Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I already have my EX

im talking about for cancellations.. just upgrade REG preorders to EX instead of converting a waitlist.

I agree with the person who said the exclusive should have been the infinity gauntlet arm resting on the throne. It's kind of messed up that SS took this route because it's a slap in the face to hardcore Thanos fans. Another person in this thread said that the smiling portrait is a representation of Thanos's arrogance which is truly synonymous of this character. Why take that away? If they truly wanted to sell more of these pieces, the smiling head sculpt should've been included with the regular. A lot of people are hesitant to buy the regular because of this. While I'm not a hardcore Thanos fan, I sympathize with those who are disappointed by this. People who were able to get the exclusive should be very happy and not turn their noses up to people who couldn't acquire one "exclusive or bust" that's simply not the case for everyone. Those who ordered the regular should be happy as well, because the statue is beautiful no matter how you slice it. It sucks that us "Reg" folks have to pay extra money for an aftermarket sculpt that's a key part of a character. That's almost like Superman without a crest on his chest. Just not right!

Sorry but snooze you lose

You wouldn't be feeling this way if you missed the EX. Not everyone was snoozing, there were various reasons people didn't get as lucky as you. Why be rude about it, be happy you got one and gracefully allow others to vent. Show a little sympathy

I suppose the whole point of the ex is something exclusive enough to make people jump on it. Or it should be anyways

I suppose the whole point of the ex is something exclusive enough to make people jump on it. Or it should be anyways

This is true, but generally they tend to make more regulars than exclusives, imagine how many more they could have sold. They could have thrown in a signed art print, or something that doesn't take away from the true essence of the character. That's all I'm saying.

I agree with the person who said the exclusive should have been the infinity gauntlet arm resting on the throne. It's kind of messed up that SS took this route because it's a slap in the face to hardcore Thanos fans. Another person in this thread said that the smiling portrait is a representation of Thanos's arrogance which is truly synonymous of this character. Why take that away? If they truly wanted to sell more of these pieces, the smiling head sculpt should've been included with the regular. A lot of people are hesitant to buy the regular because of this. While I'm not a hardcore Thanos fan, I sympathize with those who are disappointed by this. People who were able to get the exclusive should be very happy and not turn their noses up to people who couldn't acquire one "exclusive or bust" that's simply not the case for everyone. Those who ordered the regular should be happy as well, because the statue is beautiful no matter how you slice it. It sucks that us "Reg" folks have to pay extra money for an aftermarket sculpt that's a key part of a character. That's almost like Superman without a crest on his chest. Just not right!

It's a game to SSC to do this exclusive crap. Your post was very good. I agree also the exclusive should have been the non grinning portrait. So many huge fans got trashed because of that one thing. I personally prefer the regular but at the same time it's much nicer having both portraits to choose from. I think it was handled poorly by Sideshow with the pre orders. But hey it's still early so any things possible. I've only had 1 item ever convert on a wait list. The really rare stuff zero chance. This Thanos will be a tough one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vamperilla Comiquette EX
Vamperilla Premium Format EX
Iceman Comiquette EX
Madame Hydra Comiquette EX
Thing PF EX
Venom Comiquette EX
Thor EX PF

didnt convert for me. Everything else has.

In hindsight (with the exception of Venom) maybe that was a good thing..

Vamperilla Comiquette EX
Vamperilla Premium Format EX
Iceman Comiquette EX
Madame Hydra Comiquette EX
Thing PF EX
Venom Comiquette EX
Thor EX PF

didnt convert for me. Everything else has.

In hindsight (with the exception of Venom) maybe that was a good thing..

I'm glad you were able to get your EX on this one. Congrats! and thanks for having sympathy for those who wanted one but couldn't get one!:)

Yeah, someone on the other forum missed out on even getting on the waitlist due to a death in the family. I feel really bad for her and hope she is somehow able to get one without resorting to paying a ridiculous flipper price or be happy settling for a reg

I wonder how many ppl would be pissed if ss decides to just add the ex head for all. Reg and ex lol.

I hope she's able to get one too, she definitely had a major priority! My condolences.

Yeah, someone on the other forum missed out on even getting on the waitlist due to a death in the family. I feel really bad for her and hope she is somehow able to get one without resorting to paying a ridiculous flipper price or be happy settling for a reg

i dont feel bad for her.

I feel lucky to get into this Ex specially that i really dont collect statue this as being my first. I collect 1/6th scale with that said excited for this. Just a question is there a possibility for them to add any more swap out parts? Like a closed fist?

Everyone was operating with the same info; it would go up for order between 12pm and 3pm pacific. Do you think that everyone who got an ex is unemployed?
Follow the Facebook groups and be on your comp starting at the kickoff time and you would have been able to buy an ex, there's no luck involved

I wonder how many ppl would be pissed if ss decides to just add the ex head for all. Reg and ex lol.

That's an interesting question. Sadly enough, I think quite a few based on some people's attitude on getting an exclusive. Collectors love exclusivity! which is becoming more rare nowadays. It's cool to have something rare that others don't have. I'm fine with that as long as people don't shove it down other peoples throat.

That's an interesting question. Sadly enough, I think quite a few based on some people's attitude on getting an exclusive. Collectors love exclusivity! which is becoming more rare nowadays. It's cool to have something rare that others don't have. I'm fine with that as long as people don't shove it down other peoples throat.

Exactly

agree 100%. If I hadn't been lucky on Wednesday I'd definitely be ordering the reg right now. and I'd enjoy displaying it just the same. GL!

Hey congrats ... great luck! The grinning head IS awesome ...but I'm happy with the Collector's edition... after all he is THANOS!

Everyone was operating with the same info; it would go up for order between 12pm and 3pm pacific. Do you think that everyone who got an ex is unemployed?
Follow the Facebook groups and be on your comp starting at the kickoff time and you would have been able to buy an ex, there's no luck involved

Not everyone has a job where they can just sit around playing on the computer all day constantly checking every 5 minutes so your statement doesn't work for a lot of people.

Back