1/6 Sideshow Star Wars Scout Trooper 1/6th Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's not even a rumor, just fantasy. Has not happened, will never happen. Hot Toys simply doesn't have the clout nor worldwide reach to handle this license, let alone the design and development capacity. I hope this is the last time I have to point out the obvious, Hot Toys and Sideshow are partners, and Hot Toys would be nowhere without Sideshow's promotion, distribution and sub-licensing.

If we're lucky, we may see a Han DX in 2015, but I expect that to be all until another special DX release. Even this is based on speculation by an well-informed board member - it's by no means guaranteed, let alone shedding any light on timeframe.

QFT

Seriosuly, thank you. I keep saying that as well. People need a reality check because their imaginations and hopes are running rampant, saying things like "meh this looks okay, but HT will do it better." Yeah, hard to improve upon a fig when there are no plans of doing it in the first place.

if half of the collectors hate ss so much then don't buy any more. and just keep liven the pipe dream of hot toys doing all the figures over again. like they said they are working together which will make there products that much better for every one of us

Looks better in this shot from mwctoys.com:

sdcc2014_sideshow_113.jpg

Yeah, looks excellent here :rock :rock :rock I'm definitely not an expert on the Scout Troopers, but it looks really good to me. Now let's box it up and get it shipped :rock

My guess based on all their other releases is, "not likely." Will it be up for pre-order by that time? Maybe by Feb, with delivery sometime later in 2015.

That's not even a rumor, just fantasy. Has not happened, will never happen. Hot Toys simply doesn't have the clout nor worldwide reach to handle this license, let alone the design and development capacity. I hope this is the last time I have to point out the obvious, Hot Toys and Sideshow are partners, and Hot Toys would be nowhere without Sideshow's promotion, distribution and sub-licensing.

If we're lucky, we may see a Han DX in 2015, but I expect that to be all until another special DX release. Even this is based on speculation by an well-informed board member - it's by no means guaranteed, let alone shedding any light on timeframe.

Here is the problem as I see it.......................

You're convinced that HT and SS are partners, HOWEVER nothing has been factualy indicated to suggest a partnership by either companies. Infact the only true fact that has been publicly stated was by Hot Toys themselves advising that they have aquired the license for 1/6- 1/4 scale figures.

Whether there will be a mutual shared interest I have no idea, I am only going by what was actually mentioned by the respective companies.

I dont presume to suggest that SS wont have rights to make certain products (1:1 busts, PF's) who knows. I am excited to know that HT will now be in the 1/6 market officialy which will most certainly hurt the sales of 1/6 SS figures.

I myself am proof that this announcement has altered my intentions of orders with SS. Prior to this announcement I was set to preorder all OT figures that were to be released, but now I am only going to order the Scout and bike. On the flip side I have already pre-ordered the Echo Luke/ Han and the Taun Taun of which I think will be great releases.

IMO Hot Toys as stated in their press release will focus on the upcoming films, but I bet that original primary characters will be revisted. OT characters IMO will be sprinkled over the next several years with primary focus on the new films.

So no disrespect intended but to date SS has not made a human likeness that I have found acceptable, or to the level of HT on the whole. I am hopeful that the Echo Han/ Luke will measure up to the prototypes but again I cant say they will. Fingers crossed.

SS mass release of characters that have been requested for years, to me, indicates that they are releasing what they can now in order to possibly capitolize on the loss of the 1/6 license.

You're convinced that HT and SS are partners, HOWEVER nothing has been factualy indicated to suggest a partnership by either companies.

Umm, I'm not sure that needs a reply. Go fact check history. ;)

Infact the only true fact that has been publicly stated was by Hot Toys themselves advising that they have aquired the license for 1/6- 1/4 scale figures.

This is part of your mistake. Only one company has "THE" license and that's Hasbro. Just because Hot Toys has "A" license doesn't mean that Sideshow is out of the picture. Remember Medicom? They were making Star Wars product at the same time as Sideshow. Hot Toys may be replacing them, but replacing Sideshow? That's, beyond doubtful. Remember that these new Sideshow products won't be out until later next year - Sideshow must have a license to produce and sell these things. To think their license has somehow been lost is silly.

Are we to expect a proliferation of HT Star Wars merch in the same quantity as their Marvel products (also a Hasbro master toy license)? Are we going to get one or two figures per year? Totally unclear, but I wouldn't expect them to start cranking out large numbers. Sideshow will continue to distribute their products, we can all bank on that.

Last edited:
Sideshow really has stepped up their game and the SW figures we have seen so far look fantastic. This is a fantastic looking Scout and I'll take at least two.

Biker Scout looks great. I'm curious to see what he'll come with.

