Statue Sideshow - T-Rex: Tyrant King Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
theyve found fossilized remains of smaller species with the remnants of what could only be feathers or early remnants of feathers. its already well known that they're bone structure is directly related to birds. they also are closer to birds than any other animal today

Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon

That is true for some species but we have skin impressions for many others that appear very "traditional": pebbled, scaly and featherless. For the larger animals, no feathers is probably a safer bet.

As for coloration that's better for camouflage: I'm not sure something that big could hope to not be seen or heard. It's just as likely it, like a lion or something, trolled the edge of a herd in plain sight waiting for an opportunity.

theyve found fossilized remains of smaller species with the remnants of what could only be feathers or early remnants of feathers. its already well known that they're bone structure is directly related to birds. they also are closer to birds than any other animal today

Yes, a relative to T. rex found in China(Yutyrannus huali) had fuzz covering its body, but it lived in a much colder environment and it had 1/10 of the mass. However it is not too unplausible that T. rex had fuzz at some parts of the body, but considering the size of the animal it would probably be difficult to spot and very difficult to sculpt. Fozzilised skin impressions of T. rex shows scales, or small bumps. :)

Guys will he be available for pre order over at Bigbadtoystore? I want to order over at SS, but I can't swing the $40 nrd right now..

But the exclusive is epic. It just makes this statue so much better. I ordered.

I knooow! I just can't afford the nrd right now..If I wait then I might miss out, so I have no choice but to order over at BBTS..

Yes, a relative to T. rex found in China(Yutyrannus huali) had fuzz covering its body, but it lived in a much colder environment and it had 1/10 of the mass. However it is not too unplausible that T. rex had fuzz at some parts of the body, but considering the size of the animal it would probably be difficult to spot and very difficult to sculpt. Fozzilised skin impressions of T. rex shows scales, or small bumps. :)
the scaled patchy parts are similar in dinosaurs that had feathers. but you're right, doesnt make sense for them to try to sculpt it like it could've been. this is easier from a sculpting perspective

I knooow! I just can't afford the nrd right now..If I wait then I might miss out, so I have no choice but to order over at BBTS..

You'll have at least a month before they set the EX ES I'd guess. Even if the EX sells out then and it won't until the ES is set, you can still get the regular which is what you'd be getting at bbts

It was up on their site

Edit: just looked and it says TBD

Oh man, as much as i wanted this so bad. between this and the TDK bust, I have to choose the bust instead.

Back