Statue Sideshow Terminator 2 Battle Damaged T-800 PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too many lil ******es in here caring what others think. The EB head is much better but their bodies are such shoddy quality, feels like they will break if you move them around too much.

This I'll agree with. I own the Enterbay figure and love the head sculpt, attention to detail on the outfit and weapons, but you are right, the bodies they use are pretty terrible. It's the only Enterbay figure I own, but I hear they are all like that. The 1/4 body Hot Toys used for their Batman figure is much better quality.

Feel free to lose sleep over what you tell people you have while I put mine on a shelf not caring what people on the internet think of it.

lol how'd you get that from my comment? I was being sarcastic and your comment doesn't apply at all…its not a matter of 'caring what other ppl think' its about whether or not something is accurate..thats not a "matter of opinion", thats normally fact. I do think its important that if you're buying something, and its supposed to be based off of a movie or what have you, then it should resemble and be accurate to the source matter. Don't think that statement should be up for debate...

I do think its important that if you're buying something, and its supposed to be based off of a movie or what have you, then it should resemble and be accurate to the source matter. Don't think that statement should be up for debate...
It does resemble it and is probably 95% accurate, at worst, which is more than good enough for most. You act like it looks nothing like it does in the movie, which is laughable.

It does resemble it and is probably 95% accurate, at worst, which is more than good enough for most. You act like it looks nothing like it does in the movie, which is laughable.

No, I'm not. All i said was that the guy has on a damn turtleneck, which he does. And if you've seen the movie, you'd know that was wrong. Thats all…you wanna get all defensive about a piece I'm assuming you ordered, thats fine. But don't act like because certain things are fine with you, that everyone has to think it isn't a big deal. I had the piece on order day 1 and luckily I came to my senses and realized that for the money, and for MY tastes, it wasn't a warranted purchase. Plus his wound is supposed to be on his chest, but thats not a deal breaker like that. But c'mon, his shirt? If you look at it long enough, it looks odd eventually. Its not winter.

No, I'm not. All i said was that the guy has on a damn turtleneck, which he does. And if you've seen the movie, you'd know that was wrong. Thats all…you wanna get all defensive about a piece I'm assuming you ordered, thats fine. But don't act like because certain things are fine with you, that everyone has to think it isn't a big deal. I had the piece on order day 1 and luckily I came to my senses and realized that for the money, and for MY tastes, it wasn't a warranted purchase. Plus his wound is supposed to be on his chest, but thats not a deal breaker like that. But c'mon, his shirt? If you look at it long enough, it looks odd eventually. Its not winter.

Im getting defensive? Again, laughable, as I'm only offering a different perspective. I don't think you know what a turtleneck is either or you're just making hyperbolic comments on purpose. I'm not acting when I say the things people nitpick about here don't bother me. They don't and I don't base my tastes on what anonymous people on the internet think. You obviously take all of this way too seriously so I'm happy you "came to your senses" and didn't make the mistake of a lifetime, in buying such a travesty to humanity...

Im getting defensive? Again, laughable, as I'm only offering a different perspective. I don't think you know what a turtleneck is either or you're just making hyperbolic comments on purpose. I'm not acting when I say the things people nitpick about here don't bother me. They don't and I don't base my tastes on what anonymous people on the internet think. You obviously take all of this way too seriously so I'm happy you "came to your senses" and didn't make the mistake of a lifetime, in buying such a travesty to humanity...

Just for my own amusment, how far would SS have to **** up a piece before you wouldnt buy?

Just for my own amusment, how far would SS have to **** up a piece before you wouldnt buy?

That's well beyond hypothetical, but I see the point you're trying to make. There's trivial and then there's looking nothing like it. Draw your own conclusions then spin it in a way that you can make me look clueless, because that is your intention, as others cheer you on. Knock yourself out, I have better things to do than to keep going on about the clothes a statue wears, although it's always humorous to see such strong nerd rage over first world problems like this 8D

edit - as predicted it's nice to see your peanut gallery cheering you on :)

Damn you're dramatic! Who said ANY OF THAT..we get it, you like the piece…CONGRATS! But just because you like it, doesn't mean that others will agree with you, or that they won't be critical of a piece…and no one cares if you care about our opinion! Or don't care…its irrelevant..and you clearly care somewhat about discussing these pieces with SOMEONE because you're a member of a damn statue forum..so get over this idea that you're so above all of this nitpicking and whatever else you describe it as, because at the end of the day we're all here for the same reason…we get it..you're buying the piece, but you should also get that the rest of us disagree with the idea that this is a perfect representation (or 95%, as you said) of arnold from t2, because, to the majority, its NOT. So move on and realize that on a forum, ppl can be critical and you can still enjoy your piece…mind-blowing, i know.

That's well beyond hypothetical, but I see the point you're trying to make. There's trivial and then there's looking nothing like it. Draw your own conclusions then spin it in a way that you can make me look clueless, because that is your intention, as others cheer you on. Knock yourself out, I have better things to do than to keep going on about the clothes a statue wears, although it's always humorous to see such strong nerd rage over first world problems like this 8D

edit - as predicted it's nice to see your peanut gallery cheering you on :)

Yeah, I suspected you'd spin in my direction a bit too and laugh it off. Enjoy your PO.

