Statue Sideshow Terminator 2 Battle Damaged T-800 PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only thing I could say is I'm not particularly excited about the exclusive. The thumbs up sinking into a mini pool of molten steel. I wouldn't display that beside the figure for obvious reasons. However, passing on an ex means I can get a regular through my private dealer and save myself a bunch of money which is a good thing.

Re: New Terminator 2 T800 Statue?

So what is it about figures that you statue snobs don't like? I just don't get it. If it's visible joints, fair enough, I don't like figures with visible joints too, but any figure where the joints are covered by clothing look fine to me. Looking at Enterbay's T800, if it wasn't for the stupid ball joint on the head, it would look the same as a statue, except with a much better paint job.

I don't like clothing... one of the reason I hate PFs. I only own the 2 terminator ones. I don't want to have to steam or iron my statues or worry about the fake leather sticking to the statue.
I bought a few older ones before and the clothes were so wrinkly and they never looked right. I think they sat in the box for too long.

I especially don't like Doll stands.
But they seem to be a must because I don't like when I my figure falls over.
The 1/4 figure that I had on display was the loudest sound I ever heard from the collection room when it fell.

I don't like posing them for display either lol. too much work heheh.

I actually switched to collecting dolls from statues once but I ended up selling the dolls and buying the statues back lol.

If I'm going to buy a fig it will be a NECA for under $20 bucks and that's enough to play and pose with for me...
I even kinda like the figures that are sculpted into cool poses rather than have lots of articulation

I'm not even worried that the figure might look a tad better in the face if I am not paying a ton the statue and the prices are similar.

Michael Crawford's pics are great looking, thanks for posting them Intruder! :duff
Puh-lease. My pleasure :)
:duff ANOTHER!!

I'm not a statue collector, so I'm never 'round these parts, but I saw this on Michael Crawford's page. I think this has an excellent head sculpt.
Most certain that it's done by Trevor.

Only thing I could say is I'm not particularly excited about the exclusive. The thumbs up sinking into a mini pool of molten steel. I wouldn't display that beside the figure for obvious reasons. However, passing on an ex means I can get a regular through my private dealer and save myself a bunch of money which is a good thing.

I agree, I hate ex's like that. They could have made a switch out arm holding the metal rod that t-1000 put in him. Or another switch out arm holding the 45 to go along with the ripped out arm. What am i suppose to do with a severed thumbs up. Its dumb. I hope his eye at least lights up. I have the t-1 ex and the only neg is that the eye isnt light up. Thats a must have piece btw for anyone who doesnt own it.

Re: New Terminator 2 T800 Statue?

well...it's the prototype...we all know sideshow's prototypes look cool. the mass product won't...
Prototype painted by professional artist, Mass produced done by chinese factory worker. :gah:

This pose says,

"Chill out, T-1000 dickwad, or I'll shove this boom stick up your poly mimetic ***!"

SDCC_2013_Sideshow_Collectibles_Thursday-012.jpg

Back