Sideshow Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tumblr_lma39eLPNR1qauweoo1_500.gif

I'm kind of curious...very low EX statues free shipping costs double points on the reg versions...did Sideshow really think these wouldn't sell and just low balled all the numbers with extras to encourage the sales?

Sideshow is doing this to compete. They have been put in this position by other statue producers. If left to their own devices and without recent competition we would see the usual TBD ES strategy.

Things like this and right off the bat free shipping for Killer Croc, Kylo Ren, etc. doesn't just happen. Yes, it's cool when it happens, but it's not because they want to but because they have to.

As long as Sideshow fully refunds any NRD on these Turtles if you can't get a complete set, it's fine.

I've never had them keep an NRD on me. I'm sure it's because they know they really have no standing to keep NRDs. I think people just let them go or give up with the first resistance too easily.

Sideshow doesn't guarantee u the EX set, you buy them individually. They might refund u the NRD out of courtesy but they have the full right to say no.

They don't, but the argument here is about Sideshow's bad business decisions, isn't it? That's why I stated that as long as they do NRD refunds, I think it's hard to complain. That was my point, and nothing else.

However, as an aside, They actually don't have the right to say no in a technical sense. Legally, they don't have a leg to stand on, and a credit card company will always side with the customer. No one ever has to let them keep their NRD. They could cancel your account out of spite for doing it, but you could always get it back. I'm sure they know this, and thus why I've never had an issue. It's like businesses that try to tell you you have to spend a certain amount in order to use a credit card. It's just not allowed.

by "bad business" u mean the invite thing? this supposed to give u a fair chance in securing the EX set, yes the glitch allowed non-invited people to order as well, but if u really wanted the ex u had about 8 hours to place your order.

Again, I'm not arguing it was bad business. I'm saying that is the argument. I was simply offering that if they offered the NRDs back to people who felt they were treated poorly because of it, I didn't think people could complain.

Back