Sideshow Superman Man Of Steel Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's creative stuff there. A keeper for sure, congrats.

I printed a couple of Backdrops.
I had a few that were more of a MOS posters, but for now, I kinda settled for this snow scene
to Re-enact the Snowy mountain First flight scene.
Kinda looked like he landed at some rocky areas and about to take flight again.

Has anybody asked if the one in the SCC was polystone or PVC? I was trying to look at the photos for some seams & it's tough. I can however see the head on some videos showing the seam.

Has anybody asked if the one in the SCC was polystone or PVC? I was trying to look at the photos for some seams & it's tough. I can however see the head on some videos showing the seam.

Man Sideshow already said they changed the polystone proto to PVC for mass production, so you can't debate this. Other than that it is just plain obvious. Where in the video does it show the seam?

Man Sideshow already said they changed the polystone proto to PVC for mass production, so you can't debate this. Other than that it is just plain obvious. Where in the video does it show the seam?

Thanks. If you look online on you tube. There are some videos at the SCC and they are recording in front & over above the glass & I can see the same seam on mine. The head seam lines up with the neck. There are about 3 videos on you tube. Let me know if you saw it. See it in the best settings when watching video.

Starts around .24 seconds. You can see a line on the head. Mine is like that & then curves down to the neck.

I do sort of see a line on the head but it's hard to tell from that distance if that is a seam or just part of the head they sculpted. Unless we have a closer look we can't tell if the "seam" runs all the way down to the neck, like your one does or this one in the pic below does.

attachment.php

Last edited:
There's defiantly a seam on the side of his head, but If you look at it closely the middle of the seam seems to fade away, so I think it really comes down to the factory on if they sanded it down properly before painting over it, in order to hide it, because on some peoples MOS you can't see it but on others you can.

We always new that the head sculpt was a two piece proposition, whether polystone or PVC. Recall this shot of the proto in production sneek peak. Is this the seam line you're referring to?

sideshowsupermanmano.png

Last edited:
We always new that the head sculpt was a two piece proposition, whether polystone or PVC. Recall this shot of the proto in production sneek peak:

sideshowsupermanmano.png

Correct... I was just sharing, because I'm not sure any more. First time I called about the issue the reps I deal with didn't know what it was made of and had me e-mail them the question.

I do sort of see a line on the head but it's hard to tell from that distance if that is a seam or just part of the head they sculpted. Unless we have a closer look we can't tell if the "seam" runs all the way down to the neck, like your one does or this one in the pic below does.

attachment.php

Mine looks exactly like this one. Anybody else has this on theirs?

Its there. It shows up under close examination (and especially on close-up photography), but it certainly doesn't hit you in the face just looking at the piece. And if yours or anyone else's DOES smack them in the face as obvious when looking at him, I'd ship that one back to the manufacturer and ask for a replacement...

Back