1/6 Sideshow Superman Sixth Scale Figure 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received my 2.0 Supers,

It has some good things and bad things.

The good:
Outfit and accessories

The bad:
1- head sculpt,
Lazy paint job (lack of details)

The body is too small for Superman figure.
I wish they would?ve made it a bit taller and bulkier chest.

6/10

66949cdb9b7070dc7141088dbd5d2b7d.jpg

5bc0d5897e726ac365c8670a4b536e6c.jpg

e72486cf5a1242514fd6dfa0b75bba90.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice pics and set up emeraldknight! :clap thanks for sharing! Love how you displayed the accessories as well. still waiting on my shipping notice :(

Looking forward to more pics of your bash HPGR_Thrawn :rock:

Here's what he looks like with just a headswap I got on ebay. I dig it.
db8984d18cb0f2d1b74b78520f10767e.jpg
8fc2f306644e16ef66792371bcdbca6a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I think the Sideshow body isn't without it's charm but it needs some upgrades like double jointed elbows, a wider chest and detail for the thighs. The characters that wear tights like Supes, Batman and Magneto to name a few look weird with blank legs IMO

I think the Sideshow body isn't without it's charm but it needs some upgrades like double jointed elbows, a wider chest and detail for the thighs. The characters that wear tights like Supes, Batman and Magneto to name a few look weird with blank legs IMO
I agree, the smooth thighs are a little distracting.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I agree. Those are definitely the sticking points. And instead of developing a whole knew body each time, they really should just invest in swappable body parts like HT does. It's vary rare these days that HT develops one body and is done with it. When you strip it down you'll find legs from one type, torso from another and arms from something else.

I agree. Those are definitely the sticking points. And instead of developing a whole knew body each time, they really should just invest in swappable body parts like HT does. It's vary rare these days that HT develops one body and is done with it. When you strip it down you'll find legs from one type, torso from another and arms from something else.
They sort of have done that. The Flash uses the same body but with different arms. I THINK Batman and Superman have different necks (despite using the same body otherwise)--Superman has a fixed neck whereas Batman has a jointed neck.

They sort of have done that. The Flash uses the same body but with different arms. I THINK Batman and Superman have different necks (despite using the same body otherwise)--Superman has a fixed neck whereas Batman has a jointed neck.

Batman and Superman have the same body. I?ve changed up the body on Batman and it?s exactly the same and Superman, Luke Cage, Thor and Magneto.

But yes, SS has sort of done that but not to the extent of HT. Plus, I still think they need to develop more muscle muscular thighs and double jointed arms like the Cavil/Arnold/Batfleck bodies and fuller chest pieces like the Cavil/Vader bodies. The current chest piece is just way too flat for someone like Superman or even Batman. Like many ppl who just start working out, upper chest is a lagging body part and that?s what the SS chest piece remind me of. Someone who is fit but hasn?t fully developed their physique

Does this suit have velcro in the back, or is it sewn?

I have a spare JL Superman body, I'd like to see how the suit would look on that.
I plan on doing the same. I have an MoS body that I modded with BvS Batman arms (bigger shoulders, biceps/triceps and forearms) with BvS Superman thighs that I hope to use for this...whenever I get it

[...]Like many ppl who just start working out, upper chest is a lagging body part and that?s what the SS chest piece remind me of. Someone who is fit but hasn?t fully developed their physique[...]

This made me laugh because my chest and lats are the fastest developing muscles on me. I?m like a real-life Man-Bat :lol

This made me laugh because my chest and lats are the fastest developing muscles on me. I?m like a real-life Man-Bat :lol

:lol

of course everyone is different but typically that is the case. I mean most folks develop a decent chest since they focus on bench press as their main go to (I mean it's a must compound exercise, everyone should be doing it or at least push-ups to get a similar effect), but when it comes to superhero physique, upper chest to really fill out the moobs, boulder shoulders w/ overhead press and pull ups or lat pulldowns for the lats/wide back are what give you that powerful look with the v-taper.

:lol

of course everyone is different but typically that is the case. I mean most folks develop a decent chest since they focus on bench press as their main go to (I mean it's a must compound exercise, everyone should be doing it or at least push-ups to get a similar effect), but when it comes to superhero physique, upper chest to really fill out the moobs, boulder shoulders w/ overhead press and pull ups or lat pulldowns for the lats/wide back are what give you that powerful look with the v-taper.

I?ve only ever done weights as an adjunct to the body-weight and calisthenics we do in Muay Thai. Part of the reason I don?t really get big arms but it?s also genetic. It?s actually hilarious because bigger dudes I?ve clinched with walk away all ?WTF was that?? because they looked at my arms, not my lats. :lol

(I?m getting old now, haven?t fought in years)

Here's what he looks like with just a headswap I got on ebay. I dig it.
db8984d18cb0f2d1b74b78520f10767e.jpg
8fc2f306644e16ef66792371bcdbca6a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

thanks for those pics. I plan to put the Hot Toys Reeve headsculpt on this body and I like how it looks.

I?ve only ever done weights as an adjunct to the body-weight and calisthenics we do in Muay Thai. Part of the reason I don?t really get big arms but it?s also genetic. It?s actually hilarious because bigger dudes I?ve clinched with walk away all ?WTF was that?? because they looked at my arms, not my lats. :lol

(I?m getting old now, haven?t fought in years)

Awesome that you do Muay Thai :clap: I usually do HIIT/Tabata calisthenics and body-weight training since they're quick and effective way to stay pretty lean but still get strength gains even if you're muscles aren't budging :lol I only started weight training b/c of the pandemic since there's a lot more time on my hands in the last 8months. I just hate the longer workout sessions of weight training but it's something different.

Anywhoo, back on topic...still waiting for my shipping notice from my seller...it's been two weeks since they told me they were expecting it to come in...and nothing. Though I did PO late in the game so maybe their other customers are getting theirs and I'm last in line

What does the Sideshow Supe neck look like when head is popped off? Wondering what kind of peg I would need to get to replace head with a KO Reeves head.

What does the Sideshow Supe neck look like when head is popped off? Wondering what kind of peg I would need to get to replace head with a KO Reeves head.

pretty much your standard neck joint peg. If it's a little loose, just put a coat or two clear hardening nail polish or clear floor finish to thicken it up and you'll be fine. Or go the even easier route and use blue-tack.

Pet Peeve: I REALLY wish ppl would spell his name right...It's Reeve, no 's' at the end. There's only ONE "Reeves" Superman, and that's George Reeves.

Back