Statue Sideshow - T-Rex: Tyrant King Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But if I'm not mistaken, I did heard that this line has a steady fan base and is making profit for SS, albeit slowly, from an SS executive.

That's what Sideshow Creative Director Tom Gilliland told me at San Diego Comic Con two years ago. I'm going again this year and plan to stop by to get another update.

Well, Sideshow has put me on ignore, I guess. I pressed them on the damage/poor policy, and they haven't responded. Last message I sent was on Thursday!

Great Job SS! I guess the QA department didn't think I would notice.
DSC02304.jpg
DSC02309.jpg

That's awful. Now let's see if their claim of not having replacements is true.

Ouch, is that a repair or did they just forget to paint it? :slap

Looks to be both. The toe probably broke off at some point and instead of trashing it, they decided to glued it back on. That of course could be ok,if they do a seamless job, but this one look sloppy, you can clearly see the crack in the bottom image. They forgot to repaint the area or just don't care. Definitely will demand a replacement. I really want this statue, but not sure if I have any more patients to deal with the quality issues.

That's awful. Now let's see if their claim of not having replacements is true.

Yah, what a pain, they gave me the same story with my Exclusive as well. Forgot to mention but this one above is a regular version, so hopefully they still have lots of replacement available.

I really want to pick up Allosaurus vs Camarasaurus but not sure anymore.

Dang, looks like I won't have the pleasure of destroying one :lol Shipping my back for a replacement. Only live one state away.
Best out of 3? hahah

My exclusive just shipped out from SS, really hoping nothing's wrong with it.

Does anyone know how the customs payment works if any replacement is needed? Would you have to pay for it again if SS had to send a replacement to your doorstep, or would it be covered by SS somehow?

My exclusive just shipped out from SS, really hoping nothing's wrong with it.

Does anyone know how the customs payment works if any replacement is needed? Would you have to pay for it again if SS had to send a replacement to your doorstep, or would it be covered by SS somehow?
Hoping yours is ok.

As for customs, depends on your country. We don't have to pay anything here in Australia if an item is under $1000 in value.

In my experience Sideshow just trot out the old "No more in stock" line when they just want you to put up with shoddy QC and a pitiful "here's a $40 credit" to make up for it.
Judging by the huge edition size for this piece it won't be long before the sold out Exclusive is up again at Spooktacular.

In my experience Sideshow just trot out the old "No more in stock" line when they just want you to put up with shoddy QC and a pitiful "here's a $40 credit" to make up for it.
Judging by the huge edition size for this piece it won't be long before the sold out Exclusive is up again at Spooktacular.

are you saying the ex will be up for grab again? How bout those already waitlisted?

I ordered the regular one due to no access to ex one and would like to get the ex. Hopefully my regular is perfect. I won't see him till the weekend.

Well, I'll find out in 3 days. Will take pics of defects if any. Fingers crossed.

SS insisting they have no more bases, bodies, art boxes, or EX corpses. My art box was pretty wrecked, my ex piece is chipped and scraped, and the base has a clearly visible chip. Said there are zero replacements for any of those things. Offering a $40 credit or a $30 refund.

Looking to wind down in this hobby anyway, but Sideshow is making it even easier for me.

So does anyone want my Rex?

Post a picture mutant, I want to see how bad this damage is...

Have to wait to get back to my comp to do so. Annoyed in large part because my original was fine minus the base. I actually asked to keep everything and swap bases instead, but they had me send everything back. The new Rex looks better, and the base doesn't have the same issues as the original (paint flaking off all over the place), but the art box is pretty bad and the corpse isn't beat up. Plus there's still a visible chip right by Rex's foot.

Why are there so many issued with this piece? This should be great dino and should be carefully inspected.

Why are there so many issued with this piece? This should be great dino and should be carefully inspected.
Only SS can answer that one.

Possibly different team making the T-rex (ie not as good) or maybe not stringent enough QC.

I have the earlier release Spinosaurus and it's perfect, didn't hear about any disasters with that statue. Granted the replacement T-rex I received is also fine. :)

I don't know about the state of the other Dinosauria statues as I only have two.

I was debating buying this as my first dinosauria piece but the qc issues are scary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I may be one of the very few people that has QC issues with the original Spinosaurus.

Paint app-wise, I have nothing to complain (it's not perfect, but it pretty much resembles the one in the stock photos).

However, the upper jaw is missing two teeth, and it obviously wasn't broken during shipment as the sockets with the broken teeth were painted over, and I have actually searched more than half an hour for the missing teeth.

The claw from the first digit of the right forelimb is awkwardly blunt.

And the most disturbing feature is the lower jaw having an unnatural droop.

You can see what I am talking about from the pic below.

xndCJ8C.jpg

Unfortunately, since I was kinda late with purchasing the original Spinosaurus, it was already sold out when I received it and wasn't able to request a replacement.

So I am currently stuck with this one.

Mine just came in yesterday, and sad to say, I'm gonna have to add my name to the list of QC issues with SS...

IMG-20150612-WA0019
Broken tooth, which SS QC department conveniently glossed over (I think, these were pics taken by my sis as I'm not home yet)

IMG-20150612-WA0015
Looks like SS didn't paint out the rest of the brown. It might look as bad as an isolated mistake, but combine it with the rest of the statue...

IMG-20150612-WA0014
and hello, white splotch t-rex :gah:

Also, less of an issue, but my base doesn't have an ES number. Every SS piece I've gotten had one, so I don't understand why this one doesn't. Ironic that this is the only SS piece I own that's procured directly from the SS website.
IMG-20150612-WA0006

I don't even know what to feel about this one anymore...

Back