Sideshow Starcraft Kerrigan Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
personally I'm glad the point is more evened out. I thought highlighting her assets was a little tacky and sexified her but now she actually looks a little more sinister and a lot less pinup. That's win for this character

but popcultacha says januray 2016

That may be for them but sideshow has already sent out the 2-4 week email. I got the same email 2 weeks ago for my Deadpool 1/6th figure and he ships tomorrow. I'm not saying it will happen exactly like that but it's definitely a possibility she'll be shipping in two weeks.

Thing is, she doesn't have that huge contrast pink/red shading between her chest and butt and the rest of her body in any game representation of her across multiple Starcraft games and Heroes of the Storm. .

so that's not pink to you?
latest

so that's not pink to you?
latest

I've explained it before, but it seems like I'll explain it again. Your picture is tiny, but regardless, here's the explanation again.

Kerrigan is uniformly shaded. Her chest and butt are not a different color from the rest of her body in ANY in-game or cinematic depiction of her. Most people familiar with her in Starcraft or Heroes of the Storm would realize this as some others have mentioned before in this thread.

Heres some more pictorial help for you.

sarah_kerrigan___queen_of_blades_by_pokeyourwaffle-d5xz150.png

Body color is uniform.

sarah_kerrigan___hots_7_by_erenor-d5y0134.jpg

Body color is uniform.

HoS_kerrigan_hero_hd.jpg

Body color is uniform.

sarah_kerrigan__queen_of_blades_by_mr__jack-d7b1xl8.jpg

Body color is uniform.

Now for the production statue.

starcraft-2-kerrigan-queen-of-blades-statue-blizzard-200312-02.jpg

Body color is uniform.

starcraft-2-kerrigan-queen-of-blades-statue-blizzard-200312-06.jpg

Body color is uniform.

Now for the prototype. Her chest is a different color. It stands out, and is totally inaccurate to any in-game or cinematic depiction of her as I've stated many times before, which I guess you've ignored.

200312_press15.jpg

Body color is inconsistent. Breasts are too red and over emphasized.

200312_press06.jpg

Butt is too red/pink. Is a different color from body. Over-emphasized.

It is obvious that the coloring of the production statue is better. Please don't post any more messages trying to state otherwise. It is overwhelmingly obvious.

Wow that was very convincing. Thank you for the post. What do you think of her face? Would you say it is accurate to the original character? I think it's a bit off myself.

Her face is less clear cut for me with only the new pictures to go by. To my eyes the general base color of her face is more accurate. That yellow seems more true to in game art than the more pale white, especially for this non-primal version of her. Once she went primal in Heart of the Swarm her body became deep purple and her face more white.

I really like these two of her production face:

starcraft-2-kerrigan-queen-of-blades-statue-blizzard-200312-07.jpg

starcraft-2-kerrigan-queen-of-blades-statue-blizzard-200312-08.jpg

Versus these two:

starcraft-2-kerrigan-queen-of-blades-statue-blizzard-200312-02.jpg

starcraft-2-kerrigan-queen-of-blades-statue-blizzard-200312-03.jpg

Though mainly I think the issue with the last two is I can't make out her iris' in that resolution, which makes it look off. In the closer images I think her face is great. Accuracy-wise without more closeups or in-hands, I'm simply happier its less geisha-white-ish.

Also, usually eyes on statues look better from a distance and their flaws show more in closeups, and it's the opposite here for me, which kind of makes me think they'll look just fine in-hand.

sry dude but you are confused between the queen of blades and primal kerrigan.

But regardless of the contrast, she has shades of pink on her skin which is absent from this statue.. disapointing

No. Kerrigan is always body color + zerg chrysalis color. Kerrigan is never body color + contrasting red baboon ass/chest + zerg chrysalis color. This is true of primal and non-primal. It's true of in-game and in cinematics. It's even true of the images you've linked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH9rEjS2O0w

Kerrigan from Heroes. Consistent body color. No baboon butt/chest.

https://youtu.be/rgatL2LQKLI?t=194

From Wings of Liberty. Consistent body color. No baboon butt/chest. Noticing a trend here? She ranges from appearing as completely deep purple to appearing completely pinkish red, but she never has contrasting baboon butt.

The prototype has contrasting baboon butt -> inaccurate -> worse.
The production piece has consistent color shading -> accurate -> better.

To me, the more pink she is, the less menacing she looks. I prefer the darker shades of purple she sometimes appears as, or the burnt red coloration this statue is, which, lets be honest, is how she looks most of the time.

Too pink and she looks like this awful Chinese thing:

BoL0YYI.jpg

But, even then, at that bleeding edge level of crap quality, and lack of care by its creators, it STILL is consistent. Body color + zerg chrysalis color. No contrast between body and chest.

well i just shown you 2 pics from wings of liberty where she has pink, and has a contrast between her assets and the rest of her body (while i don't really care about that contrast thing) but whatever dude...

lovely spat and all but I feel like this is the only Kerrigan anybody is getting for a while, maybe ever

Yeah, I'd bet you are right on that one. Really looking forward to getting that shipment notification email. Kind of psyched myself up for it.

This is one piece that I never actually truly expected to waitlist before release. When I saw it go waitlist I kind of expected it to go back to in stock a day or two later but it's been waitlisted for a couple months now? And it took my waitlist 3-4 weeks to convert. I definitely saw this being in stock after it started shipping like the other blizzard pieces.

Blizzard are creating their own statues now so there won't be any more created by sideshow

Yeah this one seems to be waitlisted or sold out preorder stock everywhere for a while. With Arthas selling for above $1k and Diablo going for hundreds over retail I think anyone who isn't currently on waitlist for Kerrigan or has a preorder may find themselves shelling out $$$$$ on the 2nd hand market if its something they have to have in the future.

Back