Sideshow Stormtrooper 12" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had hoped to sculpt a head underneath both helms, but alas. I did get to sculpt all the armor on both of these...digitally! :chew:chew:chew

I hope you all like them...and buy them!
Oluf

Wait a minute...I did sculpt a portrait to go under a helm...oh, that's right it wasn't for either of these SW characters...I can't wait until those two come out too!!!! They will be just as awesome! The guys at SS will do just as amazing a job on those as well!

I use two programs...FreeForm Modeling Plus (FF) and Zbrush. Zbrush is fantastic for extreme detail but cumbersome for setting up outputs. FF is especially effective for most things but lacks the ability to deal with extreme detail. The meshes are really bizarre in FF though. FF creates mostly Tris. I prefer the Quads that Zbrush and Mudbox make. I have started several sculpts in FF that I later went back and retopologized in Zbrush and it worked out amazingly well! It isn't required to change the topology before sculpting in Zbrush using Tris, I just do it to fix other issues with the Tris.

I can't talk about the head sculpts that ended up under the helms I sculpted, but I promise that they will be very popular.:naughty
Oluf

Those sculpts are truly some of my favorites! The unique character, physiognomy and detail allowed for a ton of fun!
Oluf

What!? Headsculpts under the helmets! Excellent!

Underneath helmets, but not these two. Some others...he,he,he.
Oluf

Oh behave Oluf! :whip :chew

:lol

dont know why so many people on this board are obsessed with ST's height? There was not one group of ST have the same height thru out ANH. some short, some medium, and some tall.

dont know why so many people on this board are obsessed with ST's height? There was not one group of ST have the same height thru out ANH. some short, some medium, and some tall.

Maybe so, but that doesn't mean I want my Stormie to be dwarfed by ANH Luke like by Medi-sandtrooper is.

I've checked back about 10 pages or so, and was wondering if its started yet? I'm wondering if anyone has done any photo comparisons to the Medicom Stormtrooper yet? I waited and need to know which one is better to purchase :horror Also I plan on getting the Medicom Han Solo so maybe I should just stick to those, so that they stay in scale.

I've checked back about 10 pages or so, and was wondering if its started yet? I'm wondering if anyone has done any photo comparisons to the Medicom Stormtrooper yet? I waited and need to know which one is better to purchase :horror Also I plan on getting the Medicom Han Solo so maybe I should just stick to those, so that they stay in scale.

Without the figure in hand your not going to find any accurate photo comparisons. Both Medi's and SS's look great but if your planning on displaying your SW stuff together and scale is an issue then plan on the SS Stormie dwarfing Medi Han.

Without the figure in hand your not going to find any accurate photo comparisons. Both Medi's and SS's look great but if your planning on displaying your SW stuff together and scale is an issue then plan on the SS Stormie dwarfing Medi Han.

True unless I put them on separate shelves :naughty (say if I own a detolf)

a comparison is not needed. Buy the one that goes with the rest your figures.

It's weird, as much as I fretted for a SSC storm trooper, I am more excited for the Rebel Fleet Trooper. I ordered two, but I still want to see some action poses. He almost looked too much like the Hasbro OTC 12 inch storm trooper, sans the helmet sculpt.

I am really looking forward to the PPO for this figure on Friday as much as I am the one for Vader. And even though I have already maxed out my order for these guys. I want to get a look at that exclusive blaster!

Not as worried about the PPO on this one... seems like the ES for the exclusive will be pretty high. Especially if you can order 2 of them.

if SST can live up to the Stormtrooper prototype, it will definitely rank up among their best Star Wars offerings to date... i wasn't expecting them to come close to Medicom's version let alone possibly surpassing it.

Back