Statue Sideshow - T-Rex: Tyrant King Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can't tell me you honestly thought they would go that large?

This one is larger. As someone who has the entire collection and limited room I think the sizes are perfect. But of course opinions are going to vary when it comes to this.
Original is 11.5" H x 8" W x 21.5" L
This is 12" H x 9" W x 30" L

I am not planning to purchase any other pieces from this line, so my perspective is different. I just think something labelled "tyrant king" should have blown my socks off...and although the sculpt looks great, the size remains a disappointment.

Just made my pre-order. Sideshow is gonna be collecting about $1100 from me between December and February.

I ordered it even though the size is a little small, wish they would go bigger, especially since it's named Tyrant king ! but the pose and overall look is very nice and I heave been waiting forever for a nice full sculpt T-rex, this is a little small but hopefully being 30 inches in length, maybe it will have some impact once displayed.

Very nice but no space for Dinos...

10e4lsn.png

Just pre-ordered the exclusive myself.

I think this is a neat idea for exclusive hope they do similar things in the future. It reminds me of the tyrannosaur scene in Phil Tippett's Prehistoric Beast. Now all we need is an in scale Monoclonius/Centrosaurus.

The size is bigger than the Stegosaurus in terms of length..12" tall will be okay. It's a pretty massive piece with that big thick tail.

Love this sculpt. For a 40 foot specimen, I'm calculating 1:16 scale. Bit weird, innit Chris?

I was going to get this, but now I'm debating on how it fits in with what I have, and have coming. It doesn't fit in at all. The only thing I could come up with was the T-rex is the original monster and maybe put it on top of everything displayed. It might also look better with the Spinosaurus on the other side, like they're fighting over the half eaten dinosaur. BTW, the Spinosaurus is bigger than the T-rex. I don't think they had much of a choice with the size of the T-rex because it had to be in proportion the other dinosaurs they're making.

You can't tell me you honestly thought they would go that large?

This one is larger. As someone who has the entire collection and limited room I think the sizes are perfect. But of course opinions are going to vary when it comes to this.
Original is 11.5" H x 8" W x 21.5" L
This is 12" H x 9" W x 30" L

Not significantly larger, just longer. :)

Don't get me wrong. I like it. I liked the original too. I just think for Dinosaur pieces they are too small. But I understand about space being a big issue for collectors. I have run into the same problem. No denying its a beautiful piece though.

Love this sculpt. For a 40 foot specimen, I'm calculating 1:16 scale. Bit weird, innit Chris?

if a true 1:16 yeah it would be odd. I'd go with 1:15 and just say it's a bit smaller individual. Or you could go the other way I guess. A lot of size estimates don't take into account the cartilage areas between the bones..enough of those add up to some differences.

Either way it's the largest Rex in SS lineup and it's more bulky and massive than previous ones..very well muscled.

I think when the same scaled Triceratops maquette comes out a lot of collectors are going to wish they had both of these to put together. ;)

Some members here wish it could be bigger than it is, some members have no problem with the size... It happens on every statue because every one has different limitation on budget, space, and expectations that originally grow in our minds. Since the size is defined to meet 'average' request from us, there must be satisfication and disappointment at the same time. My point is...in the future... Maybe it's possible for Sideshow to present different kinds of size for one statue...I mean, 'customize'...we can get small, medium, or large Rex depending on our need just like we buy coffee at Starbu*k. For this Tyrex, I think it's medium, I am ok with it! : )

Yeah im on the fence with this guy. I really like him and would love to get him but something is holding me back. Im not sure if Im just scared something else might come along and then im all tied up with this guy but I feel like I need to keep my options open. Im just scared im going to miss my oppurtunity to get this guy. It really is a nice piece.

My originals 10% coupon came through today, so I placed an order for this bad boy. $52 bucks for 6 months should be no problem to squeeze in. I love Flex pay. There would be no way I could drop nearly $400 at once on something, but breaking it up into much more manageable chunks makes all the difference. This will be my first Dinosauria piece outside the Christmas ornament. I've really wanted to get into this line from the start, but I'm just not much of a statue collector. But this piece I just couldn't resist. The T-Rex has always been my favorite dinosaur and this is just so well done. And the exclusive is a must have. That's a good $50 piece on its own at least, making the total value of the package much more reasonable I think.

And I may be in the minority, but with a 30" length, this thing is going to be a beast to place at the size it is! :google Sure having him taller would be nice, but unless you curve the tail around him like the Jurassic Park piece, that tail's got to stick out somewhere. I think this is a good balance of size and length. Big enough to make a presence, but small enough to not need to take up your entire room to display. Its things like this that make me wish Jurassic Park was real. Of all of the fiction I've watched or read, bringing dinosaurs back to life is probably my most wanted fantasy. And Jurassic Park did it in such a plausible (to a lay man like me at least) that the fact we haven't been able to do that yet just makes it that much more frustrating. I get that the DNA decays away long before we could have done something with it, but oh how it seems so possible on paper! :lol

Back