Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of those 70 000 people

A conservative response rate of at least 2% buying the statue equals 1400

No reason to control the flood gates now

So am I

How am I "attacking" anyone?

Maybe I attack stupid posts

They have NEVER EVER NEVEREVER (smile) cancelled a waitlist weeks after a pre-order. Ask yourself why they decided to do so this time? There is only one logical explanation.

In my view, the preponderance of evidence points to lackluster sales. Why else cancel those on the waitlist and continue to hype the hell out of it on their site and social media if sales are what they expected?

I hope no one is naive enough to think they do all of this (their Wed show, the blog, fb, and so one) for any other reason than to sell statues and figures.

Edit: I know they did it afterwards with Prime1 Mr.Freeze and I would argue the reason was the same.

Case in point

The Infinity War movies haven't even come out yet, by the time this thing ships the first one will be in theatres

I hope they keep the "Collector" edition ES open to piss late adopters off

If you count the number of people between the forums that responded "preordered"

It's close to 250 on these forums alone

That 33% of the total EX ES

I'm betting most of their sales are from China anyways

The ex sold out in minutes and literally hundreds of people were saying they missed out. There hasn't been demand like this for a statue in a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's demand for the EX, not the REG. We have no idea if the REG is selling well or not. We won't know much until SSC reveals an ES for the REG.

I don't think it's a big leap to think the REG is selling well when you consider how fast the EX sold out.

What if most collectors were only intrested in the ex tho. Im no thanos expert but i dont remember seeing any statue for thanos with a standard non grinning / smile / smirk sculpt. What do you think the es will be for a statue to be considered selling well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they're looking at this statue as a showcase piece for Sideshow, where they've really elevated their game. I think that's why they're promoting it like crazy, and yes, to generate sales. What's wrong with that?

I don't think it means preorders have been lackluster. The REG ES hasn't been established yet, so why not promote it like crazy, and try to sell as many as possible of a next-level statue? Seems like a good business strategy to me.

This is a fair point. I guess we'll all know soon enough.

Out of those 70 000 people

A conservative response rate of at least 2% buying the statue equals 1400

No reason to control the flood gates now

although I agree I think the regular will have an edition size 1500, I would speculate that SS hoped for bigger numbers.

although I agree I think the regular will have an edition size 1500, I would speculate that SS hoped for bigger numbers.

I think it might go higher, maybe 2000 or more. When you look at other $1000+ statues, for example Prime 1's AK Harley, Deathstroke, and Miller Batman, they all have a REG ES of 1500. While those are clearly very popular statues, Thanos feels like it's a level higher, as the EX's instant sell-out demonstrated.

Last edited:
Haven't bought an EX before since the EX has sold out on Thanos does that mean you can't buy the EX anymore or do they re release more exclusives when they release the ES?

Back