Sideshow T2 1/6 Scale. Over?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The attention to detail just wasn't there in the 1/6th line. If it was Star Wars, those details would not have been missed. Plus the fact it took the figures almost a year to come out after preorder (giving buyers more time to cancel their orders) didn't help.

T1000 - clothes too baggy, incorrect left hand holster and no left "gun" hand.

T800 - Baggy cheap feeling "leathers", horrible no detail and ill fitting sunglasses is a HUGE letdown. Plus the Big Boy body blows.

Sarah - Great figure. No watch was a letdown, but no deal breaker.

Box art was very meh!

The attention to detail just wasn't there in the 1/6th line. If it was Star Wars, those details would not have been missed. Plus the fact it took the figures almost a year to come out after preorder (giving buyers more time to cancel their orders) didn't help.

T800 - Baggy cheap feeling "leathers", horrible no detail and ill fitting sunglasses is a HUGE letdown. Plus the Big Boy body blows.

Box art was very meh!

You're right about everything you've mentioned on the T2 figures but its Sideshow, what should we expect. These figures cost $40-$45 each whereas a Hot Toys Terminator costs $100-$120 each.

IMO a $40 fig shouldn't get you a more "Hot Toys"ish figure. A $40 figure from what i've seen isn't all that great. You get what you pay for.

IMO a $40 fig shouldn't get you a more "Hot Toys"ish figure. A $40 figure from what i've seen isn't all that great. You get what you pay for.

Which is true... but at the same time some of their other figures are mind-blowing in their detail and quality like the Invisible Man or Nazi Kroenen.

You're right about everything you've mentioned on the T2 figures but its Sideshow, what should we expect. These figures cost $40-$45 each whereas a Hot Toys Terminator costs $100-$120 each.

That still doesn't matter about the details. They have had other figures the same price and got the details right on them. I would pay a extra 5 bucks for correct left gun hand, the watch, sunglasses instead of half assed ones. They sure have the detailed lightsaber handles right on Star Wars figures, so why not a simple pair of sunglasses?

Hell, the T1000 outfit and accessories are nothing but a exact copy of BBI's LAPD outfit and in cheap quality as well.

If they need to raise the price, I'm all for it. But they need to commit to the line and see it through and give each figure 100%

Looks at Hot Toys Alien line, they've made just about every Marine, Ripley, several Aliens and that FRIGGIN POWERLOADER!!!! HT commits to a line and see's it through. Look at the great Rocky lineup, all that is missing is Mickey. Rambo, several versions, we've got them except Teasle. Hell, they are making Jor-El who prolly won't sell that many, but they are making him.

Do you think any of those characters are in more of a demand than a T2 Arnold Terminator?? Or the only 12" Sarah Connor that will prolly be made?

They give up on lines way before their time.

That still doesn't matter about the details. They have had other figures the same price and got the details right on them. I would pay a extra 5 bucks for correct left gun hand, the watch, sunglasses instead of half assed ones. They sure have the detailed lightsaber handles right on Star Wars figures, so why not a simple pair of sunglasses?

Hell, the T1000 outfit and accessories are nothing but a exact copy of BBI's LAPD outfit and in cheap quality as well.

If they need to raise the price, I'm all for it. But they need to commit to the line and see it through and give each figure 100%

Looks at Hot Toys Alien line, they've made just about every Marine, Ripley, several Aliens and that FRIGGIN POWERLOADER!!!! HT commits to a line and see's it through. Look at the great Rocky lineup, all that is missing is Mickey. Rambo, several versions, we've got them except Teasle. Hell, they are making Jor-El who prolly won't sell that many, but they are making him.

Do you think any of those characters are in more of a demand than a T2 Arnold Terminator?? Or the only 12" Sarah Connor that will prolly be made?

They give up on lines way before their time.

Do you think HT will follow throught with their Terminator line? I would really like to see a Kyle sent through time, and sarah connor pre-psycho. Hell they tend to do remakes of their own figures, like superman and robocop, maybe will get another version of their T1 aronold.
Here's hoping.

Do you think HT will follow throught with their Terminator line? I would really like to see a Kyle sent through time, and sarah connor pre-psycho. Hell they tend to do remakes of their own figures, like superman and robocop, maybe will get another version of their T1 aronold.
Here's hoping.

