Sideshow Star Wars Mythos Statue Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
because he would die? The mask is part of his sealed armor breathing/life support system. Only in a controlled pressure(?) chamber like the one in the movie can he take off his mask safely. The base indicate he's standing in the middle of the lava...

Am i missing something? either way vader = helmet, without helmet it looks just odd, and i agree it should at least be held by his side with the helmet facing front.

This piece is a character study. By having him look at the helmet, he is looking at what he becomes by having to depend on a machine to live coupled with his path down the dark side. This piece seems to have him in almost a contemplating state, asking whether or not he wants to take this path.

Too many Vader statues just him posing with his lightsaber or the way-overdone outstretched hand. This is a breath of fresh air and quite thought-provoking. Very well done.

I don't see how he would die. His helmet was removed in the movies twice..and he survived it.

This was expanded on in the novel Shadows of the Empire - to start he could only survive without his helmet inside his meditation chamber (seen first in Empire). The book expanded that as he practiced, he was able to open the chamber and breathe without assistance but only for a short while.

This was expanded on in the novel Shadows of the Empire - to start he could only survive without his helmet inside his meditation chamber (seen first in Empire). The book expanded that as he practiced, he was able to open the chamber and breathe without assistance but only for a short while.

yes only in his controlled meditation chamber, and your second point that is after he has had a lot of practice even then it's only for a very short while. This statue shows him as a young vader so he wouldnt have the training needed to survive, also he's standing in the middle of the lava which is a very hostile environment.

I just dont see how they could make it work, will be interested to see the background story explanation.

I don't see how he would die. His helmet was removed in the movies twice..and he survived it.

did you even watch the movie...

Nice, didn't know that.

Ben looks gorgeous too. This line is really shaping up to be kick ass. I hope they continue it and I'm very curious to see what's coming next.

it comes with coh?

I kind of doubt they are making two so yeah. Unless the helmet just fits over the head which could be the case as well.

Star-Wars-Mythos-Collection_1335529398.jpg

I kind of doubt they are making two so yeah. Unless the helmet just fits over the head which could be the case as well.

ah cool, i take it back then. This statue is not a fail, with the helmet on he looks good. And the first "weathered" vader i know of...

The doors to the room were opening before he had his helmet back on fully. :dunno

He was going to die regardless of whether or not he kept his helmet on though..that had nothing to do with his death. :dunno

you are twisting, dont be baghdad bob, admit you are wrong and move on.

Vader without his helmet outside of the pressure chamber will die.

you are twisting, dont be baghdad bob, admit you are wrong and move on.

Vader without his helmet outside of the pressure chamber will die.
Uhm, what? How am I twisting the truth? Did these events not take place in the film?

I'm not wrong about anything, YOU are the one who is wrong. He CAN survive without his helmet on as seen in the effing movie, but obviously not for a long period of time.

So, that is not a fault with this statue. :dunno

does the vader have a light up base? anyone know if the orange on his helmet / lower half of the body from the video are painted on or just reflection from the lighting?

i hope it's not painted on :/

Back