Statue Sideshow - T-Rex: Tyrant King Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Confirmed by SS Alex that there will be an EX. Good news. If it's not a skull what could it be? What if they did an EX with a different paint job? Like they did with the reg white ape and the black EX ape for the Conan Fury of the Beast Dio.

WOW!!!!! Finally, a new fantastic addition to this line. Looks like a real beauty, pose, details, & classic greyish color pattern are all great. Now I'm just hoping that the scale is a little larger as to justify, & honor, the king of dinosaurs. Well done Sideshow.

Cool but the paintjob is a bit on the dull side, grey is, well, grey, and since we have no idea what colour they actually were let's give him something a bit more snazzy!

Confirmed by SS Alex that there will be an EX. Good news. If it's not a skull what could it be? What if they did an EX with a different paint job? Like they did with the reg white ape and the black EX ape for the Conan Fury of the Beast Dio.

That would be interesting. If this piece is meant to synch up with the Triceratops maquette we saw a sketch of then maybe something related to that ?

I think the color is a good safe bet on Sideshow's part. I'm all for more color but we already had David's older male Rex with lots of red..this one I believe is intended to be a female and is based on SUE? That would explain a duller coloration. I'm instantly reminded of Phil Tippett's tyrannosaur from Prehistoric Beast.

I've heard it mentioned this piece may be around 25" , if so a little bigger than David's Rex I think.

Seems like we are going to have a grey Rex for the next! I must lie if I say I don't want it...I know it's gonna be a 'HUGE' rex this time but I'm afraid it will be too huge...please not bigger than Spinosaurus:pray:...because it's all about space...as the old saying goes 'Space is money'...and T-rex is supposed to be a bit smaller than Spinosaurus scientifically...

I always wanted a T-Rex statue. And I missed the early version. Now I'm getting this for sure. Hopefully this will be a bigger one. Can't wait for the full reveal next week

Sideshow is probably releasing their own line so they don't have to pay the JP licensing fees. Same dinosaurs (different paint), without JP names attached, equals bigger profits. Someone could 3D print custom JP signs to add-on to the statues and, there you go, you have a JP statue.

Sideshow is probably releasing their own line so they don't have to pay the JP licensing fees. Same dinosaurs (different paint), without JP names attached, equals bigger profits. Someone could 3D print custom JP signs to add-on to the statues and, there you go, you have a JP statue.
yet not the same
the rex looks a little jp-ish i wanted to orderr just because of that but the more i look at it the less it looks like the jp rex i wish they would bring jp back

Sculpt looks cool, not really into the colour.... also personally a tidy bit disappointed it's another Rex, this is the third in this line, there are SO many cool species yet to be made... I know money and so producing popular species that will sell good seem important to Sideshow lately (putting out all the old statues in other colours kinda proves that) but I was hoping so much for a Deinonychus or Albertosaurus if a carnivour :(

Not sure, if it's cool I might want it but since I already have two rexes I might have to pass on it's if it's really expensive, which it probably will be

SS has already issued a skull EX for Krentz T-rex, so I'm thinking an additional dead prey dino for this one? Reveal is tomorrow right? Hoping for a descent size, & mucho pics!

I too am hoping for a EX with a base change (dead prey, youngling, etc). Most of the Star Wars EX that I buy have interchangeable hands but that would be strange (but very funny!) if applied here.

Has the full reveals pictures out yet? I have been checking the website a few times and still no pictures. Only the TDK bust today

Back