Statue Sideshow - T-Rex: Tyrant King Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Off subject and sorry but I have this bust I'll be working on soon it will measure about 3 foot high the concept neck is to short of course but I have plans for a bunch of busts for jurassic park
image.jpg

when you look at transformers grimlock, its basically a Trex in metal form, but, look at it's size, why couldn't SS have made this Trex that size ?

when you look at transformers grimlock, its basically a Trex in metal form, but, look at it's size, why couldn't SS have made this Trex that size ?

That is not a SS piece, plus it is $1700! No thanks. Hopefully a JP dino would be larger than the SS piece, but they never seem to care what the fan wants so...

Was a really big let down when they dropped the JP line the one company I wanted to do it and produce some good peices and they kill it off , as for the grim lock it's total bad ass but not for that price screw that

$1700 for that size of grimlock is not a pretty deal...it's an 'of course' size. You can buy 4 T-rex at this price!! Do you think a grimlock can be longer and bigger than 4 Rexes? Actually Sideshow's guests is world wide...they need to consider that not every buyer can have plenty space...so they made 'average' suitable size to go with most family. The size is not that big but you can't say it small. I think sculpt and painting are the value of a statue...and these two factors are truly the 'room for improvement' of Sideshow.

When I was a kid, I was very fond of Dinosaur especially T-Rex and Triceratops. Now I mostly collect comic related characters but when I saw this, I need it in my collection. The sculpt, size and cost is just ideal for me. Hope the paint on this one is ok, so far I have not read of any paint complaints on SS Dinosaur line.

When I was a kid, I was very fond of Dinosaur especially T-Rex and Triceratops. Now I mostly collect comic related characters but when I saw this, I need it in my collection. The sculpt, size and cost is just ideal for me. Hope the paint on this one is ok, so far I have not read of any paint complaints on SS Dinosaur line.

Not to be a downer but you haven't read back far enough..lol There are issues with the paint apps of the latter pieces after the Deinosuchus I think for the most part..and each piece was different..some had issues some didn't didn't depends on who paint them at the factory I suppose. The complicated patterns on the re-issues have me a bit concerned..I guess we'll see.

Anyone know how long the Rex EX has been wait listed? Checked a few weeks ago and he was still available, so it must have been recently.

I went on the wait list last weekend and it converted tonight. Figured it would happen.

if you go on the wait list and it converts, do you have the option to flex pay or it will deduct the whole amount at once.

It used to be that you pay all at once, though I noticed that there's now an option to request a payment plan.

This is my first Dinosaur statue from any company and it's my second statue ordered from SS.

I don't live in the States no more, if I were I would jump all over the EX for sure.

I am late to this line. When SS had this pre-ordered I was like getting second chance and pulled the trigger right away.

The original T-Rex might be better, but I think I couldn't go wrong with this one.

Can't wait to get him.

Is there a code I still can use for this? Tempted to order the exclusive. It does go for slightly cheaper in my local store but without the exclusive though. Kinda torn on which to get.

Back