Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yikes, this will cost around $2000 by the time it lands in Canada......Not going to happen...I'll be happy with my XM pieces and spidey villians and I do believe I am officially out of this hobby....

Yikes, this will cost around $2000 by the time it lands in Canada......Not going to happen...I'll be happy with my XM pieces and spidey villians and I do believe I am officially out of this hobby....
How much are you paying for the XM pieces?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

$1200... when Prime 1 1/4 scale pieces go under $900 with the SS contracted distribution license contract mark ups... SS is out of their damn minds.

$1200? Congrats to the 3 people that will own this.

Seriously though, these prices keep going up while cost of materials and labor stays (relatively) the same.

Damn. Im still considering the koto. Especially now that its 227 on amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Kotobukiya and its a fine piece of work. I feel like I should just settle and not even bother with this Sideshow one.

$1200? Congrats to the 3 people that will own this.

Seriously though, these prices keep going up while cost of materials and labor stays (relatively) the same.
This quote from the founder of PCS has come up couple of times today for obvious reasons :

Post from Jerry Macaluso "Working at a polystone factory is considered very low end in China. Its dirty, toxic and very physically demanding work.

Every year another polystone factory closes and there arent more popping up to take their places. Its just not a business anyone wants to be in.

And if you are going to be in that business then the last thing you want to do is low runs on super complicated pieces. They would much rather be working for Disney and making 50000 pieces of a simple Donald Duck statue.

There are only a dozen or so factories that are capable of making the super high quality stuff left. Then an additional couple dozen more that can do the 'regular' high end stuff.

This means every year demand goes up but supply goes down. That means prices go up and up and up."

This quote from the founder of PCS has come up couple of times today for obvious reasons :

Post from Jerry Macaluso "Working at a polystone factory is considered very low end in China. Its dirty, toxic and very physically demanding work.

Every year another polystone factory closes and there arent more popping up to take their places. Its just not a business anyone wants to be in.

And if you are going to be in that business then the last thing you want to do is low runs on super complicated pieces. They would much rather be working for Disney and making 50000 pieces of a simple Donald Duck statue.

There are only a dozen or so factories that are capable of making the super high quality stuff left. Then an additional couple dozen more that can do the 'regular' high end stuff.

This means every year demand goes up but supply goes down. That means prices go up and up and up."

Yes I read that the other day.

And I'm sorry, but you guys thinking that this will sell out on Day 1 are sorely mistaken. And I will gladly apologize if I'm wrong, but that's not happening.

This looks fantastic. Don't get me wrong, but this is a vastly changing market for collectors including myself. Sideshow is testing the waters and clients will eventually warm up to the notion of this price increases, but they're not there yet. Days of pieces like this selling out within hours are over.

Yes... Doutb it will sold out 1 day too.

i thought i would paid $999 the most for the ex version.
now i am on the fence, i might take a pass finally.
for this price i can almost buy 3 blitzway 1/4 scale
rocky ii statue, its just crazy!

$1200... when Prime 1 1/4 scale pieces go under $900 with the SS contracted distribution license contract mark ups... SS is out of their damn minds.

My thoughts exactly. I look at p1 scarecrow and their latest batman from the arkham games. These are very detailed and tall pieces.....for 899. But hey what do i know lol

I have the Kotobukiya and its a fine piece of work. I feel like I should just settle and not even bother with this Sideshow one.

Yeah I'm leaning more to that route. Hell ss avengers assemble line which i plan to assemble. If thor comes at the same 360 price tag as cap and im thats still $1080 lol. Thats 3 1/5 statues. Oh well

Back