Statue Sideshow - T-Rex: Tyrant King Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No *****.. I thought I have the perfect one. I could accept the faded paint on the black side part of the base. No big deal. But after I saw the pics above... Damn t-rex does come with complete teeth? Mine has one missing teeth. I thought it was meant to be like that.. I am screwed..

PS: Timo, I regret deeply that you give up this line :( Honestly, the person responsible, to check the quality of this statues from the line, he would need to pay compensation to all clients and lose the job immediately!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Yves,

the quality problems at sideshow are the main reason for my decision, the other thing is that the price for my pre order at toy-palace.com was going from 389 to 439 € and in my opinion that´s to much money for a statue like the tyrant king. Also the better painted statues are not as good as they should be and i don´t wanna support sideshow anymore.

Now thinking about selling my spinosaurus again, because first i wanted to display both models together, but a single statue makes no sense for me. :(

Dear -me-,

Thank you very much for your patience while we investigated your inquiry. Unfortunately, we found we do not have any replacements for your Exclusive T-Rex. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

As we do not have an available replacement for you, please review the options below to see how we will be able to best assist you in this matter.

If you would like to keep your statue as is, we can offer you a $50.00 Sideshow Collectibles credit that can be used on a future purchase or existing preorder. If you would like to place a new order with this credit, contact us with the item number and we will book a new order for you.

Please know, if you accept the above option, your case will be closed. If this option is not satisfactory, we can try and examine other options for you.

Please confirm how you would like to proceed by 6/26/15, else the above options will expire. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me and I shall do my best to assist you.

Best Regards,
Daniel Campisi
Returns Representative

Wow Sideshow, don't give me this ********. The regular rex statue and exclusive one are exactly the same, why can't you use one from the regular batch as a replacement? It's even still available on the SS website too. Come on, try harder...

I wouldn't bother pushing them further. Believe me, I tried. And they only offered me $40, not $50. They won't swap bodies because each body is made for each base, and swapping a regular for an exclusive would throw off the edition sizes. That's what they told me anyway.

I wouldn't bother pushing them further. Believe me, I tried. And they only offered me $40, not $50. They won't swap bodies because each body is made for each base, and swapping a regular for an exclusive would throw off the edition sizes. That's what they told me anyway.

True enough. Just got this reply from them. What now then?

Dear -me-,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, we cannot replace the body only for this T-rex as there is a great chance the new item will not fit on your exclusive base. Every piece we create is hand-made, and as such, there are minor variations on all pieces that can make them non-interchangeable between bodies and bases. I’m very sorry for this inconvenience.

Please know, I am able to increase the previous credit offer to $55.00 Sideshow Collectibles credit that can be used on a future purchase or existing preorder. However, this will be the maximum amount of credit I will be able to offer in this case.

If this option is not satisfactory, the remaining option will be to return the statue for a full refund.

Please confirm how you would like to proceed. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Best Regards,
Daniel Campisi
Returns Representative

Doesn't take a genius to figure this problem out, what happens if there's a problem with the base and not the statue, and vice versa? How're they gonna be able to fix that if changing the base means the main Rex wouldn't be able to stand on it? In my case it's the opposite, but really? It's great that they're individually made and everything, but couldn't anyone in their department foresee a returns problem here?

Also, having had issues with this one, what makes SS think I'd go back to use a $55 coupon only to potentially get another damaged statue? Good grief...

Well, they offered me $40 and never offered to increase it, so $55 is a little better. But I agree, it seems almost impossible that finding a replacement for something with such a large edition size is this difficult.

Well, they offered me $40 and never offered to increase it, so $55 is a little better. But I agree, it seems almost impossible that finding a replacement for something with such a large edition size is this difficult.

It seems like I'm left with 2 options:
1. Stick with what I've got and accept the $55 credit that I will most definitely not use since I've lost faith in SS with this piece
2. Destroy this piece and get a full refund from SS

Can't decide. Neither are ideal :(

Might be a silly question but what's the size?

What size are you referring to?

Also, the base I posted was the exclusive base, which did not have an ES on the back of it. Think the main base does though, sorry for the confusion.

And I've managed to negotiate with the Sideshow representative who was addressing my case, I will be destroying my current one and he would help me order a regular Rex (My current is exclusive) with the new one "marked for inspection"... I guess that beats having a broken tooth Rex? I really like the exclusive, but maybe I'll see what I can do about it once I receive an undamaged Rex...

Just work it so the 'regular' rex is destroyed. As long as the base is fine, you'd be able to swap a damaged rex statue from the exclusive with an undamaged regular rex and have the regular returned. At least that way you'd be able to keep your exclusive. I don't get why they don't see this as an option for those with damaged exclusives, especially if the EX piece itself is undamaged.

But the way the variants are coming out of this line, it might not be a bad idea to wait and see what possible variant they might make in a few months.

I am so disappointed with this line, I ordered the T-rex and the Trike. I received the T-rex saw how horrific the quality and the paint app was so I've returned it for a full refund, did not consider any cheap crap offer they made me. As a matter of fact I cancelled the Trike as well. Sideshow thank you for having me cancel this line, your quality has been going down since the original statutes. I will not consider to order from you anymore, that's how frustrated I'm with your stupid quality control. Hope most of you are happy with your orders or will get a better one when replaced. (Sideshow you Freaks, take notice)

I am so disappointed with this line, I ordered the T-rex and the Trike. I received the T-rex saw how horrific the quality and the paint app was so I've returned it for a full refund, did not consider any cheap crap offer they made me. As a matter of fact I cancelled the Trike as well. Sideshow thank you for having me cancel this line, your quality has been going down since the original statutes. I will not consider to order from you anymore, that's how frustrated I'm with your stupid quality control. Hope most of you are happy with your orders or will get a better one when replaced. (Sideshow you Freaks, take notice)

Sorry to hear about the bad news. At least you were able to return it for a full refund. I think you should send that exact message to Sideshow themselves though. So maybe they'll get the point & see the disappointment from their fans. I'll be crossing my fingers.. my final payment for the Tyrant is Monday. Kind of off topic but what do you guys think of the new Mosasaur Amber statue ?

Yeah as stated below, make sure you let SS know that this is the reason that you're dropping the line. Maybe one day you'll end up coming back if they fix these mistakes. I think we're going to need some help keeping this line together though since this whole thread seems to be nothing but issue after issue.

If you had the EX Trike on preorder I should thank you since I probably got yours when you cancelled.

As for the guy below, the Amber statue is pretty cool, I just personally don't see the need to get it (yet).

I think it's a big mess from Sideshow. They should focus on new projects of dinosaurs and primarily to solve problems at the factory in china. They have serious problems in quality / price. Now I no longer understand their marketing strategy. I do not want to see dinosaurs from 2009 repainted WTF ???? Already I feel like I give up with this line. I have the impression that somehow Sideshow wants to get rich quick from naive Why this line was up to launch these horrible repainted versions of dinosaurs?...one of the most exclusive lines from Sideshow!!!��. I repeat the question .... WTF is with you Sideshow???? You ran out of inspiration��? There are hundreds of species of dinosaurs .... you need advice?����������

Still deciding whether to pick up a regular of this. I have the original T-Rex maquette and it is a thing of beauty, even if a bit small (esp next to the oddly large Stego). It seems to be really hit and miss though :( too risky for the $$?

Back