Sideshow Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a 20% reduction in a 1/4th scale piece to a 1/5th scale.

For example: A 1/4th scale, 25-inch piece would be 20 inches in 1/5th scale.

It's a difference, but not that big of one, IMO. Ultimately, the size is going to be depend on what size the subject matter is (ie. 6-feet tall turtles, 8-feet tall, etc.) Judging by Sideshow's previous 1:5th scale pieces, we're probably looking at a 16 - 18 inch tall piece, fully standing. There's just too many factors though, especially with Leo crouching.

Bottom line: It's going to be a good size, especially when you get all four together. They'll make for a heck of a display.

Last edited:
If you scroll back to page 11 and 12, you can see a photo of Leo next to Susan and the video I screen grabbed it from. Should give you an idea of his size.

1/5 scale is actually growing on me. I think it's the perfect size between 1/6 which is a bit small and 1/4 which can be a bit big, especially when you have a small room. The level of details is just as good as on larger pieces, or even better when the 1/4 are mixed media and the 1/5 fully sculpted.

I have the Mythos Vader and will be getting He-Man and Skeletor. I'm planning on buying the Turtles (if fairly priced) and the rest of the MOTU line if any.

I wish there was more 1/5 scale statues out there.

Really looking forward to these. Hoping for $250 each rounding the set out to an even $1000. With popular properties companies sometimes will adjust the prices down a bit knowing that they will sell a large quantity rather than trying to maximize profit from each piece. They can be fairly certain a large enough quantity will sell at a lower price and benefit even more from appealing to a larger audience's wallet. My hope at least...but could be wishful thinking as I fondly remember the average cost of a PF statue being $250 six or seven years ago.

Really looking forward to these. Hoping for $250 each rounding the set out to an even $1000. With popular properties companies sometimes will adjust the prices down a bit knowing that they will sell a large quantity rather than trying to maximize profit from each piece. They can be fairly certain a large enough quantity will sell at a lower price and benefit even more from appealing to a larger audience's wallet. My hope at least...but could be wishful thinking as I fondly remember the average cost of a PF statue being $250 six or seven years ago.

Yes, it is wishful thinking. I would prepare for at least $400 per statue and maybe even close to $475.

With popular properties companies sometimes will adjust the prices down a bit knowing that they will sell a large quantity rather than trying to maximize profit from each piece.

You are right that this is wishful thinking. Sideshow does not lower the price just because the property may be popular enough to sell more. They just make more of them and ship them in batches over several years. Then by the time they come out they look like a bargain because prices have gone up 10-15% since they announced the preorder.

tmnt-leonardo-statue-2004661-01.jpg
tmnt-leonardo-statue-2004661-02.jpg
tmnt-leonardo-statue-2004661-03.jpg

tmnt-leonardo-statue-200466-01.jpg
tmnt-leonardo-statue-200466-02.jpg
tmnt-leonardo-statue-200466-03.jpg
tmnt-leonardo-statue-200466-04.jpg
tmnt-leonardo-statue-200466-05.jpg
tmnt-leonardo-statue-200466-06.jpg
tmnt-leonardo-statue-200466-07.jpg
tmnt-leonardo-statue-200466-08.jpg
tmnt-leonardo-statue-200466-09.jpg
tmnt-leonardo-statue-200466-10.jpg
tmnt-leonardo-statue-200466-11.jpg
tmnt-leonardo-statue-200466-12.jpg
tmnt-leonardo-statue-200466-13.jpg
tmnt-leonardo-statue-200466-14.jpg
tmnt-leonardo-statue-200466-15.jpg
tmnt-leonardo-statue-200466-16.jpg
tmnt-leonardo-statue-200466-17.jpg

Even better!

I do hope they keep them all the same price in the future. I could see them charging the most for Donnie though..

I am glad to see I was wrong about the price. The seams bother me, and there is more than just one and man are they prominent. The red portrait looks great. Thinking hard about this one.

turtles have seams and gaps everywhere anyway. Its not gonna make me loose sleep. Great price and killer ES. And fantastic detail in them.

Back