1/6 Sideshow Star Wars Scout Trooper 1/6th Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's really amazing is that collectors here can organize a lynch mob over some small inane inaccuracy on a character... yet at the same time demand that a make-believe Hasbro item be included.

"Oh the snowtrooper's gloves are a milimeter too big... but I love the Hasbro rifle!"

True, but just sayin'..

..& SSC seem to tip their hat to Hasbro on the odd occasion or two, so mentioning that is actually topical in a sense. :)

That's true too. But you can't seriously compare Sideshow's willingness to pander to collectors nostalgia (for KENNER figures rather than Hasbro, actually) to some weird quirk of LFL pandering to Lucas' insanity.

I guess now that the PT / clone hype has somewhat subsided - & the possibility that Disney have flat out binned the premise anyway, there's probably not nearly as much reason to perpetuate that Jango thing anymore.

I guess now that the PT / clone hype has somewhat subsided - & the possibility that Disney have flat out binned the premise anyway, there's probably not nearly as much reason to perpetuate that Jango thing anymore.

Didn't you know that there is six degrees of separation from Jango and everybody else in the Star Wars universe? Live with it. :lecture

:lol

I don't really care that much, because I enjoy the aspects of SW that resonate with me (as is the case with many others out there), but I'd certainly prefer my high end 1/6 scale Imperial troops to be of nondescript origin really.

OT never had clones. In ANH it was mentioned the Clone Wars and that was it. No need for Jango head under the Scout helmet.

In the EU they explained why clones were not used past the Clone Wars. The Clones themselves were only good for a few years at time before they went crazy and became useless.

They were useful because you could raise a large number of soldiers quickly but they were never meant to hold territory only win it. After the Clone Wars were over the Empire went back to normal human recruitment.

I always found the Jango thing in the OT pushed by Lucas BS:rotfl

What's really amazing is that collectors here can organize a lynch mob over some small inane inaccuracy on a character... yet at the same time demand that a make-believe Hasbro item be included.

"Oh the snowtrooper's gloves are a milimeter too big... but I love the Hasbro rifle!"

Yes, cause the Kenner rifle is make believe unlike the real life Snow troopers you must have running around nutville. :lol

I think of Hasbro (blame Hasbro) because its the company that went hog-wild on the mass repeats and extending the line well beyond what most people could keep up with.

I guess I enjoyed the hobby with Kenner... and then lost my taste for it with Hasbro.

Back