Statue Sideshow - T-Rex: Tyrant King Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a code I still can use for this? Tempted to order the exclusive. It does go for slightly cheaper in my local store but without the exclusive though. Kinda torn on which to get.

Can't use a code for something on wait list.

Hey guys, first timer here and looking to get into this line. Unfortunately I cant afford to get all the statues I want at once, so I need to figure out what to get in order. I'm not going to risk going on the wait list for the exclusive version of this and missing out on the regular one along with the exclusive, so I'm just gonna go for the regular.

Aside from the t rex, I also want:
Carnotaurus
Stegosaurus
Triceratops
Mosasaur
Spinosaurus
Allosaurus vs. Camarasaurus

Of course I have a list of which ones I like more, but I feel like you guys could help me figure out which ones to get in order so that they don't sell out on me while I'm trying to get one of each. Say I do two every 3 months, what should I get along with the t rex?

You can order the reg and get on the wait list for the ex. If the wait list converts you can have them transfer whatever you paid for the reg to the ex order.

Hmm my local shop is offering this for $394 but it's the non-exclusive ver. On the other hand if I get the exclusive ver from SSC (assuming waitlist converts), it'll be 389.99 + shipping + 7% tax. What would you guys do if you were me, bite the bullet or just do without the exclusive?

The EX is nice on this one. I'd try to get it. I guess it depends on if you want that carcass or not. You can always sell the EX to recoup money as well.

I'd love to get it but I don't want to risk losing out on the regular one in hopes of getting the EX. I'm gonna see what I can do about getting on the waitlist while paying off the normal one

I'd love to get it but I don't want to risk losing out on the regular one in hopes of getting the EX. I'm gonna see what I can do about getting on the waitlist while paying off the normal one

I would go with the regular to secure mine first. I will hunt the down the carcass if the wait list never converts.

I'd jump on the waitlist as I think it'll convert for you. I don't see the regular selling out until after its released, so you will be able to get it if the waitlist doesn't come through.

I joined the wait list and converted about a week later. Join and you'll probably get an EX since it wasn't long ago that it wait listed.

The EX is nice on this one. I'd try to get it. I guess it depends on if you want that carcass or not. You can always sell the EX to recoup money as well.

Wouldn't make sense to sell the EX if I just wanted it as the regular, it'd be cheaper to get it from my local store that way.

In other words, is the EX worth probably the extra $90 difference? I'm not so sure. Decisions, decisions...

Thanks for the info guys, I jumped on the waitlist and I'll secure a deposit for the regular one tomorrow or the day after, along with the Allosaurus vs Camarasaurus and Mosasaur. This line is gonna kill my wallet but once you catch up on the ones that are already up it can't be that bad to keep it going.

And yeah, I asked SS and they said they can convert the money over to the EX if you end up on the list for it.

Yup, decided to jump on the waitlist too!

Question though, can international buyers pay via paypal? I only see the credit card option there. And I'd prefer to use paypal.

I asked sideshow about that, but you can´t pay with paypal - bad service in my opinion, but i think they don´t wanna pay the fees to a european company.

Got an email earlier that my waitlist has converted to a preorder. I don't know exactly how this is going to go down, especially since I'm desperately scraping funds together after just paying off the Iron Giant that popped up out of absolutely nowhere, so I'm in for a ride. Needless to say, my plans to start getting into this line just took a turn for the worst. (Or best? I can't really decide)

Bob, I think this has been pushed back to April, so you still have a couple of months. You can always decline the wait list conversion and jump back on in a week or two. If you converted that quickly, I assume you'll convert again.

Huh, Has it really been pushed back to April? Here's what I got in the email:

We have found the Dinosauria T-rex: The Tyrant King Dinosauria Statue for you! Your waitlist reservation for this item is due to become a live order on 2015/01/26 and should ship out to you shortly after that. However, if your item is in PreOrder status, as soon as we have more information on a processing/shipping date, we will be in touch with email with more information for you. This notice is typically sent out 14-21 days before the item is charged and shipped.

Does that mean THIS notice is the one that is 14-21 days before the item is charged, or the NEXT notice they'll give me will be?

That's just telling you once it's in stock they'll give you a heads up notice 14-21 days before charging you the balance owed.

Oh ok. That's kind of a relief for me giving all the figures I've been paying for this week alone. Typically delays make me so upset but I wasn't expecting him to come out until around March anyway.

That's strange.

The rex page stated that the piece would ship in april/may, now that notice is gone.

I have an order for the rex and trike and have yet to get any shipping info.

Back