Statue Sideshow - T-Rex: Tyrant King Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why anyone would not order the exclusive at the same price is beyond me. The exclusives are usually made in smaller numbers. And if there ever came a time where you had to sell it would be more desirable to have the exclusive.

Yes, you're absolutely correct.

Sorry, I should have stated my question differently. I will be ordering the exclusive even if there was a price difference. The part I was curious about is how to pull up the regular version of anything when an Exclusive pre-order comes up. And some good folks helped me with that. Sorry about the confusion.

another reason is the payment method that sideshow offers. Payment only with credit card is not an option for me, because i have no credit card.
This payment seems to be pretty popular in the US, but not everywhere in the world.

So i would order from a dealer here in germany where i can use paypal or anything and the price is better than ordering directly at SS.

you can use Paypal with Sideshow now.....

trexcomparison_zps589ab14c.jpg~original

Man, if your calculations are correct, we got us one helluva dinosaur statue on our hands! Hoping your are right.:pray:

ordering direct from SS rather than locally costs me about 35% more when everything is said and done. I find the exclusives on many statues these days make them an easy pass. This however is worth the premium.

Mixed feelings with this bad boy. Great head sculpt, but lacks a bit of detailing & tension in the body sculpt. Pose is ok, but would have preferred his head to be slightly more raised, would have made him look more regal, & would not have taken away from the ex influence. I like my rex sculpts with plenty of scutes, & am disappointed that they did not add dorsal scutes to the body sculpt, which would have added details, & make the animal that much meaner looking. And finally the thickness of the tail seems excessive to me. I would have preferred a thinner/longer more graceful tail. The color patterns are fine, as the earth tones look 'natural' on a Rex. Overall, still a great sculpt, but oh Sideshow, a little more(?), & it would have been masterfully sublime.

I think the head position when make more sense when we get the Triceratops to go with him/her. Rex stands around 13' tall , Triceratops is a bit lower than him for them to look eye to eye. I love spines and such on my dinos but rarely get them...there isn't any real proof for large scutes on theropods..most of the skin we have is made up of small scales. Carnotaurus did have larger osteoderms though. The tail thickness falls in line with current theories, Rex and other theropods were quite robust animals with large tail muscles that assisted the muscles in the hips and thighs giving the animals greater strength.

I would have preferred something like the below JP shot, that sort of pose.

I mean I guess you can't go too close to JP without getting sued, but still, the Rex in JP was just cool.

jp3dpressimage_wide-a87e29215778fcfbd1614208bfd0044d663ef8b0-s40-c85.jpg

Or why not go a bit more crazy on the paintjob, e.g like in Dinosaur Revolution, again, no one knows what colour they actually were, so have some fun with it, yeah maybe it was grey/brown in real life, or maybe it wasn't, who knows, Anyway whoever reconstructed a Zebra from just the bones probably wouldn't have guessed it was striped, so again, who knows what colour Rex was, or how many variants there were, or what lies still to be discovered in the ground somewhere.

On a side note, the head tilted up open roar is the best pose for T-Rex, shows those chompers!

81WWgqe3CKL._SL1500_.jpg

And whilst I don't like feathered Rex's, this interpretation looks sorta interesting, but I doubt they had these sort of feathers.

tyrannosaurus_rex_by_dustdevil-d7lt0j8.jpg

I guess in summary, I find this Rex a bit safe, so a pass from me. T-Rex is meant to be the king, he should have been roaring. I want to be able to hear the sound in my head just by looking at it, but I don't get that with this piece. Still nice, mind you, just not the ultimate Rex.

@ Dr. Lexus: i know what you mean, this rex could be a little more interesting, but what i like is the position of the forearms, they look pretty lifelike.

Hello friends. My opinion about this statue is that Jorge did a great job, especially as he managed to give the impression that it is a mega predator of the Cretaceous. I love how he managed to restore the anatomy of the beast. I own both the T-rex in this line of Krentz, and by Taboada. I must admit that T-Rex by David Krentz is extremely detailed and accurate level is very high. He managed to give the feeling of king in a way as simple as possible ... with his mouth closed, and an elegant posture rarely see a statue. My favorite version still has T-rex by David Krentz. Timo knows what I mean :)

PS: I'm curious to see how it will look Triceratops by Jorge Blanco.

the next statue i´m pretty interested in is Godzilla now, hope the sideshow guys doing a good job on it...

Hello friends. My opinion about this statue is that Jorge did a great job, especially as you managed to give the impression that it is a mega predator of the Cretaceous. I love how he managed to restore the anatomy of the beast. I own both the T-rex in this line of Krentz, and by Taboada. I must admit that T-Rex by David Krentz is extremely detailed and accurate level is very high. He managed to give the feeling of king in a way as simple as possible ... with his mouth closed, and an elegant posture rarely see a statue. My favorite version still has T-rex by David Krentz. Timo knows what I mean :)

PS: I'm curious to see how it will look Triceratops by Jorge Blanco.

I agree about the T. rex from David Krentz. It is still my favorite piece from the line, and I especially like it because it has character. The new T. rex is very impressive, but tbh, it does look a bit generic.

So there won't be a repaints of Krenz's Rex since here comes the whole new one, which is a good news. I don't expect to see the repaints either.

So there won't be a repaints of Krenz's Rex since here comes the whole new one, which is a good news. I don't expect to see the repaints either.

there will be repaint version coming too. i m waiting for it

there will be repaint version coming too. i m waiting for it

Yeah, you are probably right, Krentz rex will most likely be done. Thinking that the Triceratops will be the next release though, showcased at the Con. Tric release would keep the line fresh, with krentz rex coming later, as to bridge the time gap for Jurassic World film release next summer. If interest in dinos does not explode with film release, I fear this whole dino line, regardless of license, will be lost. So dino people, get em while you can man.

Just ordered the exclusive version from sideshow. I might actually get the normal one as well but not any time soon. I'm going to wait until I actually see the final product.

Yeah, you are probably right, Krentz rex will most likely be done. Thinking that the Triceratops will be the next release though, showcased at the Con. Tric release would keep the line fresh, with krentz rex coming later, as to bridge the time gap for Jurassic World film release next summer. If interest in dinos does not explode with film release, I fear this whole dino line, regardless of license, will be lost. So dino people, get em while you can man.

The Triceratops was already shown ? I've only seen the design sketch for it. Are there any pics ?

Back