with you there. I can't argue with that. It makes sense, and common sense says he's 1/3. I'm just sayin' what Igo said. :lecture :lol Keeping discussion alive!!! :lol

I did some rough measurements. If he were standing, he'd be about 31". The base of the throne is 2", so if he were standing, the statue would be 33".

Okay. I stand corrected.

Though when I think of Thanos I always imagine him as a very big guy. I know the heights that he has been drawn in are all over the place and that as said Marvels Wiki has him at 6 feet 7". But sometimes he has been drawn to be the same as Hulk at around 8-9 feet....which I guess would still make this statue 1/3 at 8 feet.

Waving my voodoo over to ya Chap!

Good luck Chap. Let us know what you think of it.

Thanks for the good vibes, guys. I appreciate it. :rock :1-1:

I remember yesterday on Sideshow Live he said that one of the the early prototypes/designs was around 1/4 scale but he was fighting to make him bigger and I think they did that in the end. Would definitely like to see pics of him next to 1/4 PFs/statues.

Do your waitlist convert or were you able to snag a preorder before the sellout?

I got mine during the preorder. I'll admit thought that I was one of the naysayers.

"This won't sell out quick."

To be completely honest, I was skeptical at the price and then add in the 750(?) Ex aspect, I didn't even think it would sell out in a week.

I've also been one of those that typically doesn't purchase villains - aside from Spider-Man ones. It just wasn't my thing. Then, the discussions and hype came. I fell victim to it and fell in love with it. :lol I completely misjudged this piece from the beginning, so hopefully, it doesn't disappoint.

Back