I have to admit (even though I think i'm HT's biggest fan) they can also be cheap asses too. I mean the price tag for the T1 BD is around $120 and it looks NOTHING like Arnie, nothing!

You hope they continue the line with Reese and another Arnie? I sure hope so too but if its another comic like sculpt then forget it! It sucks that you have to pay $120 for the figure and then arrange to get a custom head done.

Sideshow does cut corners, I agree with that, they have cut corners with the T2 line, foresure, but at least you're only out $40 and not $120 with a sculpt that doesn't look right.

I see pro's and con's in both Sideshow and Hot Toys.

I have to admit (even though I think i'm HT's biggest fan) they can also be cheap asses too. I mean the price tag for the T1 BD is around $120 and it looks NOTHING like Arnie, nothing!

You hope they continue the line with Reese and another Arnie? I sure hope so too but if its another comic like sculpt then forget it! It sucks that you have to pay $120 for the figure and then arrange to get a custom head done.

Sideshow does cut corners, I agree with that, they have cut corners with the T2 line, foresure, but at least you're only out $40 and not $120 with a sculpt that doesn't look right.

I see pro's and con's in both Sideshow and Hot Toys.

Well just like the HT superman was updated with a new sculpt and outfit, i hope they do the same with their Terminator license. I do agree their Arnie sculpt was bad, but lets hope they follow in their own foot steps. It's the only reason I've held out on both the terminator and kyle figs.

While we're on the topic of different versions of T2 figs, does anyone know where I can find the gatling gun/mini gun, whatever it is called, a bandoiler, and a grey tshirt. I searched a whole bunch of different websites and ebay and all i mangaged to find was the grenade launcher. For now my arnold is wearing Spike gloves and is using the gun that came with the HT Endo.

Btw, Sideshow has the exclusive T-1000 again, for those that missed it.

The best source for the Mini Gun would be Hot Toy's T-800. It's similar to the Endo Mini, it just has the correct barrel and is gun metal gray. But there have been a few made by other manufactures. The better of them is the Ultimate Soldier mini gun, you'll want to hunt down this particular one:
https://www.pistolpetechecklist.com/villainminigun.html
Here's one on Ebay right now:
https://cgi.ebay.com/Ultimate-Soldi...oryZ2469QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
It might be a little on the small side, and you'll also need to find that ammunition bag that came with the HT T-800. A more accurate version would be to take the carrying harness from the one above and switch out the main gun body with this longer one:
https://www.pistolpetechecklist.com/villainminigun2.html
I own both and it's easy to switch the two around.
The next one on the totem pole would be the one made by InToyz.
I can't find one listed as instock, but you can keep searching Ebay for one. This is what it looks like:
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=ITZ10011&mode=retail
For the bandoleer, the only option is to make your own, since no manufacture has ever made one in 1:6 scale.

Box art was very meh!

I was OK with the leather for the T-800 for a long time because it was my first figure with any leather in that ammount other than a belt or something, but then I got SSC's Angel from the ANGEL line with leather pants and jacket, both of which have more material to them and feel a lot better than the T-800's wardrobe. I wouldn't compare one company to another in this matter, but I will within the same company and I don't know why they went with the T-800 material instead of using the same as Angel, but that was a sad move, would have been much better with material that had more mass to it.

The best source for the Mini Gun would be Hot Toy's T-800. It's similar to the Endo Mini, it just has the correct barrel and is gun metal gray. But there have been a few made by other manufactures. The better of them is the Ultimate Soldier mini gun, you'll want to hunt down this particular one:
https://www.pistolpetechecklist.com/villainminigun.html
Here's one on Ebay right now:
https://cgi.ebay.com/Ultimate-Soldi...oryZ2469QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
It might be a little on the small side, and you'll also need to find that ammunition bag that came with the HT T-800. A more accurate version would be to take the carrying harness from the one above and switch out the main gun body with this longer one:
https://www.pistolpetechecklist.com/villainminigun2.html
I own both and it's easy to switch the two around.
The next one on the totem pole would be the one made by InToyz.
I can't find one listed as instock, but you can keep searching Ebay for one. This is what it looks like:
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=ITZ10011&mode=retail
For the bandoleer, the only option is to make your own, since no manufacture has ever made one in 1:6 scale.

Thanks for the info. I missed the ebay gun. I'll keep my eyes open. That sucks about the bandoiler. Again, thanks for the info.

Back