Hmm, this could be fun…

He's an easy figure to add "accessories" and environment items to yourself. Logs, rocks, greenery, etc. People had trouble coming up with accessories for 3PO, but this one and the TIE pilot, IMO are the real question marks.

Umm, I'm not sure that needs a reply. Go fact check history. ;)

This is part of your mistake. Only one company has "THE" license and that's Hasbro. Just because Hot Toys has "A" license doesn't mean that Sideshow is out of the picture. Remember Medicom? They were making Star Wars product at the same time as Sideshow. Hot Toys may be replacing them, but replacing Sideshow? That's, beyond doubtful.

Are we to expect a proliferation of HT Star Wars merch in the same quantity as their Marvel products (also a Hasbro master toy license)? Are we going to get one or two figures per year? Totally unclear, but I wouldn't expect them to start cranking out large numbers. Sideshow will continue to distribute their products, we can all bank on that.

Pixel...........

I am not going to debate......and yes I am aware that SS leases the license from Hasbro.............................however please show me other than in this thread that SS has stated that they will continue to make 1/6 figures for the SW line.

In fact a friend of mine who is at Comic Con as we speak spoke with two SS reps there last night, one of which handles the licences for SS..................he stated that the logistics of the license for SS are not finalized and that they are NOT SURE what the future holds for the 1/6 releases. THis is from the horses mouth at Comic Con.

Now does this mean FACT..................nope but its more than anything that has been OFFICIALY released by SS themselves.

I dont care if SS continues to release 1/6 figures or not..................I just know that they cant compete with HT if HT decides to releases the same character. Sorry but its a fact shared by 99% of the 1/6 Star Wars collectors out there. Hence all the excitement around the announcement.

SS has stepped up their game on HUMAN characters but there is nothing to support that their releases will match the prototypes seen thus far. See Obi Wan Kenobi lastest release for evidence that improvement has not reach the level needed to this point.

I love this Scout and I love most of their Imperial releases like Snowtrooper, Vader and others, but HUMANS.......nope.

There's nothing to debate and I'm not participating in that. You can't debate speculation and I was simply trying to temper the fantastical statements made because they are not, as you stated yourself, facts.

The facts are these: Sideshow's newest SW figures have been displayed and are not yet available for sale. Hot Toys has shown and announced nothing.

There's nothing to debate and I'm not participating in that. You can't debate speculation and I was simply trying to temper the fantastical statements made because they are not, as you stated yourself, facts.

The facts are these: Sideshow's newest SW figures have been displayed and are not yet available for sale. Hot Toys has shown and announced nothing.

Fact:
https://www.hottoys.com.hk/news.php?newsID=170

SS Response:

Now this is an OFFICAL RELEASE from HOT TOYS. Please show me SS reponse in writing on their website. Time will tell, and AGAIN I will say......................I dont care if SS keeps releasing 1/6 figures.......................I am happy that HT is now carrying the license on 1/6. See above link its pretty definative my friend.

Later.

Look, you're posting off-topic garbage in the wrong thread and I think everyone has been more than polite and patient. Start a new thread about the license announcement if that rocks your boat. Most of us are fans of both companies (among others), but it's getting really tiring in here.

Look, you're posting off-topic garbage in the wrong thread and I think everyone has been more than polite and patient. Start a new thread about the license announcement if that rocks your boat. Most of us are fans of both companies (among others), but it's getting really tiring in here.

i agree.

I don;t see any problem if both HT and SSC will make SW, the same way Hasbro and Medicom made/make. It would be best for them to try not to release the same characters at the same time. I wouldn't mind seeing a Stormtrooper in 1:4 and 1:6 from HT.

Back on topic: I like this scout and have to say that except the old Hasbro and the Kotobukiya statue there was no Scout released in this size. Will be getting one for sure. Maybe even the bike, though the Hasbro looks very cool still, compared to the SSC one - still would like to see more pics of the SSC bike

Well, that's settled then. :lol

So - display options folks? I'm going one of these guys (hopefully) & an Endor soldier facing off, with hopefully at some stage a nice Endor Leia as the centrepiece in front.. if that makes sense. :lol

I don't know where it is... but SSAlex was quoted from another forum stating that Sideshow still has their license. And I swear there was an announcement earlier this year where Sideshow reported having secured the continuation of the license.

They're not going anywhere and most likely HT and Sideshow will work together rather than directly competing with one another. It benefited HT to challenge EB & Medicom products (Godfather, Bruce Lee, Jack Sparrow) but with Sideshow there's really not much of a point since they have such a strong history. And I imagine they may want to still share some future licenses that Sideshow has rather than pursue them on their own.

Back