Premium Format Sideshow Sucker Punch BABYDOLL PF!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think since the fabric is new and pressed, you just need to ruffle up the skirt a little to get it to how you want it to flow for the most part, hopefully.

And.. is it safe to say SSC has the superior face sculpt when comparing the two together?

Ive put together a quick collage SSC's BD, movie BD, and GG's BD. Which face sculpt do you prefer?

449410-kkkkk_zps878e5a91.jpg

I think the concerns have always been is-she-going-to-look-like-a-crosseyed-inbred-mutation. The statue itself has always looked impressive. But concerns about the paint, details and would it come together without major flaws are legit.

I'm looking forward to compare them side by side once she arrives though, and I'm super happy that it looks like it's a super nice piece.

Yep. Looks much better than the GG statue though honestly I've always thought the GG Baby Doll had a terrible looking headsculpt.

Yep me too. It was terrible but was not exact. I guess it was GG first sp statue. But sweet pea they nail that one perfectly. I just can't see a better one to top that one for a long long time.

my order says shipping soon, does that mean my early processing request got through? never got an email response back though.

silly to compare the two in my opinion. the expressions are completely different. what you prefer will most likely be based on that rather than the actual sculpts.

The GG babydoll is a homerun in every sense of the word and the selling price on ebay is proof of that.

The SS version looks to be steller as well and I look forward to adding it to the collection.

Yep me too. It was terrible but was not exact. I guess it was GG first sp statue. But sweet pea they nail that one perfectly. I just can't see a better one to top that one for a long long time.

I honestly don't get all the praise for the Sweetpea GG face sculpt. Yes the statue is amazing, but I've been watching Abbey Cornish since she was a teenager on Australian TV and that sculpt looks nothing like her.

Looks like maybe since it's a transfer SS might not send you an early email. I know the excitement is building. A few more days we should both get this by the reg shipment. :wave

You are more patient than me. :)

What do you think about the paint on this one?
I think it turned out great. Very excited indeed.

I honestly don't get all the praise for the Sweetpea GG face sculpt. Yes the statue is amazing, but I've been watching Abbey Cornish since she was a teenager on Australian TV and that sculpt looks nothing like her.
Can't agree more, the mainly sp GG's selling point is the outfit, the faces are totally strangers to me.

Last edited:
the expressions are completely different. what you prefer will most likely be based on that rather than the actual sculpts.

Of course theyre different. Anyone with a set of eyes and a sense of distinguishability can see which one has the most accurate depiction of Emily Browning. I dont know how it couldnt be anymore clearer between the two?

The GG babydoll is a homerun in every sense of the word and the selling price on ebay is proof of that.

That's because GG's Babydoll was the only one made on the market and it had a low edition size. If the rest of the girls had the same edition size as babydoll, they would go for around the same ball park in price.
Now if Babydoll was a higher edition size and not the only one on the market it wouldnt sell as nearly as high as it does now.

I'm willing to bet, now that there's another Baby doll on the market with an accurate depiction of Emily Brownings face, that the price may possibly drop on GG's babydoll. Collectors have another option, instead of spending $900 or more on something that quite frankly does not look like Emily Browning. All GG's babydoll has got going for it is the superbly, fine detail on the sculpt itself. That's it.

Last edited:
my order says shipping soon, does that mean my early processing request got through? never got an email response back though.

Might want to check. I submitted mine on Friday, I never got an email response back but I did get a shipping notification like right away.

Back