Statue Sideshow - T-Rex: Tyrant King Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you dear friends that you like my cabinet with dinosaurs. I do not work at Sideshow Collectibles :))) LOL. I love enormously this line. Some statuettes of this line are truly works of art. Jorge Blanco is my favorite artist look closely at the skin texture, and shape fingers on T-rex's legs. Does what birds like today? I say it makes me think to Emu bird:) . I appreciate the style of Jorge Blanco to give life to these prehistoric animals in a way totally unique in the world!!!

PS: chisoxfan2424 you're funny: . I'm glad you appreciate my passion, otherwise it is common to us all.

This was my first dinosaurian stat and I totally loved it! One of my favorite sideshow pieces and it didn't hurt that this came out just when Jurassic World just showed. Sort of like a nostalgia piece coz it reminded me of how much I wanted the Rex toy back when JP showed in 93.

My rex statue is number 159, and I got mine pretty quickly. I read here that others have received theirs recently, but with higher numbers, which makes me wonder if the distribution by SS is random, or by stock in hand. Regardless, super happy with this one and looking forward to pairing this with the Triceratops EX for an awesome tableau. Looking up at the rex, I really appreciate the pose of the forearms, a really cool piece.

As some of you may remember, I got a replacement EX a little while ago & as such had to smash my old one.

Destroyed T-rex.jpg

Well, my son found the old bits & wanted me to fix it for him. Tada! :clap

Trex fixed.jpg
Trex fixed 2.jpg
Trex fixed 3.jpg

While not perfect, it resembles a T-rex at least. He'll be happy. :wink1: If I have time, I might bog up the missing holes & chips & paint those parts.

As some of you may remember, I got a replacement EX a little while ago & as such had to smash my old one.

View attachment 194369

Well, my son found the old bits & wanted me to fix it for him. Tada! :clap

View attachment 194370
View attachment 194371
View attachment 194372

While not perfect, it resembles a T-rex at least. He'll be happy. :wink1: If I have time, I might bog up the missing holes & chips & paint those parts.

So good to see someone actually did this. If I ever have to smash one I'm going to make sure I do it so carefully that I could try and reconstruct it just like that. Make sure you post pics if you ever get around to finishing it up

So good to see someone actually did this. If I ever have to smash one I'm going to make sure I do it so carefully that I could try and reconstruct it just like that. Make sure you post pics if you ever get around to finishing it up
Thanks, there were a lot of chips left over, impossible to find where they belong. My other son managed to break the head off the corpse dino already. :thud:
That's exactly what you're NOT supposed to do :| Stuff like that ruin replacements for everyone :(
It's not like it's a sellable product and any normal person can clearly see it had been smashed. It's a different story to a six year old.

With all the disasters that happened during these months...I think this Tyrant-King must has been cursed by an evil. An evil of greedy(or dead). :devil

Finally got this sculpt in house, & as others, have mixed feelings. Here is my take.

Overall size is good. The head sculpt is really good with plenty of fine details.

The body sculpt is not nearly as good as the head, as it lacks tension, details, & is just so "LIGHTLY" sculpted that it does not befit this old, grisly, battered, mature rex. Body should have had way more wrinkles, creases, scars, hint of rib cage, tendon & muscle tension, & scutes, spikes & nodules, & yes, a slightly longer tail. The angle of the pose has the rex head bowed too low, as the best display option would have to be higher up (not good for those who also have the ex to display).

The paint apps are passable but not great. Inner nostrils & ear openings are same grey tone as outer snout (?) Claws are way too simplified color wise. some slight areas where paint apps have been missed. And who knew that the eye color chosen is a gold hue(?), piercing, but is it realistic?

I will probably keep the statue, but am still disappointed that they didn't go the extra mile, as SS could have made this a true masterpiece, but sadly fell short.

P.S. If there are pics disputing my rex's short comings (paint apps), please feel free to post pics showing proper & better versions.

Just noticed that the black "lava" base part is not uniformly black, but rather the deeper crevices have been left unpainted(?), with the grey primer showing throughout(?) Is it supposed to be that way? And what color are the inner nostrils & inner ear openings supposed to be? I'm asking because it seems that these areas have color applied in SS stock photos, but lack color in mine, is this normal? Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Don't know if I'm just too much of a fan to notice, but I loved how this statue came out. I guess maybe coz I haven't seen a real Rex and this is just how I'd imagine him to be. Anyways, here's my pics.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

entrari, don't get me wrong, I also love the statue, but since I own 6 versions of REX, (3 model kits, & now 3 painted statues), I naturally compare the pros & cons as compared to each other.

I appreciate your posted pics, I have also reviewed practically all posted pics regarding this REX, & yet it is still hard to tell if certain aspects/parts of sculpt were meant to be painted or not? Again, these are the parts I am not certain about, & I don't want to send my REX back to my supplier, but if my paint apps are not up to par, then time is of essence if I'm to possibly get a replacement.

1. Are inner nostrils & inner ear openings painted a brownish/pinkish hue, or are they the same color as surrounding skin?

2. Is black "lava" base section uniformly painted black, or are deeper crevices throughout left unpainted, with the grey primer color showing?

3. How are claws for both hands & feet painted, or not?

Again, very hard to tell from all the pics & the few videos I've reviewed, as it seems that it varies greatly. This is still a keeper, but if I have to get it exchanged, the sooner the better, so any visual inspections & feedback from owners of this statue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks once again.

I honestly have no idea divo. I have the old SS JP Rex dio and it looks similar enough to it. So for me it's a keeper. That was all I hoped for. Also if they start putting feathers on the Rex you'd be glad you kept this one.

Back