Premium Format Sideshow Sucker Punch BABYDOLL PF!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a mixed media guy so this is much more desirable then the solid sculpt GG one.

I just talked with a local Canadian retailer about this. I should be good to go!:yess:

More Sucker Punch is always welcome!

Pose and costume detail should be interesting when the reveal comes up. I'm not a fan of Sideshow's face sculpt based on this preview though. The eyes and eyebrows particularly are very cartoonish and look more like they belong on a Lara Croft statue. GG got much closer with their digitally-scanned features, and all it would take to make their Baby Doll look utterly dead-on for Emily is a subtle makeover.

Crazy eye syndrome is always a worry with Sideshow too, so fingers crossed the HK factory gets it right with this one.
that's what i feel, it's not just that it's not an accurate potrait of emily, it's also somewhat cartoonish. sideshow has done too many comic book ladies and very rarely a realistic one, and it shows. to me this pf looks like it belongs to the marvel ladies comiquette/pf line. GG on the other has more experience with sculpting realistic ladies, and some turned out great(slave leia comes to mind).

btw, the pose remind me of this alias proto fig from sota:

_00153254.jpg

i favor good old fashioned hand sculpting over scanning, but in the end, what matters is final result. if GG doent think they're capable of sculpting realistic faces the old fashioned way, then i dont see anything wrong with them scanning.

maybe sideshow should seriously consider going that route too judging by their track records with realistic characters.

Whoa! April is still a good 4 months away!! What was SS thinking?

That apart, more Babydoll stuff is always wehcome. I'm loving the pose and real fabric bits n pieces but the sculpt is not appealing like GG's. Its Emily Browning alright but something's off. Maybe a bit too puffed I guess. :dunno

A preview is meant to.....well, pre-view of things to come and what we should be expecting. And if this is how its gonna be then its a pass for me. Last minute updates and changes can be done but I doubt SS rarely does that. Anyways here's hoping they don't screw up; she's too cute for that!!

Cheers,
Neo.

Though true for a lot of the film, I'd have to disagree that she never had distinct angry expressions at all during the movie. There were occasions...

2011_sucker_punch_036-532x247.jpg

Yup. Through the actions scenes Baby had other expressions other than depressed.

I'm glad Sideshow went with what I see as a "determined" expression.

Doubt it would be much. People prefer sculpt 1:4 over cloth.

I prefer mixed media over fully sculpted 1/4. :wave

She has eyes?

:dunno

Sculpt 1:4 is so last year.

:lol

I'm going on vacation :wave

Dave's banning you in April? ;)

Who me? No way. I even had a fellow freak send me some dirty pictures via text message :yess:

All is well my friend :)

:lol

You'll have to take my word for it, they are yummy delicious, highly pleasing to the senses :lecture

Back