Sideshow Superman Man Of Steel Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like this pose would be great for a Reeve or comic version of Superman, but not the Cavill Supes. SS seems to like this one leg bent, turned-up fist, chest out kind of pose. A slightly more battle-ready stance would be more fitting for the MoS Superman, since there was so much action in the film.

It is impossible to replace Christopher Reeve as Superman! and sideshow is a disgrace for not making a Superman Reeve PF by now!!

Shame on you sideshow!! No excuses!! Stop wasting your time with pretenders

and for my second and last post to any Sideshow Superman thread.

I would like to add that I don't care to respect any sideshow superman release now or in the future! Not until sideshow show and care to respect and honor the greatest Superman..Christopher Reeve and show the respect to the fans of Superman!!

I have seen the Man of Steel movie and it is ok...but the Greatest Superman will always be legendary Christopher Reeve!

Christopher reeve= blah! Those movies are boring. Zzzzzzzzzz........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It is impossible to replace Christopher Reeve as Superman! and sideshow is a disgrace for not making a Superman Reeve PF by now!!

Shame on you sideshow!! No excuses!! Stop wasting your time with pretenders
Ugh...not another one...ppl like this really grind my gears...I don't get why ppl always assume that when something new comes along that it's trying to replace the old? Um sorry and I mean no disrespect to the man but Reeve is DEAD! Superman lives on. Superman was before and has continued on after Reeve. Reeve is as mch as a pretnender as any one else playing Superman. Oh wait no, he was superman in real life too, that's right:rolleyes: You disgrace true superman fans with that kind of attitude.
and for my second and last post to any Sideshow Superman thread.

I would like to add that I don't care to respect any sideshow superman release now or in the future! Not until sideshow show and care to respect and honor the greatest Superman..Christopher Reeve and show the respect to the fans of Superman!!

I have seen the Man of Steel movie and it is ok...but the Greatest Superman will always be legendary Christopher Reeve!
They have shown respect to TRUE Superman fans who aren't so narrow minded and love ALL that is superman and not just one particular phase in the 75 years that superman has been around by releasing the COMIC Superman PF first. Because ya know, that's the real superman. No doubt you are a Reeve fan (which to be clear I have no problem with whatsoever) but I don't get how Reeve fans tend to think they are the one true Superman fans when what they like about Superman only seems to be the guy that played him :slap and if you haven't noticed 2 things, you should: 1) SS is making a Reeve PF 2) the MoS PF was released first to ride the hype of the movie and get orders in while, on the other hand, they can release a Reeve PF any time b/c he already has a built in fan base

Last edited:
Ugh...not another one...ppl like this really grind my gears...I don't get why ppl always assume that when something new comes along that it's trying to replace the old? Um sorry and I mean no disrespect to the man but Reeve is DEAD! Superman lives on. Superman was before and has continued on after Reeve. Reeve is as mch as a pretnender as any one else playing Superman. Oh wait no, he was superman in real life too, that's right:rolleyes: You disgrace true superman fans with that kind of attitude.

They have shown respect to TRUE Superman fans who aren't so narrow minded and love ALL that is superman and not just one particular phase in the 75 years that superman has been around. No doubt you are a Reeve fan but I don't get how Reeve fans tend to think they are the one true Superman fans when what they like about Superman only seems to be the guy that played him :slap and if you haven't noticed 2 things, you should: 1) SS is making a Reeve PF 2) the MoS PF was released first to ride the hype of the movie and get orders in while, on the other hand, they can release a Reeve PF any time b/c he already has a built in fan base

What guys like that forget is there have been no less then 5 guys play Superman since Reeve did his thing, and at least two of them played him for MULTIPLE seasons on TV. I am not attached to Reeve as Superman anymore then I am attached to Bale as Batman. Reev got TWO good movies under his yellow belt, and that is that. I hate that people have to go n and on about him like there was never anything worthy before or since because that just isn't so.

What guys like that forget is there have been no less then 5 guys play Superman since Reeve did his thing, and at least two of them played him for MULTIPLE seasons on TV. I am not attached to Reeve as Superman anymore then I am attached to Bale as Batman. Reev got TWO good movies under his yellow belt, and that is that. I hate that people have to go n and on about him like there was never anything worthy before or since because that just isn't so.

