Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure what SS did but refresh wasn't working for me at 310 est... so I went thru shop/maquette/over 1k and he was there. I understand everyone's frustration, I just got lucky and found another way to get it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stone that is a very valid point ..... just wish there was more transparency. And with collecting PCS statues , some of the EX's I have not been able to get I at least say ahhh crap I missed out alot of people wanted this statue. Feels alot better than getting an email, clicking the link and seeing sold out but you can wait list within 2mins of getting the email. Because the email was sent 15 minutes after the sale link went live.
Understood and I hear your frustration since the EX is a must have for most collectors. Again the delay on the email was probably due to the congestion since the site became slow when PO went up.

On a separate note, I wonder why SS price the EX and REG the same amount.

Between the forums and FB and since since the tease/release of the EX head this is how it's gone

-I must have the EX. Have to have it.
-Crap Im on the waitlist....well if I don't get the EX then I'll be ok with the regular
-I got cut for the EX waitlist. I didn't want an EX anyway. The regular has the better head of the two and that's the one I really want, so screw ssc.

I'm surprised by the waitlist cancellations, especially for those who hopped on early. I think it's entirely possible there may have been issues with the system overall, who knows. I got the email at 3:17 Eastern time and I think it was already sold out by then or close to it, so yes the emails go out in waves and I was working. Sure it's a letdown and a pain in the ass, but these things happen and there will be a new "shiny" before long. It's been years since Sideshow has had a super hot product, and none that I can think of retailed for anywhere close to $1,200. Usually a $500 EX will hang on for weeks or months before selling out, so even though I had planned to get it immediately this was completely out of left field.

What ticks me off is the childish attitude on display. Between the whining, taunting and cheating it's a bit ridiculous to watch. Just because folks were sitting by their computers refreshing screens does not make them geniuses. I'm not sure why some folks would be rooting against WLs converting. It's not like that will change the ES. And invariably, a few months after the statue releases somebody will post a photo showing 3, 4, or 5 exclusives all lined up. Congrats you cheated the system and other collectors. I've got plenty of "grails" so I'm not going to shed a tear over this one. Sure I can afford to buy it in the secondary, but I probably won't. While it would be nice to have the official exclusive, I'm just happy the head will be removable so I can pick up a custom or two. Although I'm sure there are people hoping SS will re-engineer so the head is not removable on the regular. For now I'm going to hold off on the "Collectors" version. If Sideshow had offered an incentive like double reward points or free shipping as a consolation I would have PO'd it to mitigate some of the $ I'll end up spending for a custom portrait. So I'll either hold out for in-hand reviews or wait until it goes on the WL.

The hobby has grown tremendously in the past few years, and Sideshow, seeing that folks are willing to cough up $700, $800, $1,000+ on high quality statues and customs managed to up its game with this one. I'm not sure if its the beginning of a new standard for the company or just an aberration. We'll see what they do with Magneto.

Understood and I hear your frustration since the EX is a must have for most collectors. Again the delay on the email was probably due to the congestion since the site became slow when PO went up.

On a separate note, I wonder why SS price the EX and REG the same amount.

Good point haha

"Dear valued collector, we f'd up and the sales on the regular version suck balls. So we have decided to cancel your waitlist in a desperate attempt to have you order the regular. keep collecting!"

And I'm sitting here thinking how good it feels not making thins hobby affect me so emotionally lol. After reading all these comments its a fact that we will never know what SS did exactly. A lot of us were wrong on the price, wrong if it would sellout so fast and wrong in thinking our WL would convert. Id say lets accept and move on. It is what it is.

Why is it always the "norm" here that when people are upset for not getting a statue that they wanted that others have to call it whining and childish and self-entitled. It's not cool to make people feel worse especially when they're already feeling so down. Let them express how they feel on an open forum to vent some of that anger and frustration. That's what forums were created for. I feel badly for everybody who got that very disappointing email that I think should've been sent on Monday instead of yesterday. I for 1 saw the price and didn't even bother to get it for $1200, so absolutely no loss for me. And anybody who gets that collector's version I salute you for accepting it at 1200 even though you're being short-changed big-time imo.

Sideshow produces low es - people complain

Sideshow produces high es - people complain

Sideshow produces open es - people complain

Sideshow produces tbd es - people complain

I can tell reading comprehension is not your forte ....... I said there should be another way of just randomly tossing out Pre-Order times. Set a time so people who want the statue at least have a CHANCE at buying it. And if you are not mad that forum members 7 of that I know ordered within 15 minutes of it going live did not get a EX but there have been over 17 up for resale from various sellers on eBay. Meaning FLIPPERS got the statues before people whom want them for their collection. If you think this is ok .... you are just WRONG. That was my point. As I stated earlier I am a LEO and when working IF I am in my office which I probably am not, I cannot sit an refresh SS from noon until 4-5pm in most cases. Never said I was entitled ....you are just assuming because I stated how much I have spent on statues and you immediately formed an opinion that I am a rich entitled whiner. So by your comment .... I can either spend $2000-3000 for an EX on eBay or buy the reg for $1200 with the head I DONT like , and spend $200-500 on a aftermarket Head sculpt. And Because I am salty I did not get a PO of the EX and now am looking at spending 40-250% more on the same statue I am a self entitled whiner.... great logic there buddy.

In looking at many of your forum posts I see who I am dealing with..... more than 50% of your comments are talking crap to or about people. Majority of your posts are negative towards others or trying to put people/statues down etc ......you might want to see someone about your negativity issues.

There was never going to be enough for everyone no matter what Sideshow did...unless they made edition size TBD. You crying man tears just because you did not get one is nothing new. We do have a few crybabies who always seem to go over the top when they do not get a statue. Most adults have learned to accept the fact that not everything in life goes their way. Some other "adults" never learned that and throw a tantrum when they don't get certain things.

a lot of salt indeed.
Those that thought this would not get sold out cause of $1,200 price tag were completely wrong and some are even blaming sideshow for the instant sell out. Funny how collectors react. This is going to be a very interesting thread.

I'm so happy I got the EX

And I've spent all my reward points

By the time Magneto arrives I'm calling it quits

It's hilarious that seasoned collectors are now complaining they didn't know what time preorders went up

.... I could've sworn these same "collectors" before were F5ing the countless other preorders in the past ie- TMNT comiquettes

They weren't all that interested until they realized they can't capitalize

Rightfully so I think the taunting is appropriate

Lord knows how often the cheapskates go on their long diatribes for months ... how do you think that makes people that legitimately want what they ordered feel.

To be fair Sideshow has had an established TBA edition size and order window going back years and they moved the goal posts for this release for some reason. They've gone right back to TBA again with other orders right after. It's a poor strategy in my opinion.

I knew it was selling out asap. I looked at all the FB hype and Video hits. SS even told us the edition size before it went up. I had my mom order one, my brother, my aunt and other uncle who is cool. Had to send out $1,200 last week to pay al the NRD for my order army. I'm going to sell 8 of them. Display one and keep one sealed in box.

I'm gonna say what everyone in the Magneto XM thread were saying

Ur collection ain't **** unless you have a Thanos EX

The fat lady has sung

There will be blood

Lol damn. Sometimes I wonder if people buy these things because they like them or just for some type of bragging rights[emoji15]

Back