Sideshow Starcraft Kerrigan Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think people have it backwards. A good picture can make anything look better but if it looks bad it's probably going to show more flaws in a lesser picture. It doesn't matter if it's a person, animal, house or statue. But like Monger said if it really looks good it's going to look good in any photo regardless of lighting, camera, etc. That's why I like to see the cell phone photos of statues before I get mine. It's harder to hide the defects in those types of pictures.

Yeah.

On the flip side, I hate seeing highly shopped pictures with ideal lighting and tons of editing. It's why I never take promotional images seriously.

Yeah.

On the flip side, I hate seeing highly shopped pictures with ideal lighting and tons of editing. It's why I never take promotional images seriously.

Yeah, photos are a difficult topic. I mean, making something look great in a photo is one thing, and the actual subject of the photo looking great is another. I thought of this post because I recently saw this on my FB feed. Being in the aquarium hobby, it's really easy to think your aquarium isn't up to snuff, after seeing online pics. Then you see what goes on behind the scenes for those pics.... 1005031_924793110908426_6033203444661577574_n.jpg

I just got mine today, so happy SS used foam corners between the art and shipping box. I had/have an issue getting one of my wings in, the right wing I cant seem to get to go in her back. I tried for a bit and then decided to just put it away before I break it and give it a go tomorrow when I am not as exhausted. All the pics of her on here look great and as a statue she looks great. I will say that this doesn't give me the queen of blades vibe the way I would like but the statue is extremely well done but I would greatly prefer the clenched fists kinda hunched preparing to strike evil grin over the sexy model pose for Kerri but I am sure this is the only statue of her and I will opt to keep her I just need to get her set up.

No idea how to put her RIGHT side in, i cant connect the wing tip to the base its like 1/2 inch off...

nvm shes not as fragile as i thought, tough statue XD

1) she seems to be asking for an easy 1k now.

2) with the wing fitting into her back. Look at the hole and then the peg, I had to dremel off a decent amount of dried/clumped paint so make it go in all the way.

1) she seems to be asking for an easy 1k now.

2) with the wing fitting into her back. Look at the hole and then the peg, I had to dremel off a decent amount of dried/clumped paint so make it go in all the way.

You did what :horror

One of the wings seemed to have a small clump of dried up paint on the part that inserts into her back. Due to the clump, it did not go in all the way. So I dremeled/grinded/shaved the clump away until it sat nice and flush.

Finally opened mine up and she's quite a beauty. One of the most pleasant surprises from sideshow. Anyone here have this and the Raynor figure on display together? Thinking of getting Raynor to pair with this.
image.jpg

1) Raynor is 1/6, this is 1/5
2) Based on what I have seen/read. Raynor doesnt seem to be worth 400 as a figure.

Thanks guys. Yeah I havent been able to see it. But I guess I'll just wait for Blizzard to release one since they're handling their own merch now.

There's a wait list conversion flying around. I just denied it for personal reasons. Check your in boxes!

Last edited:
Actually, this works nicely with the Tychus statue which Sideshow made for Blizzard.

Thanks guys. Yeah I havent been able to see it. But I guess I'll just wait for Blizzard to release one since they're handling their own merch now.

Has anything been announced etc? Where can i find more about this?

I finally got my replacement and it all fits together. My original thoughts still stand with this statue overall. such a nice piece

I would also like to see Raynor side by side if anyone has. I dont think he is worth 400 and he didn't sell out so he will be on discount soon

I'm really glad I decided to get her when I did. Part of my calculus was the rising prices and now seeing the $500 price point hit on some of the recent releases I feel like getting her was a steal.

Back