Sideshow Superman Man Of Steel Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are my shots...

DSC_0394.JPG
DSC_0396.JPG
DSC_0395.JPG
DSC_0397.JPG

At least there's 20% off code: sup3r14. Even SS admitted that this piece only worths 300 bucks.

At least there's 20% off code: sup3r14. Even SS admitted that this piece only worths 300 bucks.

I just tried and it won't let you use it... your sure that's not for another Superman item?

I would of been surprised if it worked, because people who paid full price would be pissed the statue was now 20% cheaper..

I just tried and it won't let you use it... your sure that's not for another Superman item?

I would of been surprised if it worked, because people who paid full price would be pissed the statue was now 20% cheaper..

It only works for the Man of steel HT. I checked.

Oops, sorry, didn't check. My bad.

We always new that the head sculpt was a two piece proposition, whether polystone or PVC. Recall this shot of the proto in production sneek peak. Is this the seam line you're referring to?

sideshowsupermanmano.png

Oh yeah how could I forget that, especially since I saved those pics on my computer. :slap

Mine looks exactly like this one. Anybody else has this on theirs?

They are all like that, and that is another reason why polystone statue collectors are pissed off with this statue.

Another great set of pictures Gonzo! :clap

I might cave and buy this if I can get it cheap, since I know I would buy this if it was a 1/4 scale figure made by Hot Toys, because this is how the suit would look on a Hot Toy's figure and I would be fine with it.

That is misleading to say that the head shot should have given away what this is made of or how it would be made. We all assumed it was getting light-up heat vision for an EX when that shot was put up, and that they scrapped the idea for an EX before PO.

ETA: So basically, since this was a WIP shot, they knew it would be PVC even before it went up for PO.

That is misleading to say that the head shot should have given away what this is made of or how it would be made.

No I think people were just explaining why you see that split on the proto head on the SDCC video because Gonzo thought the split in the head was the seam that is on his PVC sculpt, and thus, thought that was proof that the proto was made out of PVC as well.

We all assumed it was getting light-up heat vision for an EX when that shot was put up, and that they scrapped the idea for an EX before PO.

How would that work exactly? Like would it be the same sculpt but swappable eyes?

No I think people were just explaining why you see that split on the proto head on the SDCC video because Gonzo thought the split in the head was the seam that is on his PVC sculpt, and thus, thought that was proof that the proto was made out of PVC as well.

How would that work exactly? Like would it be the same sculpt but swappable eyes?

The thinking from that shot was no back because of the battery. There was no other explanation why the back of the head was missing. Then when the PO came, people said it was just camera angle that made it look like the back half was missing.

The thinking from that shot was no back because of the battery. There was no other explanation why the back of the head was missing.

Hmm interesting, I guess they might of thought about doing that then scratched that idea. :dunno

Then when the PO came, people said it was just camera angle that made it look like the back half was missing.

WTF seriously? Never underestimate the power of denial.

Hmm interesting, I guess they might of thought about doing that then scratched that idea. :dunno

WTF seriously? Never underestimate the power of denial.

No, I think it is pretty evident it was always going to be PVC, hence why no back half to that sculpt. It was all just speculation that we were getting an EX, and that the open half of the head was all the 'proof' anyone needed that they were going 'light up eyes'. Clearly SS was never going in that direction, all forum gossip/speculation.

Yeah, definitley denial when there was no EX as to why the pic looked that way. Of course nobody was guessing Plastic Figure at the time.

No, I think it is pretty evident it was always going to be PVC, hence why no back half to that sculpt. It was all just speculation that we were getting an EX, and that the open half of the head was all the 'proof' anyone needed that they were going 'light up eyes'. Clearly SS was never going in that direction, all forum gossip/speculation.

Yeah, definitley denial when there was no EX as to why the pic looked that way. Of course nobody was guessing Plastic Figure at the time.

But you just said in your first sentence that it was pretty evident that it was going to be PVC, since there was no back half of the sculpt. So doesn't that mean people would of guessed it was going to be a plastic figure at the time?

But you just said in your first sentence that it was pretty evident that it was going to be PVC, since there was no back half of the sculpt. So doesn't that mean people would of guessed it was going to be a plastic figure at the time?

I'm saying SS knew what it was going to be made out of given how they were putting it together. This wasn't some last minute suprise for them, given this shot was taken prior to the PO.

People were saying it was a camera angle making it look like it had no back half. No reason to think PVC. It made sense to think it was camera angle or scrapped EX.

I'm saying SS knew what it was going to be made out of given how they were putting it together. This wasn't some last minute suprise for them, given this shot was taken prior to the PO.

Oh yeah it was evident to them but not to us.

People were saying it was a camera angle making it look like it had no back half. No reason to think PVC. It made sense to think it was camera angle or scrapped EX.

I honestly don't get how they can look at the last two pictures of this set and seriously believe that is all it was.

10xeie0.jpg

Back