Sideshow Superman Man Of Steel Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was there a seam? Do you have pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sideshow-superman-man-of-steel-9-599x800.png

man_of_steel_by_trevorgrove-d68ohmr.jpg

The sculpt is awesome when viewed straight on, but something is seriously off with the side profile.

I hope they make the material the cape is made more lighter so that it drapes down more fluidly. The material on the proto seems a bit thick, like the material SS used on the Older Jedi Robes, the ones we had to do the "Water trick" to make it look better".

with the wire(s) looking to run all around the edges, the only way you'll get a natural looking drape will be some hardcore futzing or get a custom cape...only thing I'll be changing will be the sculpt paint apps

with the wire(s) looking to run all around the edges, the only way you'll get a natural looking drape will be some hardcore futzing or get a custom cape...only thing I'll be changing will be the sculpt paint apps

What types of paints would you use?

Wow. Incredible work. I may give it a shot. What types of brushes do you recommend?

Great pics Snoop, Trevor really nailed the jaw shape on this, Hot Toys one is totally wrong.

I disagree. The HT sculpt is about as perfect as it gets, It looks just like Henry. SS did a great job too, just not quite as good.

I had both ordered but cancelled the HT. There was just something off about it to me. I don't think it was the face, more like the body.

Wow. Incredible work. I may give it a shot. What types of brushes do you recommend?

I personally use cheap brushes from Micheal's Arts and Craft :lol plus you get a 40% off coupon everyweek :lol Not these exactly but they look similar. Make sure you get ones that say they are for Acrylics though. They'll have all purpose brushes then some specifically for Acrylics, water colors, oils etc.

mnWzD2BZE88-Qi6uiFF-A_g.jpg

I disagree. The HT sculpt is about as perfect as it gets, It looks just like Henry. SS did a great job too, just not quite as good.

Yes it is but I think Trevor got the jaw shape right, Hot Toys Jaw shape is too round, other than that the Hot Toys sculpt is pretty much perfect as I think it captured the core likeness of Cavill.

Last edited:
I personally use cheap brushes from Micheal's Arts and Craft :lol plus you get a 40% off coupon everyweek :lol Not these exactly but they look similar. Make sure you get ones that say they are for Acrylics though. They'll have all purpose brushes then some specifically for Acrylics, water colors, oils etc.

mnWzD2BZE88-Qi6uiFF-A_g.jpg

Okay cool. Those are actually the ones I have, they are from Michaels too. :lol

Okay cool. Those are actually the ones I have, they are from Michaels too. :lol

:lol coolbeans. the only kind I was stress on spending a bit of extra $$ on would be the finer brush(es) that I use for painting eyes. I think I paid almost $15 for the one that I always use for eyes, whereas I only paid like max $5 for the pack similar to what's in that pic I psoted. I'm going to have to buy another one soon too

Really impressed with this MOS statue from the prototype pics! There isn't any Exclusive for this?

On one hand, I'm kinda relieved cos that means I can just get the reg from a local retailer, which would be much cheaper but on the other, it would be nicer to have an Ex version. Haha

Back