:exactly::goodpost:

A thousand times yes, Spidey!

If I was attached to any superman it would be the Fleischer cartoons as that was my introduction to Superman. I'm not old and grey but when I was a kid we had all those episodes on VHS. So, I guess I got lucky that I wasn't sucked into being immortally biased by an actor and, instead, I could enjoy the source material b/c after the toons came the comics.

And I have no issue with anyone loving one version over another either, honestly. I have my preferences for who played Superman too. But like you said, I hate it when ppl act like there was nothing good about Sups before Reeve and hasn't been since.

:exactly::goodpost:

A thousand times yes, Spidey!

If I was attached to any superman it would be the Fleischer cartoons as that was my introduction to Superman. I'm not old but when I was a kid we had all those episodes on VHS so I guess I got lucky that I wasn't sucked in to be immortally biased by an actor and instead I could enjoy the source material b/c after the toons came the comics. An I hav no issue with anyone loving one version over another either, honestly. I have my preferences for who played Superman too. But like you said, I hate it when ppl act like there was nothing good about Sups before Reeve and hasn't been since.

Lol... Kevin Conroy IS Batman for me. I know he is a voice actor, but his depiction in BTAS, ABAR, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, and the multiple movies has just cemented in my mind that Batman IS that voice. Now does that mean I can't enjoy watching Keaton or Bale? Nope. It is the same for Superman. The same way different artists bring different flavours to a character so do actors. For every person who grew up with Reeve there is almost an equal number who grew up with Caine or Welling, and if you want to look at it in terms of just HOURS on screen Welling is the champ hands down.

In the end it is just preference and opinion. If you like something like it, but don't come in to a thread where people are sharing there like of something else and try to shove your opinions down their throats.:lecture

They have shown respect to TRUE Superman fans who aren't so narrow minded and love ALL that is superman and not just one particular phase in the 75 years that superman has been around by releasing the COMIC Superman PF first. Because ya know, that's the real superman. No doubt you are a Reeve fan (which to be clear I have no problem with whatsoever) but I don't get how Reeve fans tend to think they are the one true Superman fans when what they like about Superman only seems to be the guy that played him :slap and if you haven't noticed 2 things, you should: 1) SS is making a Reeve PF 2) the MoS PF was released first to ride the hype of the movie and get orders in while, on the other hand, they can release a Reeve PF any time b/c he already has a built in fan base

If the Reeve PF was released first (as it should have been a long time ago) then I think many would not even bother buying the other PF....sideshow know what they are doing...and I stand by my comments...DISGRACE!

Reeve is the grail superman....with respect.....

If the Reeve PF was released first (as it should have been a long time ago) then I think many would not even bother buying the other PF....sideshow know what they are doing...and I stand by my comments...DISGRACE!

So that wasnt your second and last post ever in any Superman thread... Way to stick to your guns!

Dude, they recently acquired the DC license and have a Reeve Superman in the works.

This came out first to capitalize on the movie...even though we wont actually see the PF until 2014.

So people cant now buy a Reeve Superman figure because they spent money instead on an imposter???...Seriously, you need to take a lower dosage.

Your original statement was BS... And you are trolling .... Fastest IGGY ever.

I just googled Sideshow Man of Steel premium format and found the pics. SS did an amazing job tailoring the suit, I still think HT sculpt is better though. I may try to pick this up later on if I can.

Yeah I am really surprised about how good Hot Toys one is! When it comes to sculpting sideshow is usually better but this time Hot Toys is better! :eek

:rotfl :rotfl Yeah, that hot toys version looks like a piece of a$$...to mouth.

Really? Other than the body I see nothing wrong with it. :huh

The only reason I am considering buying this one over the Hot Toys one is because of the body. The head sculpt is not as good as Hot Toys one and I bet the factory paint job on this PF will suck to. This makes this a hard choice to decide between the two because I care about the likeness of actor and a nice paint job but I really like the body on this PF! :gah:

If only there was a way to combine the two we would have pretty much a perfect MOS! :lol

Really? Other than the body I see nothing wrong with it. :huh

Isn't that 90% of it? Guaranteed the materials used for the outfit will be cheaper on the hot toys fig.

