1/6 Sideshow Superman Sixth Scale Figure 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I?ve just noticed that the defect on the belt is also visible on the final pictures Sideshow is using for the figure.
Looks like it's a matter of degrees. On mine its pretty bad and noticeable, but on the replacement they sent me it's not noticeable--but still sort there if you look for it.

The S on the replacement suit isn't quite level, though, so I think I might try and remove the belts and swap them. Not sure how to go about doing that since the belt appears to be glued together... maybe an xacto knife.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I got a spare belt online in to use for a custom and it, too, has the slight defect. I think a bit of heat could fix it maybe? Gonna give it a shot tomorrow. Also, need to try to get the red stains out if I can. The store I ordered from said they should have their stock in by this week so finger's crossed I won't have to wait too long to get mine! This is probably my most anticipated figure as everything else I've purchased has just been playing catch up til now.

Question for those that have both Sideshow Superman figure. Is the skin tone on the v2 lighter than the v1? If it is, how much? Any side by side pic would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Supes has just arrived! Finally!

To reply to your question, 1000masks, I’d say the skin tone is roughly similar.
However, if you expect to put the V.1 hs on the V.2, forget about it, shape won’t match like, at all!

So, my quick, very quick review. Belt? Bad indentation!
The rest, and trust me, I wouldn’t have believed I’d say that even one hour ago, is just awesome. I had my reservations about the sculpt, but it looks really great in hand. My main gripe was I didn’t like the nose, well, in hand I do. Really a great Superman. I love and will buy a second one.

Oh, and I think no one has really replied to that question: the head TILTS UP and down for flying poses.

However, if you expect to put the V.1 hs on the V.2, forget about it, shape won’t match like, at all!

The rest, and trust me, I wouldn’t have believed I’d say that even one hour ago, is just awesome. I had my reservations about the sculpt, but it looks really great in hand. My main gripe was I didn’t like the nose, well, in hand I do. Really a great Superman. I love and will buy a second one.

Oh, and I think no one has really replied to that question: the head TILTS UP and down for flying poses.

Looking forward to see your pictures buddy. Nice score.

To reply to your question, 1000masks, I?d say the skin tone is roughly similar.
However, if you expect to put the V.1 hs on the V.2, forget about it, shape won?t match like, at all!

The rest, and trust me, I wouldn?t have believed I?d say that even one hour ago, is just awesome. I had my reservations about the sculpt, but it looks really great in hand. My main gripe was I didn?t like the nose, well, in hand I do. Really a great Superman. I love and will buy a second one.

Thanks for the quick review! Unfortunate, that the skin tone is similar to the V1 as I thought it was too brownish green. The pics I've seen make it look more caucasian in color than the V1.

Good to hear that you dig the headsculpt though! While I really like my repainted V1 sculpts, I've thought about getting a second V2 sculpt to turn into a heat vision look in the event that 1) I really like the new sculpt and 2) if the new sculpt doesn't fit on the modded MoS body I have planned to use.

I know I keep referencing them so I finally put together pics of my repainted v1 sculpts for those who care :
attachment.php

attachment.php

Got a suit, belt and pair of boots from Toy Anxiety. Fits pretty nicely on a Phicen M34. Still have to tighten the peg holes for the boots, though.
Cool! Hope you post pics :pray: I'd love to see what that looks like if you're able.

Thank for the info. I actually have the v1 Supes on a M34, the v1 head skin tone is really close, but I feel that the head is too big. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the v2 head is smaller right? My concern is that the v2 head has the upper part of the neck sculpted to the head, so if the skin tone is a lot lighter it would be more noticeable.

Thanks for the quick review! Unfortunate, that the skin tone is similar to the V1 as I thought it was too brownish green. The pics I've seen make it look more caucasian in color than the V1.

Good to hear that you dig the headsculpt though! While I really like my repainted V1 sculpts, I've thought about getting a second V2 sculpt to turn into a heat vision look in the event that 1) I really like the new sculpt and 2) if the new sculpt doesn't fit on the modded MoS body I have planned to use.

I know I keep referencing them so I finally put together pics of my repainted v1 sculpts for those who care :
attachment.php

attachment.php

Cool! Hope you post pics :pray: I'd love to see what that looks like if you're able.

Fantastic paint app bro. :rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

Fantastic paint app bro. :rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

Thanks man :hi5:

I've been painting for years but these sculpts were my test subjects while following Darren Carnall's online tutorials. I was pretty shocked myself with how well they turned out to be honest :lol I don't know what I'll do with them if I end up prefering the new sculpt the way I prefer the new Batman sculpt compared to the older versions.

