Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As for the prints yes you can get your own frame for cheap but to have it professionally done even at Michaels is expensive, framing in general is expensive. If you have something you consider art and want to last a long time I suggest professionally framing it but if you want something that just looks cool and don't care if it last a long time then a cheap frame will save you money and make the display look better.

Very good point. This is my first ever art print. Dont wanna go through any hassle to custom make a frame that might damage the print as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might as well go all out and be certain. Worst comes I'm sure you would have zero problems selling the framed print. I currently have the Thanos print below but think the sideshow one goes so well next to the statue

View attachment 333328
o

Just grabbed one of these prints to compliment the statue. I personally prefer this to the sideshow print.
So thanks for sharing . Appreciate it .

Just love the emotion and expression shown . "BADASS" !!!!

Last edited:
Right now i have this displayed next to my XM Thanos. :)
20170331_144826-1.jpg

SWEET! I have that displayed with my Thanos and Death Comiquette
Mine is a 9.4

You out of the game or just sticking with XM/P1?

Yeah unless something really speaks to me, not like years ago when I pretty much ordered anything ssc put out. I'm sticking with XM/P1 Spidey related pieces and maybe some SSC spidey goodness....lol. I did order Green Goblin but stayed away from SSC latest venom and carnage pieces.. Of course I had issues with goblin, pretty much par for the course with anything I've gotten from ssc for the last couple years....which is why I've pretty much stopped buying from them, just tired of the same old "sorry we checked all our stock and we have nothing better for you" BS.

The frames really aren't that bad in person

Yeah I agree! I really too a risk looking at the frame in those pics while this baby was selling by the second. Did you snag the exclusive maquette ink?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm actually disappointed that Sideshow suddenly decided to change their formula. They went from edition sizes TDB, and then ultimately high edition sizes, and email announcements when things go up for order, to extremely high price, ES announcement prior to release (which I don't mind), and then a preorder listing at 12:10 EST. unless you're constantly refreshing this forum or others, you'd have no idea. I think it could've been handled better if Sideshow had said t would go up for order at a specific time several days before. Guess I'll wait for the Regular edition size. If they make 10,000 regular, it's really not worth the price. I guess that might actually be good though because the after market price would stay low. Who knows.

Just bummed that after 5 years of waiting for this, the thing I actually wanted is gone in 20 minutes. I was considering having this be my final statue, guess I might be retiring earlier than expected lol.

Then again, I wasn't crazy about supporting those outrageous prices. Last year people were complaining about a $600 Darkseid. This year, $1200 Thanos sold out in minutes. Sideshow will no longer be a relatively affordable company I fear.

I'm sure this has all been said in the last 24 hours. I just didn't go back and read the 50 new pages of comments between yesterday and today lol.

I'm actually disappointed that Sideshow suddenly decided to change their formula. They went from edition sizes TDB, and then ultimately high edition sizes, and email announcements when things go up for order, to extremely high price, ES announcement prior to release (which I don't mind), and then a preorder listing at 12:10 EST. unless you're constantly refreshing this forum or others, you'd have no idea. I think it could've been handled better if Sideshow had said t would go up for order at a specific time several days before. Guess I'll wait for the Regular edition size. If they make 10,000 regular, it's really not worth the price. I guess that might actually be good though because the after market price would stay low. Who knows.

Just bummed that after 5 years of waiting for this, the thing I actually wanted is gone in 20 minutes. I was considering having this be my final statue, guess I might be retiring earlier than expected lol.

Then again, I wasn't crazy about supporting those outrageous prices. Last year people were complaining about a $600 Darkseid. This year, $1200 Thanos sold out in minutes. Sideshow will no longer be a relatively affordable company I fear.

I'm sure this has all been said in the last 24 hours. I just didn't go back and read the 50 new pages of comments between yesterday and today lol.

they are pricing themselves out to lunch here soon for many collectors.....people will pay for a superior statue that they say this will be and watch they will still ship it in a crappy light weight box and busted up Styrofoam......I guess I'm getting spoiled by XM packing...Hell their packing is probably worth a couple hundred along...lol

I think the reg is going to have a pretty high ES to make up for the fast sell out of the EX version. SSC isn't going to leave money on the table for this guy....If the ES is 2500-5000 range which I believe it will be then the aftermarket craziness of the EX version will certainly die down months after release......Maybe..lol If not then just buy the Reg version and buy a custom head for it since both versions are suppose to have the light up feature....I'm sure the custom heads will be just as good or better from what I've seen from some of the people that have been doing them...

they are pricing themselves out to lunch here soon for many collectors.....people will pay for a superior statue that they say this will be and watch they will still ship it in a crappy light weight box and busted up Styrofoam......I guess I'm getting spoiled by XM packing...Hell their packing is probably worth a couple hundred along...lol

I think that's my biggest problem with Sideshow price hikes. It's a great case of competition in the market not working to benefit the consumer. Prime 1, XM have super high prices that people are willing to pay. But they also get amazing QC and customer support. They don't really compromise. You have a complaint? They'll fix it. Sideshow isn't there yet. Sometimes their QC is fine. Sometimes it's crap. And the higher price doesn't necessarily reflect a positive difference in QC. Sideshow sees the higher prices and can charg that much because they see their competitors doing the same and we collectors keep giving them money.

If Thanos has QC issues, sure some people will just return him. But other people will just buy up the stock. Nothing will change. I think I stayed in the hobby for so long because Sideshows prices were relatively affordable. I'd much rather spend $900 on a 1/3 scale statue from Prime 1 than $600+ on a 1/4 from Sideshow.

I picked up an XM Ant Man this week for $490 on Ebay. Comes with both the brown haired head and then blonde haired replacement head, amazing packaging and art print. Market is becoming so saturated with statues that I've been able to get XM and Prime 1 statues for hundreds below retail. No complaints here haha.

I've changed the subject so many times. Sorry.

I think the reg is going to have a pretty high ES to make up for the fast sell out of the EX version. SSC isn't going to leave money on the table for this guy....If the ES is 2500-5000 range which I believe it will be then the aftermarket craziness of the EX version will certainly die down months after release......Maybe..lol If not then just buy the Reg version and buy a custom head for it since both versions are suppose to have the light up feature....I'm sure the custom heads will be just as good or better from what I've seen from some of the people that have been doing them...

Neither have a light up feature.

Larger REG means more demand for EX

I'm all for it

I got 30% off the EX ... life is good

Just wondering when did the ex go on waitlist? I want to determine my slim chances of getting one. I think I got on at 12:36 PST cheers.
It got waitlisted at around 12:10.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Stupid app. I think it waitlisted no later than 12:10.

Just wondering when did the ex go on waitlist? I want to determine my slim chances of getting one. I think I got on at 12:36 PST cheers.
I got the EX preorder email from them at 12:18 and it was on waitlist at 12:30 when I clicked the link at lunch; not sure if that gives you a 'narrower' timeline or not.

Last edited:
Technically it wast sold out untill little after 1. :)

Back