Sideshow Superman Man Of Steel Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More pics in good light :clap

1223.jpg

1224.jpg

1225.jpg

1228.jpg

1227.jpg

U9EvpR.jpg

m07kK3.jpg

Fu4IEM.jpg

These are of course quite similar. It's amazing what a slight tilt of the lamp can do to the lighting and the tints the camera pics up... not sure which I like best.

Last edited:
why does he look dusty or something? like he got grey hair and suit look old instead of glossy.
they should've make the symbol and boot solid red instead of making every part of the uniform mesh-like

Fu4IEM.jpg

Just a little reflection from the lamp light in a darkened room. If you look at the shots of the prototype from SDCC 2013 you'll see the same effect from the harsh florescent lighting. I'm not using a diffuser here, just my trusty desk lamp...

M81QrvS.gif

As for the design of the suit, I guess you'll have to take that up with Zack Snyder :lol.

Last edited:
Just a little reflection from the lamp light in a darkened room. If you look at the shots of the prototype from SDCC 2013 you'll see the same effect from the harsh florescent lighting. I'm not using a diffuser here, just my trusty desk lamp...

Great photo QuiGonFishing, thank's for sharing it us :) Look's good with the darkened background & there is nothing wrong with using what you have available to take the photo, lighting wise I mean :)

Thanks Matt!

As you can tell, my approach is strictly make-shift. Black blanket barely concealing the couch behind it, balancing my table lamp on a U-Haul shipping box and a pool cue holding up the cape! I guess creativity is really borne from necessity... Cheers!

Pretty resourceful to get the shot Quigon. :)
I like it man. Gives a pretty good representation of how the suit's colors look like in person.

Thanks guys! I appreciate the comments very much!

Marker, I may be able to pull off a descent shot now and then, but I can't get to the Proto level of awesome. That paint job is just way too good.

But the point of all of this is, the sculpt is there, folks. I think the issue is that the SSC in house artisans used a lot of detailed shading and care in their work to highlight the detail in Trevor's sculpt on the Proto. You can get somewhere near that effect if you take a lot of care in the lighting, because the topography is there even if the factory paint job is a little flat...

Oh, and the other point is that the SSC staff photographers should be flogged:
c10image.jpg

Last edited:
Back