Statue Sideshow - T-Rex: Tyrant King Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG was just saying when I pre-ordered the Carnotaurus and Styracosaurus that I would be a happy camper with a T-Rex and a Triceratops. One down and one to go. I WILL be pre-ordering this tomorrow!!! I gotta say I am really glad these are coming out at tax refund time.

Now if they would do a Velociraptor.

I really love this piece, but my problem is, for the size it is I think its a bit too much money. There are so many high quality dinosaur toys in the same scale, that I would rather buy a bunch of those for the price of this statue.

I've always thought this line was done pretty well. This looks great and if you were going to get just one, this would be the one. The apatosaurus would work pretty well to match, someone mentioned the triceretops which would work just as well and be classic. As much as I want to order I gotta wait until SDCC to see what else is on the horizon. Ex ain't that bad either.

mumavuhe.jpg

Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon

Yep, was interested in this until I saw the size. Too small, IMO. Same as the original, which is why I ended up getting rid of it. No denying Sideshow's Dinosauria line looks great, but the pieces should be larger.

Going to be ordering this once my originals coupon from the archetypes book comes through. Sure I'll end up spending about the same in the end, but at least I'll be getting more bang for my buck in terms of how many items I'll end up with. Wish these originals coupons didn't expire. I had a bunch I never used before because it took away reward points. Now that you can use a discount and earn points on the remaining balance, they are worth using now.

Yep, was interested in this until I saw the size. Too small, IMO. Same as the original, which is why I ended up getting rid of it. No denying Sideshow's Dinosauria line looks great, but the pieces should be larger.

Is this one going to be in the same scale as the old maq? The old pics were pre-apple so it's a bit hard to get a feel for the size. Going by SS's measurements it would be a bout 8 inches bigger (longer), which would be a problem for me 'cause I'd like to display them together.

At 76cm it's a good 20cm longer than the old rex maquette. And it is bulkier. :)

I am disappointed by the size of this thing. I was hoping he would be at least 50% larger.

You can't tell me you honestly thought they would go that large?

This one is larger. As someone who has the entire collection and limited room I think the sizes are perfect. But of course opinions are going to vary when it comes to this.
Original is 11.5" H x 8" W x 21.5" L
This is 12" H x 9" W x 30" L

I ordered, the EX is good, it will be nice if they present different exclusive thing with new come out to surprise us instead of skull all the time...and the skull even disappears now!

OMG was just saying when I pre-ordered the Carnotaurus and Styracosaurus that I would be a happy camper with a T-Rex and a Triceratops. One down and one to go. I WILL be pre-ordering this tomorrow!!! I gotta say I am really glad these are coming out at tax refund time.

Now if they would do a Velociraptor.

The Velociraptor was actually much, much smaller (size of a Turkey) than its re-imagining in Jurassic Park.. you would probably want Deinonychus or Utahraptor, the RL dinosaurs that were used as a basis for the 'Velociraptors' in JP by ILM.

Not getting the Exclusive, is a bloody mess. But really dig the sculpt and pose, I wish the paint would have been less monotone. Regular edition for me, hopefully I'll get a good price :)

Last edited:
Back