Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a great statue (yes, I have it,) but it’s crazy that something like the Hulk/Wolverine can be available for as long as it has for half the price (yes, I have that too lol) yet Thanos is already gone.

Thanos has a movie out and wolverine to me is a crap character. Sorry to all you wolv fans but he's just a meh hero.

Decent movies but overall not my cup.of team. And X-Men is my favorite comic.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thanos has a movie out and wolverine is a crap character. Sorry to all you wolv fans but he's just a meh hero.

Decent movies but overall not my cup.of team. And X-Men is my favorite comic.

You don’t like him, that’s fine. But to call him a “crap character” is just silly. But I know people on the internet thrive on exaggerating to try and make a point.

You don’t like him, that’s fine. But to call him a “crap character” is just silly. But I know people on the internet thrive on exaggerating to try and make a point.
I should have said to me he's a crap character. I corrected my first post.

The cartoon from way back in the day didn't do him any justice. In that show most of the time He came off like a cry baby because he couldn't remember his past.

X-Men comic have hands down some of the best super heros and super villains

This is a great statue (yes, I have it,) but it’s crazy that something like the Hulk/Wolverine can be available for as long as it has for half the price (yes, I have that too lol) yet Thanos is already gone.

If it is true ... and I'm thinking it's true ...that it's sold out, then perhaps this Maquette was that good.

If it is true ... and I'm thinking it's true ...that it's sold out, then perhaps this Maquette was that good.

The reason it sold out is because they really promoted this piece well. Like went all out. The movie would not have made any difference neither as the character build up was done well enough. I just wish Sideshow would have did something special with the packaging. Same lame cheap packaging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reason it sold out is because they really promoted this piece well. Like went all out. The movie would not have made any difference neither as the character build up was done well enough. I just wish Sideshow would have did something special with the packaging. Same lame cheap packaging.

C'mon ...you gotta give the statue some credit, too. We wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't great.

C'mon ...you gotta give the statue some credit, too. We wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't great.

The statue obviously sold itself. The very first time I saw it I was blown away. I can’t imagine anyone who didn’t freak seeing that very first image. It’s one of the best pieces in my collection. I think the design and sculpt are amazing.

The statue obviously sold itself. The very first time I saw it I was blown away. I can’t imagine anyone who didn’t freak seeing that very first image. It’s one of the best pieces in my collection. I think the design and sculpt are amazing.

Exactly. I knew I wanted this before the PO day arrived. I had to have it.

I didn't know the EX was going to sell out super fast on the first day, but it just so happens I had free time at the time PO went live.

The Darth Breagle Strikes Back. There was a time when people would have freaked out if an EX was recast, but for some reason guys aren’t pissed with this one.

I think the statue community is more pissed off with sideshow and the ex everyone wanted selling out in minutes which is probably why people that are against recasts would buy this recast head in a heart beat with no guilt what so ever.

I think the statue community is more pissed off with sideshow and the ex everyone wanted selling out in minutes which is probably why people that are against recasts would buy this recast head in a heart beat with no guilt what so ever.

The problem is that the whole reason the Ex is so sought after is its rare. The Ex had a pretty decent Es at 750, and yes it sold out fast, but that shouldn't be the reason why guys ditch their morals, and let's face it there are so many GREAT customs coming out for this one guys shouldn't be rushing to the recasts.

The problem is that the whole reason the Ex is so sought after is its rare. The Ex had a pretty decent Es at 750, and yes it sold out fast, but that shouldn't be the reason why guys ditch their morals, and let's face it there are so many GREAT customs coming out for this one guys shouldn't be rushing to the recasts.

Obviously there is better customs out and the ex at 750 is good edition size but it should not have been a smiling portrait. That's the issue every single $1200 statue should have come with a smirking head as standard that's a big frak up on sideshows side. The Ex should have been something else like a cosmic cube.

Prime 1 1:3 Justice league went the right way making mother boxes as the EX.

There’s someone selling a recast of the whole piece for $989 on ebay. I think the seller is using pictures of the real thing. I hope no one buys it so they’ll stop recasting

Obviously there is better customs out and the ex at 750 is good edition size but it should not have been a smiling portrait. That's the issue every single $1200 statue should have come with a smirking head as standard that's a big frak up on sideshows side. The Ex should have been something else like a cosmic cube.

Prime 1 1:3 Justice league went the right way making mother boxes as the EX.

But the EX being amazing is what makes it sought after... it is a catch 22 ... people always ***** that the EXs suck, and for the first time in years SSC nails a great one and the recasters go right for it.

But the EX being amazing is what makes it sought after... it is a catch 22 ... people always ***** that the EXs suck, and for the first time in years SSC nails a great one and the recasters go right for it.

Thanos smirk is what he is best known for. Smirk and gauntlet should have been no go zones for EX.

Look at the Darkseid premium format the EX was a smiling portrait. The normal portrait was non smiling which is what Darkseid is known for. Perfect.

Back