Gipetto,

They are awesome, indeed! Great job!

On the account of the skin tone, I realize I should have been more precise. When I say it is the same, I mean that like most hs today, the base tone is the same, to be compatible with most TTM 19 KO. However, the paintjob is hugely different and his skin tone looks much lighter. As for the old hs, which I love too, the lantern jaw will stick out like a sore thumb on that new body, and the v1 head is slightly bigger.

thanks for the review, 16k.

Do you think a Reeve Superman headsculpt by Hot Toys would match in skin tone with the new body?

Gipetto,

They are awesome, indeed! Great job!

On the account of the skin tone, I realize I should have been more precise. When I say it is the same, I mean that like most hs today, the base tone is the same, to be compatible with most TTM 19 KO. However, the paintjob is hugely different and his skin tone looks much lighter. As for the old hs, which I love too, the lantern jaw will stick out like a sore thumb on that new body, and the v1 head is slightly bigger.

Thanks man, I appreciate it :hi5:

Yea, I popped the V1 heads on the newest Batman body to test out since it's the same as the V2 Superman one and you're right, the jaw (and head as a whole) is just way too big for that body.

But from testing, the V1 heads fit perfectly on the HT Henry Cavill type bodies (i.e. MoS, BvS, JL, Vader) b/c the neck on those bodies are big enough to accept the much bigger jaw on the V1 w/o looking bobble headed. So, I'm definitely going to test out the V2 suit on the modded MoS body I have as I would like Superman to have a slightly bigger body than Batman.

One thing I know SS always said when they first got the DC license (and why V1 Sups has a smaller body than V1 Bats) is they felt Batman had to train all the time, so he should have a bigger physique than Superman who is just naturally is strong. I never agree with that. Superman is the physically stronger being therefore he should have the bigger body IMO. If SS would've made the chest and neck bigger on the V1 Sups, it would've been such a home run and the jaw/head wouldn't have looked so oversized on that figure. Thank goodness the V2 has better proportions all around.

thanks for the review, 16k.

Do you think a Reeve Superman headsculpt by Hot Toys would match in skin tone with the new body?

I believe it could work fine. I haven?t tried it but Reeve is only a tad paler.

Thanks man, I appreciate it :hi5:

Yea, I popped the V1 heads on the newest Batman body to test out since it's the same as the V2 Superman one and you're right, the jaw (and head as a whole) is just way too big for that body.

But from testing, the V1 heads fit perfectly on the HT Henry Cavill type bodies (i.e. MoS, BvS, JL, Vader) b/c the neck on those bodies are big enough to accept the much bigger jaw on the V1 w/o looking bobble headed. So, I'm definitely going to test out the V2 suit on the modded MoS body I have as I would like Superman to have a slightly bigger body than Batman.

One thing I know SS always said when they first got the DC license (and why V1 Sups has a smaller body than V1 Bats) is they felt Batman had to train all the time, so he should have a bigger physique than Superman who is just naturally is strong. I never agree with that. Superman is the physically stronger being therefore he should have the bigger body IMO. If SS would've made the chest and neck bigger on the V1 Sups, it would've been such a home run and the jaw/head wouldn't have looked so oversized on that figure. Thank goodness the V2 has better proportions all around.

I completely agree about V1. And even so, I still think it was a home run. I have several, I even have some kO. The one I posted before was done entirely with some KO parts. I have one that I left as it is out of the box. Another one, I just placed a band of grey foam on the side of his chest. Makes a huge difference.

I believe it could work fine. I haven?t tried it but Reeve is only a tad paler.

I completely agree about V1. And even so, I still think it was a home run. I have several, I even have some kO. The one I posted before was done entirely with some KO parts. I have one that I left as it is out of the box. Another one, I just placed a band of grey foam on the side of his chest. Makes a huge difference.

True, even with my complaints about it now, when I first got it, I loved it. I mean 3 heads, 2 capes and flight stand for like $200 or less? That's a steal even then. I just can no longer afford to have multiple versions of one character. Once I got rid of all the Jack Sparrows I had but one (5 total), I realized I didn't really need to have so many different ones even if they weren't exactly the same. So now I just have a one and done rule. If a better one comes along that I like more, I sell the old one to help fund the new one.

I don’t think you’ll like the new one better. In their own ways, their just as good, but different.

could be. I didn't think I'd like the newest Batman better than the old ones as I never liked it in the pics/videos I watched, but now that I have it in hand, I love it. Especially with adding in the accessories from the V1 and a few other mods I did. I can now sell the rest of the V1 for parts and recoup some funds. Only time will tell
with V2 Sups though...still waiting on my shipping notice from the retailer :impatient:

Back