Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sigh. All these people throwing out ridiculous costs of this statue...

People are fools if they hunk SSC don't pay attention to the forums and aftermarket pricing on their other pieces to determine pricing and what not.

Exactlly.... Some just have too much cash to throw arund

Price can be determined by edition size also. IMO, to make it sub 1K, the edition size has to be ~2500. If everyone wish edition size to be < 1000, and the price to be ~ $899, then SS will have to cut some corner during production process.

Why? Prime 1 is just fine keeping the ES and price below $1000 at 1/3 scale

For those who watched the reveal, was there any mention of an exclusive?

Another arm like on the teaser ??

Thanos-on-Throne-Maquette-Sideshow-Collectibles (1).jpg

People are fools if they hunk SSC don't pay attention to the forums and aftermarket pricing on their other pieces to determine pricing and what not.

People are fools if they think companies use forums as a pricing tool anyways...

Exactlly.... Some just have too much cash to throw arund

The sad part is most people dont have CASH to throw around at all, but they do have CREDIT so that gets thrown around easily.

I would love to see who can actually afford paying free and clear money for these pieces with no credit card debt in their life.

Sideshow makes it SOOOOOOO easy to order with the click of a button. Once you order you can take a screen shot of what you pre ordered and post to social media which makes you feel good about spending money that you truly didn't have, as long as you get a thumbs up its justified.

I feel that Sideshow with all its connections to this business of producing Statues could price these pieces in line with others of Larger size PFs. They dont have to use Prime 1 prices as a comparison, but it seems that's what they will do. What they fail to see is that Prime 1's ES is normally around 1000.

I'm very interested how this will play out in the upcoming days when Price and ES is officially released.

/

It's been a couple of years since I've bought anything from Sideshow. This piece looks so awesome I've decided to come out of retirement.

Agree. But then i see prime 1 venom which (looks to me) has more detail and towering 31inches is still 899 which is limited to 1000 pieces. Yeah i know different characters but still hehe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah sure....

The chair alone has way more detail than Venom.

Let's hold off on those bows and applause until this piece gets in hand.

I'm just giving credit to Sideshow with what we have now. I am very much impressed with the sculpt and the design. IMO this is how you "modernize" a classic. Given it their own flavor, added details here and there, but look at how Sideshow retained the shapes that can easily be associated with the classic costume. That is how they should have done Deathstroke.

It boggles my mind that people actually think this way. Lol.

Do I think they read what people post on here and say "oh that guy said he'd pay $2000 let's make it $2000." No. Do I think they watch after market pricing and think "what the hell, we are losing out on thousands of dollars when these things resell, that means we can ask more for them initially!". Absolutely.

I'm just giving credit to Sideshow with what we have now. I am very much impressed with the sculpt and the design. IMO this is how you "modernize" a classic. Given it their own flavor, added details here and there, but look at how Sideshow retained the shapes that can easily be associated with the classic costume. That is how they should have done Deathstroke.

And this is how they should have done Darkseid!!

At the very least, they should have given Darkseid the same amount of attention. Then perhaps his size, portraits and pose could have been better ...moreso his size because Darkseid should be as big as Thanos (height and girth).

After this ...Darkseid needs a re-do! Badly!

This!
4fe6172dd58da0e996cb98d802181d83.jpg

vs.

This?!
dc-comics-darkseid-premium-format-300284-03.jpg

Don't even need Darkseid on a throne, either. Just better height, girth and details ....I'll even give on the pose; keep the pose. But c'mon ...everything else needs to be spectacular!

I passed on Darkseid. Good thing ...as that money can be used for this. If SSC doesn't go crazy on the price ...then I'm definitely getting this Thanos. Done!

After this ...Darkseid needs a re-do! Badly!

This!
4fe6172dd58da0e996cb98d802181d83.jpg

vs.

This?!
dc-comics-darkseid-premium-format-300284-03.jpg

Don't even need Darkseid on a throne, either. Just better height, girth and details ....I'll even give on the pose; keep the pose. But c'mon ...everything else needs to be spectacular!

I passed on Darkseid. Good thing ...as that money can be used for this. If SSC doesn't go crazy on the price ...then I'm definitely getting this Thanos. Done!

Maybe when we see darkseid in JL the hype train will start. So we might see a redo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sweet, but where's a pic of the front facing head? I thought both portraits that have been shown are left facing

they already showed another left hand rested on the throne, it better goes with a front facing head.
it would be weired looking otherwise.

Back