Statue Sideshow - T-Rex: Tyrant King Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, not super accurate, but it should give a general idea on the size of the new T. rex. :)

The old maquette is roughly 29cm tall at the tip of the tail. The new Rex is roughly 30cm tall.

I believe that comparing the height of the statues should give the most accurate results.

comparisonrexs_zpse706aa74.jpg~original

Is the Exclusive and the regular edition the same price of $389.99?

Does anyone have a link so I can see the regular edition on the Sideshow site? Whenever an Exclusive piece goes up for pre-order, I can never find the regular version. :lol

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hey thanks bud. Just curious for future reference, how did you find that? I tried to type every variation of the name on the Sideshow site and all that popped up was the Exclusive. :gah:

Thanks.

You can just google, "Sideshow T-Rex Regular" (or whatever the product name is of what you're looking for) and one of the links is the regular version...I do that a lot for exclusives that are sold out to find them when SS's site doesn't pull them up.

Hey thanks bud. Just curious for future reference, how did you find that? I tried to type every variation of the name on the Sideshow site and all that popped up was the Exclusive. :gah:

Thanks.

After you click on the exclusive, go to the web address bar and remove the last number at the very end of the address sequence. Hit enter and it'll bring you to the regular.

Why anyone would not order the exclusive at the same price is beyond me. The exclusives are usually made in smaller numbers. And if there ever came a time where you had to sell it would be more desirable to have the exclusive.

Why anyone would not order the exclusive at the same price is beyond me. The exclusives are usually made in smaller numbers. And if there ever came a time where you had to sell it would be more desirable to have the exclusive.

Because exclusives have to be ordered direct, which for some of us means many extra charges.... import tax, non sterling exchange rate, higher shipping costs to begin with, tax on the shipping, customs handling fees etc etc. Sometimes the EX just isn't worth the added costs which can be excessive.

Because exclusives have to be ordered direct, which for some of us means many extra charges.... import tax, non sterling exchange rate, higher shipping costs to begin with, tax on the shipping, customs handling fees etc etc. Sometimes the EX just isn't worth the added costs which can be excessive.

He's talking about ordering the reg from SS, so all that stuff you banged on about would be the same. You missed the point.

Get the Ex, even if you don't like the road kill - leave it in the box.

another reason is the payment method that sideshow offers. Payment only with credit card is not an option for me, because i have no credit card.
This payment seems to be pretty popular in the US, but not everywhere in the world.

So i would order from a dealer here in germany where i can use paypal or anything and the price is better than ordering directly at SS.

Mixed feelings with this bad boy. Great head sculpt, but lacks a bit of detailing & tension in the body sculpt. Pose is ok, but would have preferred his head to be slightly more raised, would have made him look more regal, & would not have taken away from the ex influence. I like my rex sculpts with plenty of scutes, & am disappointed that they did not add dorsal scutes to the body sculpt, which would have added details, & make the animal that much meaner looking. And finally the thickness of the tail seems excessive to me. I would have preferred a thinner/longer more graceful tail. The color patterns are fine, as the earth tones look 'natural' on a Rex. Overall, still a great sculpt, but oh Sideshow, a little more(?), & it would have been masterfully sublime.

You can just google, "Sideshow T-Rex Regular" (or whatever the product name is of what you're looking for) and one of the links is the regular version...I do that a lot for exclusives that are sold out to find them when SS's site doesn't pull them up.

only type "dinosauria" in the search function, then you can find all models and variations of the line.

this is what you see then:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/brands/dinosauria/?ref=nextopia

After you click on the exclusive, go to the web address bar and remove the last number at the very end of the address sequence. Hit enter and it'll bring you to the regular.

Thanks guys for your help. Thanks Ben, that little number trick is new to me. Works like a charm.

Back