Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait for the customs with the light up feature from spidey.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Couldn't agree more. It seems like the ones that went over seas we're better quality then the one in the states.

Cheaper on returns I guess lol

Doubt it. Any international collector that actually got refund with the shipping all paid by SS?

That looks awesome and time consuming lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well the initial basemesh took me months on and off... so just the head, but making the alterations with hair and the like was maybe an hour. Though they aren't anywhere near finished

reports of replacement bodies arriving damaged.

I'll ask again, was the damage during shipping? I've searched the FB groups and some other sites and I don't see any "reports" of damaged replacements. Can you share more details?

thanks

I'll ask again, was the damage during shipping? I've searched the FB groups and some other sites and I don't see any "reports" of damaged replacements. Can you share more details?

thanks

sorry for the delay. Easter weekend.

yes, damaged during shipping. 2 different reports in the fb groups...hopefully not a trend.

Got my gauntlet replacement today. I'll give you updates when I get home and inspect it.

I kind of hope it doesn't fit the body so they can replace that also lol.

Well..... Gauntlet doesn't fit and also has has a slight light bleed. Less than the first gauntlet but still has some bleeding. Tons of paint issues. Here's a quit shot of the biggest issue.

The one with the x's is the new one. Paint app is completely different color than the entire statue.
21de3a36cb951b1a7e692cd01f949bfb.jpg
0b602669fc3a63b5376d94ecee3df94d.jpg

I ended up keeping mine and I'll just have someone repaint the parts I'm not happy with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does any one else have X's on there gauntlet ?

can you post a picture of about a foot away from it? I don't have my Thanos yet and just want to see what you are looking at in those close ups. I am not nearly as picky with hand painted items as others on these boards but just want to get a reference for what is considered bad paint job.

Unfortunately that's one of the problems with getting replacement parts, as in my experience half the time they come with their own issues.

But because I know that they're hand painted by many different painters across the whole production period and the implicit variations that can occur, it's to be 'expected'.

I’ve noticed a paint smudge on his finger on mine after close inspection. Didn’t notice it before? It’s something I can fix. But boy kinda sloppy handling by the painter to be honest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very strange. I wonder if they added the X's to show it's a replacement.
Has any one else gotten replacement's?

I don't understand how the painters don't all have the same gold. I can paint something in Orlando and go to NY and buy the same color gold at the same craft store. Granted there buying on a much larger scale :)

Edit. The light bleed by the thumb is too dim to get on camera. But the one between the Pinky and rig finger isn't.

0430dcdc89672258326879ed584a8b60.jpg

can you post a picture of about a foot away from it? I don't have my Thanos yet and just want to see what you are looking at in those close ups. I am not nearly as picky with hand painted items as others on these boards but just want to get a reference for what is considered bad paint job.
Most of the other paint issues can't be seen unless your about 6" away from it. Which saldy I'll be that close all the time.
bb4d0809b80eed4c0726237dc44fa076.jpg

Back