Sideshow Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Playmates statues are excellent, and I'm glad I bought them direct when they came out. They were $100 each, and at that time that seemed like a huge expenditure. Crap, now I drop like $800 a statue, and the Prime Henson set is like $2200!

The Playmates statues are excellent, and I'm glad I bought them direct when they came out. They were $100 each, and at that time that seemed like a huge expenditure. Crap, now I drop like $800 a statue, and the Prime Henson set is like $2200!

Wow!! Gotta appreciate being able to secure a set from the beginning, and seeing it rise in value like that. The guy I bought these from had this set for about 10 or so years. If I were him, I wouldn't have let these ever go. lmao! What was the edition sizes on all of them 2222? Just goes to show that over time, edition size doesn't matter when it comes to rarity.

I added in my TMNT #1 first printing to the mix. Once I get the other two sets, its gonna look like a turtle shrine. lol! I was contemplating on getting an original, working TMNT arcade cabinet to go along with the collection eventually. Some of the best memories to being a long time turtle fan!

The edition sizes are smaller than that. I think they're limited to 450 or 425, same as the sideshow pieces.

I have a working arcade cabinet, too, that I picked up in 1999 for $400.

The edition sizes are smaller than that. I think they're limited to 450 or 425, same as the sideshow pieces.

I have a working arcade cabinet, too, that I picked up in 1999 for $400.

Lets see your turtle set up! :)

Are you sure? I don't think that's correct. I recall the playmates ones having large edition sizes. All COA's say 2222 on them, as far as I can remember looking at them last week. Im having a difficult time finding product description or reviews. Theyre just as scarce as the set. Strange. lol!

i'm honestly surprised none of these have gone to waitlist! figured they would at some point prior to release...

i'm honestly surprised none of these have gone to waitlist! figured they would at some point prior to release...

It may take a bit, but once the first ones start shipping and pictures get out, I think people will realize the uniqueness of this set. I'm really hoping SS can pull off the paint because, IMHO, I believe these have great potential. I, for one, can't wait to get mine!

The EX or the reg?

It may take a bit, but once the first ones start shipping and pictures get out, I think people will realize the uniqueness of this set. I'm really hoping SS can pull off the paint because, IMHO, I believe these have great potential. I, for one, can't wait to get mine!

the regular

the price w/ the free shipping and the bonus points they were offering made these a fairly good price IMO.

i too think the look and style they did is pretty dam slick! and the protos look amazing w/ the detail. if they match it on the production, i don't see them being around long.

Back