Sideshow Starcraft Kerrigan Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More pics!

D1d1Xhm.jpg

PLDbCnX.jpg

YYJNVge.jpg

AD4LXua.jpg

She arrived finally. She looks beautiful, but I cannot for the life of me get get wings to fit into the horns on the base. I'm too scared to try to force them in.

I spent a good two hours trying to get them to fit into the rock base and no success. Only thing I managed to do was chip off a small piece of one of the rocks.

I can see the merit to this kind of connection. If it works it will look seamless, but man the way it is designed is so precise that it leaves no room for error, which is not a very sound plan for something mass produced. I might just give up entirely on trying to fit the wings in. I'm afraid of causing even more scratches or, even worse, snapping one of the wings in half.

Other than that she's fantastic.

I have yet to see a bad picture of her. It's funny, you always hear people defending a "bad" statue because of crappy lighting/camera, etc, but when a statue is great, it clearly doesn't matter so much :)

I have yet to see a bad picture of her. It's funny, you always hear people defending a "bad" statue because of crappy lighting/camera, etc, but when a statue is great, it clearly doesn't matter so much :)

The pictures make the statue thing has always been bs. There is a small influence lighting and such will have, but a good statue is going to be pretty obvious no matter what picture.

That being said I've completely given up and fitting Kerrigan's wings to the rock :( Now they just sit to the sides.

The pictures make the statue thing has always been bs. There is a small influence lighting and such will have, but a good statue is going to be pretty obvious no matter what picture.

That being said I've completely given up and fitting Kerrigan's wings to the rock :( Now they just sit to the sides.

Give a medal to this man. Quality of pics and lighting surely change the details, but overall you can usually tell even from a crappy pic when a statue is good or bad.

Give a medal to this man. Quality of pics and lighting surely change the details, but overall you can usually tell even from a crappy pic when a statue is good or bad.

Hey, he agreed with me... don't I get the medal? :D

I'm embarrassed to even post pictures with all the professional photographers on here ha ha. Great looking photos y'all. I'm gonna have to step up my game. Kerrigan looks amazing! I love it when there's next to nothing to complain about. My wings went in the rocks no problem. Her front foot doesn't go all the way in the base though but it's not even noticeable. Next to Machiko which would be hard to beat this is my second favorite statue this year. IMG_0439.JPGIMG_0440.JPGIMG_0441.JPGIMG_0442.JPGIMG_0443.jpg

I think people have it backwards. A good picture can make anything look better but if it looks bad it's probably going to show more flaws in a lesser picture. It doesn't matter if it's a person, animal, house or statue. But like Monger said if it really looks good it's going to look good in any photo regardless of lighting, camera, etc. That's why I like to see the cell phone photos of statues before I get mine. It's harder to hide the defects in those types of pictures.

Back