The head sculpt is not as good as Hot Toys one

Disagree. Also, sculpting on the materials of a hot toy is much easier than on polystone. It makes the work on the later more impressive to me.

Isn't that 90% of it? Guaranteed the materials used for the outfit will be cheaper on the hot toys fig.

Disagree. Also, sculpting on the materials of a hot toy is much easier than on polystone. It makes the work on the later more impressive to me.

I was thinking the SAME thing. So the main stock of the figure isn't very good, but the parts you stick on look great....:rotfl

I used to like Hot Toys. The prices on those damn things have gotten out of control though. It doesn't cost much more to get a PF.

When you put the hot toy next to a PF of the same character... the hot toy looks like a child's Toys'R'Us offering.

So I sold all my hot toys and bought more PFs. Don't regret that move at all.

dude, are you on drugs?? :lol
I think each actor brought something to Superman and I like all of them.
I just don't see the point getting so work up about things you should be enjoying.

Technically yes, but most people are drawn to the head sculpt more than anything. I am one of those people that care more about the head sculpt than anything else I guess. The head sculpt has to look real and accurate for me to like the overall figure/statue.

Disagree.

You are in the minority if u think the PFs head sculpt is better than Hot Toys one, the likeness looks dead on in promo pics and still looks quite good in candid ones. I honestly would not know who actor was on the PF because the sculpt looks too comic book hero looking.

Also, sculpting on the materials of a hot toy is much easier than on polystone.It makes the work on the later more impressive to me.

:huh What are you talking about? Trevor uses wax to sculpt the head then that mold is casted in polystone for mass production purposes. I think Hot Toys probably does the same method but cast the head in PVC for mass production purposes. :dunno

I used to like Hot Toys. The prices on those damn things have gotten out of control though. It doesn't cost much more to get a PF.

Yeah but the paint usually sucks on the PF compared to Hot Toys.

When you put the hot toy next to a PF of the same character... the hot toy looks like a child's Toys'R'Us offering.

So I sold all my hot toys and bought more PFs. Don't regret that move at all.

Overall I agree but ironically that head sculpt and paint job on the Hot Toys one makes the PF look more like a toy IMO.

Who cares, just get what you like.

I like PFs and think this is a great representation of superman

You are in the minority

So?

:huh What are you talking about? Trevor uses wax to sculpt the head then that mold is casted in polystone for mass production purposes. I think Hot Toys probably does the same method but cast the head in PVC for mass production purposes. :dunno

Detail is lost once cast. This is according to PCS. He scouted vinyl statues that were filled with polystone and the results were that the vinyl held far more detail, making a better statue overall. PCS said they may go this route for their future releases.

The PF is unmistakably Cavill.

:Yeah but the paint usually sucks on the PF compared to Hot Toys.

Hot toys have skin tone plastic. This is really apples to oranges.

Well nothing really just saying u were in the minority, not saying you are wrong or anything, just most agree the head sculpt does not compare to Hot Toys one.

Detail is lost once cast. This is according to PCS. He scouted vinyl statues that were filled with polystone and the results were that the vinyl held far more detail, making a better statue overall. PCS said they may go this route for their future releases.

Ok so yeah some of the detail gets lost but I am actually talking about what the current polystone head sculpt looks like, not the wax one that was originally sculpted as I am sure that one is better.

Nevertheless, thanks for the info about vinyl, I never knew that. :hi5:

The PF is unmistakably Cavill.

Once again I am not saying you are wrong but I don't think it looks much like Cavill at all and like I said I would not recognize who it was, unlike Hot Toys one, where I knew straight away who it was just by looking at the face.

Hot toys have skin tone plastic. This is really apples to oranges.

Yeah I know what you mean, they don't use a flesh base coat and it is harder to paint on polystone as well. I am not trying to debate with you that the Hot Toys one is better or vice versa, I was merely just stating that most people agree Hot Toys sculpt looks better, which is obvious to me but maybe u see major flaws with the Hot Toys sculpt I don't see. Just like you said this is really comparing apples to oranges as there is no right answer :peace

Back