Statue Sideshow - T-Rex: Tyrant King Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since Rex has no bloody mouth, this suggests a discovery of a relatively fresh kill by another predator. Dio should have had a smaller predator dinosaur over kill, with Rex in the process of claiming it's kill. Would have made more sense, & would have been way cooler.

I passed on the ex because I plan to display the Rex with the trike. How about you guys? Would you just set aside the carcass on e the trike arrives?

I'm not going to since I don't have a wide enough display to put them together properly. I could easily make it happen but who knows, I love how the Rex looks with his EX and I don't have the Trike in hand yet.

Little off topic but does anyone here have the spinosaurus statue ?.. or at least know where to find some good pictures of someones ? I'm not talking about the prototype, but the actual piece that's being shipped out. I've only seen like one picture of it displayed and It didn't look as good as I thought it would. The colors looked way off. I just don't want to waste my time with it if its not even half as good as the prototype. So if anyone knows where to find good pictures of the actual thing, I would appreciate it.

Maniac_In_BlackⓋ;8016420 said:
Little off topic but does anyone here have the spinosaurus statue ?.. or at least know where to find some good pictures of someones ? I'm not talking about the prototype, but the actual piece that's being shipped out. I've only seen like one picture of it displayed and It didn't look as good as I thought it would. The colors looked way off. I just don't want to waste my time with it if its not even half as good as the prototype. So if anyone knows where to find good pictures of the actual thing, I would appreciate it.

I have the original Spinosaurus, and also seen the repaints which belongs to a couple of friends of mine, and although I prefer the color scheme of the repainted one, the production pieces does look considerably worse than the prototype.

The funny thing is the production pieces of the original one looks pretty spot on, probably because of the relatively simple color scheme.

I have the original Spinosaurus, and also seen the repaints which belongs to a couple of friends of mine, and although I prefer the color scheme of the repainted one, the production pieces does look considerably worse than the prototype.

The funny thing is the production pieces of the original one looks pretty spot on, probably because of the relatively simple color scheme.

Yeah that makes sense. Since you've seen the statue more, what are its biggest flaws ? .. it looked like to me that the under body of it was left completely unpainted, it looked pure white in the picture I saw.. as to where the prototype has some tan color on its underside. From the picture I saw it also looked like the paint colors were off by a lot. The prototype has dark brown and almost like a very dark red in It by its spine, the production piece that I saw looked to have a lot more lighter colors in it.. like a greenish color. It was like camouflage colors. If all the pieces have that same camouflage paint then I'll just forget about it. You think you could get your friend to take some pictures of it so I can get a better look ?

I think that the biggest flaw is the patterning of the black stripes/spots which looks pretty unnatural (and the border between patterned and unpatterned regions are too sharp).

You could check out some pics in here although the image quality isn't so good :(
Paleontologist in Naver : ³×À̹ö °ø·æ ¡¤ °í»ý¹° Ä«Æä : ³×À̹ö Ä«Æä

Thanks a lot. That one definitely looks better than the one I saw before. Is your friend happy with the way it turned out ?

I have the repainted spino and it´s true, the paintjob is pretty poor. I had to add a washing to get a more realistic look on my statue, now i like it.
It looked like only airbrushed with no other painting technique, completely flat. But have no picture before i have done it, sorry, but could add some of the spino how it looks now.

I have the repainted spino and it´s true, the paintjob is pretty poor. I had to add a washing to get a more realistic look on my statue, now i like it.
It looked like only airbrushed with no other painting technique, completely flat. But have no picture before i have done it, sorry, but could add some of the spino how it looks now.

If you can do that yeah, that would be good.. Thanks. What do you mean by a washing though ?

Probably referring to a paint wash whereby you thin paint to a watery consistency and brush it on the figure. The thinness of the paint will allow it to flow into all the cracks and crevices giving more depth to the figure.

Will try to make some pics on thuesday with better light conditions, sorry for the delay.

Will try to make some pics on thuesday with better light conditions, sorry for the delay.

Okay thanks.

Probably referring to a paint wash whereby you thin paint to a watery consistency and brush it on the figure. The thinness of the paint will allow it to flow into all the cracks and crevices giving more depth to the figure.

Oh okay, that makes sense. Thanks.

Back