Statue Sideshow - T-Rex: Tyrant King Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't really care for Ex here, if size is good this goes straight to my fantasy collection.

I think I just may have to snag this one. I'm not really a statue collector, but who DOESN'T need a T-Rex in their collection?

Hmm, like it, don't love it, probably cos I'm a Jurassic Park T-Rex fan. I don't know, I like the line but don't know if I want to get heavily into it given it's a space intensive line, vertical pieces are so much easier to find room for.

I also find the EX is a touch on the gruesome side, though a must-have if getting it.

The paintscheme is OK but again, would have preferred a touch more jazz to it, even some soft tiger stripes on the top of the back would go a long way.

On the plus side, it should be a good size, the sculpt is pretty good and I might still get it, it's just a touch 'safe' for my liking, like the sort of piece I'd see in an actual museum.

i Think that the skin texture could be more lizard/leopard like...for a predator camouflage is crucial

i Think that the skin texture could be more lizard/leopard like...for a predator camouflage is crucial
if you were to go by what they probably ACTUALLY looked like from fossil records, you'd have more feathers. to be honest saying it should have a lizard feel when it wouldn't have in real life is like saying "they should've made Barack Obama look blacker in that poster". Point is, just because there is a opinion of what it should look like, it doesn't necessarily mean that's what it Did look like.

Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon

just sayng it seams plausible to me that they have a camouflage more than a flat colour. I know about feathers, but where put them? how? and the colour problem is still there :)

There's no direct evidence T-rex had feathers, so it's all guess-work really.

There's no direct evidence T-rex had feathers, so it's all guess-work really.
theyve found fossilized remains of smaller species with the remnants of what could only be feathers or early remnants of feathers. its already well known that they're bone structure is directly related to birds. they also are closer to birds than any other animal today

It's Interesting, the T-rex looks awesome no doubt but the detail does not seem to intricate to me. Maybe the way Sideshow took the pics, not up close and that focused. What I'm trying to say is in comparison to the previous two statues that were my favorite and the most detailed in my opinion (outstanding), is the Carnotaurus and T-rex vs Triceratops. With that in mind I expected this sucker (T-rex) to be the same if not more intricate and meticulous in the detail, seems to me it's off a little.
This is only my opinion I could be wrong until I get the actual statue in my hands but it does not look as defined. Please state your opinion.

Perhaps its the pictures or they have indeed taken an easier route for mass production

Back