Sideshow Superman Man Of Steel Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the Reeve sculpt loses something in the nose and cheekbones. The paint job does a passable sculpt no favors though. He had commented that he was directed on the pose to offer, which just baffles me that someone made that decision. I mean this MOS pose is hardly without it's critics, and it is darn tough to immitate, but at least Caville shines through and the 'action' taking place isn't a confusing mess.

I do like Matt Blacks work. Ordered Cap, and will probably pick up Saruman too. If the Ledger turns out nice, thats another one I would order. It just seems like CR was a group effort to muck it up. I just Hope the MOS PF gets a good paint job, but with a strong ES, I would think they wouldn't phone this one in.

I wasn't sold on this when it was released but I liked the movie and Henry as Superman and following delivery of the incredible comic PF, I've just took the plunge on this.

I cancelled my Reeve piece as my son's treatment had advanced and to be honest, I still wasn't feeling the sculpt or pose.

Things have happened personally with regards to finances and after I read elsewhere that Sideshow would allow you to switch an NRD and rewards under certain circumstances, I contacted them to see if we could discount the MOS PF with the $100 or so bucks I lost on cancelling Reeve.

SS were as sweet and helpful as you could imagine allowing the switch of funds and my boy will now have a Man Of Steel PF to sit alongside our DC comic PF.

Thanks Sideshow and to the guys here who helped me with the NRD thing.

I wasn't sold on this when it was released but I liked the movie and Henry as Superman and following delivery of the incredible comic PF, I've just took the plunge on this.

I cancelled my Reeve piece as my son's treatment had advanced and to be honest, I still wasn't feeling the sculpt or pose.

Things have happened personally with regards to finances and after I read elsewhere that Sideshow would allow you to switch an NRD and rewards under certain circumstances, I contacted them to see if we could discount the MOS PF with the $100 or so bucks I lost on cancelling Reeve.

SS were as sweet and helpful as you could imagine allowing the switch of funds and my boy will now have a Man Of Steel PF to sit alongside our DC comic PF.

Congrats! It sounds like things worked out really well. I'm sure this is going to look amazing next to your comic PF. Igo was saying on statue forum that this piece is being made by one of their newer factories, and that they were incredibly impressed with the tailoring work they were able to do for it. I'm sure your boy will love it!

Good luck with his treatment. I hope all goes well. :)

Congrats and wish your son the best pal.

That's such a mice thing sideshow did for you man, I hope everything works out for your Son. :pray:

So you are buying this statue for him and u?

same here! hoping the paint is good. Don't want to repaint it but will if I have too.

At least u have that ability to repaint it, I am mainly just hoping the tailoring of the costume does not suffer the same fate as the Batman Arkham PF and thus, is not droopy or saggy.:horror

Unfortunately I had to cancel this one as the Conan Fury of the beast dio converted for me. With an ES of 3k I'm hoping to pick this up later. I was fortunate to get the Supes comic PF last week so I can wait on this one. I want to see some good pics of this one when it comes out.

probably b/c they still haven't finished shipping their Comic Superman PFs :lol like mine :monkey2

:mad:

I will be happy to put MoS next to comic Supes on a shelf. It will complete my pf collection, at least for a long, long time. I'm not opposed to getting more statues/figures. I'm just being much more picky these days.

I will probably have 3 pf's shipping to me in August, if I don't get my comic supes until then.

Last edited:
:mad:

I will be happy to put MoS next to comic Supes on a shelf. It will complete my pf collection, at least for a long, long time. I'm not opposed to getting more statues/figures. I'm just being much more picky these days.

I will probably have 3 pf's shipping to me in August, if I don't get my comic supes until then.

Couldn't agree with you more BG :D :1-1:

I hope you get your Comic Supes PF soon- I got mine last night and he's AMAZING. Definitely a terrific piece to any collection.

Back