Damn you're dramatic! Who said ANY OF THAT..we get it, you like the piece…CONGRATS! But just because you like it, doesn't mean that others will agree with you, or that they won't be critical of a piece…and no one cares if you care about our opinion! Or don't care…its irrelevant..and you clearly care somewhat about discussing these pieces with SOMEONE because you're a member of a damn statue forum..so get over this idea that you're so above all of this nitpicking and whatever else you describe it as, because at the end of the day we're all here for the same reason…we get it..you're buying the piece, but you should also get that the rest of us disagree with the idea that this is a perfect representation (or 95%, as you said) of arnold from t2, because, to the majority, its NOT. So move on and realize that on a forum, ppl can be critical and you can still enjoy your piece…mind-blowing, i know.

So easy to wind you up, even when I'm not trying. I wasn't being dramatic, I was being a smart ass. I love how you speak for the entire board. When is the next election? Let me know because I need to buy a new turtle neck for the debates.

So easy to wind you up, even when I'm not trying. I wasn't being dramatic, I was being a smart ass. I love how you speak for the entire board. When is the next election? Let me know because I need to buy a new turtle neck for the debates.

Dude, you don't give up do you? Other than the head sculpt on these PFs, what else do we have to be critical of? Maybe the paint, tailoring and screen accuracy if taken from a movie. It stands to reason that many of the collectors on here will look at details of an object they spend half a grand on and maybe give SS some feedback in the forums. SS has altered products before shipping based on feedback. I just left the TMNT thread where a guy was fixated on a white piece of unpainted poly stone under his comiquettes toe. Tell me we aren't an odd bunch? I'm done with this convo.

Pilky, for a guy who has more important things to worry about, you sure spend alot of energy on this.

They need to fix the collar. It is an eyesore. I don't think they will though, as that looks to be what was at the toy fair production wise. Doubt we get another look at SDCC.

Also a big swing and a miss having no light up eye.

FWIW, I was wondering if I made a mistake passing, threw it up on the ol' WL expecting to wait and see some more pics...like 4 hours later got a conversion email, lol. This is the softest sellout I have ever seen!

Anyway, if they were to fix that ONE detail, I would get this instead of the Hot Toys. I'm not a rabid Terminator fan that needs a representation from each movie, just one that I can point to as MY terminator. So far, this is still missing the mark.

Pilky, for a guy who has more important things to worry about, you sure spend alot of energy on this.

They need to fix the collar. It is an eyesore. I don't think they will though, as that looks to be what was at the toy fair production wise. Doubt we get another look at SDCC.

Also a big swing and a miss having no light up eye.

FWIW, I was wondering if I made a mistake passing, threw it up on the ol' WL expecting to wait and see some more pics...like 4 hours later got a conversion email, lol. This is the softest sellout I have ever seen!

Anyway, if they were to fix that ONE detail, I would get this instead of the Hot Toys. I'm not a rabid Terminator fan that needs a representation from each movie, just one that I can point to as MY terminator. So far, this is still missing the mark.

If it's a SS piece I prefer they don't come with light up features, I swear SS has like a 70% failure rate on light up features on their statues... I have several statues from SS witch the lights no longer work and they always stop working right after the 30 day warranty.... it's so annoying..

Child please. Wind me up? "You're not trying"…you're one of those people who say something, you make your point, and then stand by it. Someone, or in this case a whole damn message board essentially, come over, and say hey bud, you might be wrong, or think of it this way, etc. Then, instead of compromising a little, or trying to look at that other person's perspective, you just become more entrenched in your original position. Despite logical, well written statements and comments that CLEARLY indicate why you should, at a minimum, look at something a different way. But no, this person, who normally is an ignorant tool, can't admit anything or listen to logic, because that would mean, to them, that somehow their argument or perspective is wrong, and that is a bad thing, because its about winning, not about arriving at a logical conclusion. (thats why they're the ignorant tool that they are) Typically these people may posses the intellect to know better, and may understand the other person's argument, but their necessity to be a tool overrides their obligation to other people and completely forbids them from having effective communication. So instead of admitting that I was right, or in this case just admitting that people might not have your perspective/opinion about this piece, or that that damn shirt/turtleneck that arnold has on IS NOT the same one from the movie, you instead choose to say stupid, idiotic comments like, "I'm not one to worry about statues being 100% movie accurate because, IMHO, I could care less and I have more important things to fill my time with", or "Feel free to lose sleep over what you tell people you have while I put mine on a shelf not caring what people on the internet think of it", or "You obviously take all of this way too seriously so I'm happy you "came to your senses" and didn't make the mistake of a lifetime, in buying such a travesty to humanity…", or "edit - as predicted it's nice to see your peanut gallery cheering you on ", and lastly, "So easy to wind you up, even when I'm not trying." Bottom line, you're a tool, instead of admitting the right thing, you say stupid **** and then try to act like you're so cool and that this is all above you. You aren't fooling anyone, you're as obvious as it is to notice that the T2 PF's shirt is awful/incorrect.

Back